April 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Your hike sounds awesome! It's so great that you have friends to go on those adventures with.
    I also had never seen the shells on a grave like that before. That article is really interesting @shanaber. I have no idea what purpose they served in this case. I find it interesting that @kgirlhart has several near her with the same thing. We aren't terribly far apart in the grand scheme of TX.

@aine8046 Sorry to hear about your knee! I hope it feels better soon!
  • martaindale
    Options
    @kgirlhart Forgot to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it was a fun day!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls You are amazing. Where do you do your "crazy laps?"

@martaindale Congratulations on signing up for Dopey 2023! You are building muscles on those hills. You'll do great.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls You are amazing. Where do you do your "crazy laps?"
    Crazy laps are through my home. Mainly around and around the basement and up and down the stairs.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    32 miles so far. I've got 4 miles scheduled for tomorrow. I rode my bike today. 40 min with 1:30 RPM or Hill. My legs always feel like jello after and make runs the next day difficult.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    Those are crazy laps @AlphaHowls ! I think that would drive me "crazy." :lol:

@RunsOnEspresso I hope your run is better than you are expecting after the bike ride yesterday.

SOOOO glad to see you are doing okay @noblsheep . Glad you are able to get out and cycle to work. Running will come again, if you want it to. It's hard to find the time when you are super busy at work.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    April Goal: 100 Miles

4/3: 10.02 miles
    4/5: 5.25 miles
    4/6: 5.31 miles
    4/7: 5.14 miles
    4/10: 10.02 miles
    4/12: 5.13 miles
    4/13: 5.13 miles
    4/14: 6.02 miles
    4/17: 10.04 miles
    4/18: 5.4 miles
    4/20: 5.15 miles

72.61/100 miles completed for April

Thanks for the birthday wishes @shamaber, @quilteryoyo and @martaindale!

@noblsheep Great to see you back!

I didn't want to get up and get going this morning, but I ended up having a pretty good 5 mile run. The wind has just been ridiculous lately and I really didn't even want to go outside, but I dragged myself out the door and was glad I did. It was 69°F this morning, so pretty warm, but it really was the 20 mph winds that were unpleasant. When I first headed out it was dark and cloudy but as I ran the sky started getting lighter and it looked pretty cool the way the dark clouds were blowing away across the sky revealing the lighter sky underneath.

exercise.png

• martaindale
    Options
    April totals: 68.5/100 miles

4/1: 3.2 miles
    4/2: 6.5 miles
    4/3: 3.2 miles
    4/5: 4.1 miles
    4/6: 4.3 miles
    4/8: 3.1 miles
    4/9: 7 miles
    4/10: 3.1 miles
    4/12: 5.1 miles
    4/13: 4.7 miles
    4/15: 5 miles
    4/17: 8 miles
    4/18: 3 miles
    4/19: 3.1 miles
    4/20: 5.1 miles

Speed work this morning with 9 x 400m repeats at mile pace. Even though it was warmer, the humidity was still not quite full force and had some decent cloud cover. This is my 4th day in a row of running and 2nd day of some sort of workout. My legs were definitely feeling fatigued by the last repeat but I managed decently consistent paces. Tomorrow's recovery run will be very welcome!
  • martaindale
    Options
    Hey @7lenny7! It's good to see you here and I'm sure @Scott6255 will be happy to have another guy in the mix! It sounds like a DNS is the right call. I hope your feet continue to feel better. How's Cody? (I think that was your dog's name, right?)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    55 out of 90 miles so far this month.

Unlike many (most?) of you, I love that winter is hanging on like it is. I am fully enjoying continuing to run in these cooler temps! I wish it wasn't a rest day today since it's raining and in the 43F right now. I love that stuff! I'd skip the rest day but tomorrow is a trail day and that's more important to me that a rain run.
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    4/1 14.46 miles, Crazy Laps! 1432 days on the run, 614 days HM+ Streak

@AlphaHowls I thought of you and your crazy laps last month. I entered the Sandlot Marathon, which is a full marathon run on a baseball field. 384.5 laps...you'd be a natural for this! Except for the snow perhaps. I made it 200 laps before bailing out...just under 15 miles. The day, and my feet, started out well but eventually I had to take myself out of the race. In the photo below the table you see on the far left is the aid station. The black shelter you see on the right is where the timers are. They set up everyone with an RFID wristband and as long as you get your wrist close to the sensor, it logged a lap for you.
    fviokr5eaf10.jpg

@Scott6255 that back pain is not fun! Hopefully it resolves quickly. Do you do any yoga? I was in a couple of yoga classes last year and found it really helped my back pain. I need to get back to doing it. All I need is more time...

@rheddmobile I bet you finished that run through the hail with nearly closed eyes, too!

@katharmonic I'd love to see Bonnie Raitt in concert. She's amazing...one of those timeless singers like Emmylou Harris.

@Aine8046 what building is that in your photo you posted a couple of days ago? Looks pretty cool.

Happy birthday @kgirlhart !!

@garygse I missed that you were running Boston even though I follow you on Strava. Great work! I'll have to go back and check out the run on Strava.

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 wrote: »
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    4/1 14.46 miles, Crazy Laps! 1432 days on the run, 614 days HM+ Streak

@AlphaHowls I thought of you and your crazy laps last month. I entered the Sandlot Marathon, which is a full marathon run on a baseball field. 384.5 laps...you'd be a natural for this! Except for the snow perhaps. I made it 200 laps before bailing out...just under 15 miles. The day, and my feet, started out well but eventually I had to take myself out of the race. In the photo below the table you see on the far left is the aid station. The black shelter you see on the right is where the timers are. They set up everyone with an RFID wristband and as long as you get your wrist close to the sensor, it logged a lap for you.

I could do that, I think! As long as the pattern is consistent. I can also understand 'bailing'. I have to change the pattern (every song). I have trained myself to change directions every song because it prevents 'overuse' injury. I could also get used to certain temperatures. The problem where I live is that it has no consistency. This week has gone from 33 to 80.

And! Good to see you on the boards!