WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!😊

I didn't have any cookies or candy yesterday! Yay! I did have a lot of pistachios, but at least I cut the sugar. I will run out of pistachios today, so I might eat an apple instead. Getting better!

You all are persuading me to get my knee looked at. Thank you. I will call for an appointment today.

Annie
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Terri! It sounds as if you had a good day!

Karen in Virginia
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in wet NW WA
  • strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    🌼
  • rsnsza
    rsnsza Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Terri!
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    So sorry I missed your birthday TERRI!!! Sounds like it was happy.

Oh Beth, I feel for you and I understand that caring for TWO parents would be WAY too much for you. The cost for both of them is a lot too though. We were very Blessed to find a reliable, wonderful home-health care aide for my MIL before we found her a senior-living apartment near us. And the woman was ONE person and she was only replaced when she was ill. It was so great. But, if you don't find that one person and are saddled with changing people every day or every several days, you're at the mercy of the agency and their personnel and that doesn't always work well.

I'm worried about my laptop too, Annie! And I use it for work and play... YIKES! Freddy says we're going to try to replace the battery first and see what happens.

Hi marty, welcome!

Omgosh... "stresslaxing"! I think I do that, Machka. Now I know what it's called.

I've used Voltaren for years too, Debbie! You should really try it, Katla. Don't know about that Stopain, but I'd love the spray/roll on idea. I hate having to "apply" the cream.

Have to admit, I had TWO cookies yesterday. Went to test two of my kiddos at the middle school and visited a dear, old friend who's the head cook there and she gave me two of the CC cookies...... which are FRANKLY THE BESSSSSSSTESTESTESTEST... yes, I said it, CC cookies on the planet. So, I had to eat them. I just HAD TO! She knows they're my fave. Oh well. So, I'll have to do some extra body groove today.

Carla, groovin' in MN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Kim.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Annie when my knee acted up I got some physical therapy. The exercises he gave me help. He gave me a heads up about shoes too. Make sure they have good arch support. No more flats or heels unless just walking into a restaurant or church where I mostly sit. I agree be careful with knee support it may weaken the surrounding muscles. You want to exercise and stretch hamstrings and upper thigh muscles inside and top. It is your leg muscles that keep your knee strong unless there is a tear and than that needs medical care. There are some good exercises for knees online.

Terri Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Annie ... I started therapy for my knees in May of last year (interrupted by the leg break). No braces. Very specific exercises for my specific concerns. Fortunately, my health insurance has no limit on PT so I can go twice a week. My improvement has been significant and well worth the time. Knee-replacement is in my future, but for now the knees are back to behaving.

Terri ... Happy Birthday!

Carol ... here in NY I am finding nothing for 3000.00 in assisted living care that would be appropriate for one let alone two people. My dad was upset with the price he and my mom are being charged in OH. I'm finding that they are getting a bargain! How did the hearing aide appointment go?

Stresslaxing ... oh, I know what that is ...

Allie ... I'm 100% in agreement with Kelly! If you wear yourself out, you will be no good to anyone. But more importantly, you need to be good to yourself!

Miserable, rainy day and I'm not feeling like doing anything...

Beth near Buffalo
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Worked today. Have the Green Room in about an hour. Tomorrow after work I go to the soup kitchen

marty – welcome! Awesome weight loss.

You know, I feel bad for Jess. Denise won’t go to her graduation. I know that Jess would like her to be there, Jess’ friend is going. Denise just said “sorry I didn’t call you (for Easter) but I got busy”. Yea, busy going out to dinner with Pete’s family. We knew all along that she wouldn’t go to Jess’ graduation but still. I know it’s bothering Jess. Her friend can go, but her own sister can’t.

Allie – why do you feel bad? It’s good for Tracy to do things for her son, too. He needs to know that his mother is there for him too.

Margaret – the only time I wear any type of heel is when I go to church. Even then, it’s usually only at max a 2” heel.

Michele NC
    who just realized that she hasn’t played mahjongg in a long time
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    <3B)