Women 200lb+, Let's Astonish Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• biohazardinc
    biohazardinc Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2022
    SW: 220
    CW: 218
    GW for April: 217

4/27:215.6 🎉🎈

Goals for April:
    -Commit to Start and stick with it.
    -Join a Group for support.
    -Exercise 5x a week.

I'm so glad to have the support this time around. I kept trying ways to stay inspired on WW. It was easier the first time because I had a friend doing it with me. This last time I had no one. I had a group of friends I tried doing The Biggest Loser contest with but none of them wanted to do it. Its really nice to be at a workplace that has a gym too. It helps because when I get home I just have no energy to do a lot. Gets rid of the excuses.

• Cluelessmama1979
    Cluelessmama1979 Posts: 129 Member

So current stats...
    Height: 5'1" (I'm going with the higher number just in case)
    SW 273 (04/04/2022),
    HW 274.4 (04/18/2022)
    CW 263.4 (04/27/2022)
    GW ?? 260 by May 1??
    UGW 175?

Not a whole lot to update...

I am moving way more than I thought I could.

I can't do much at one time. I make a few small circles with my arms and my shoulders ache so bad after just 5 of them.

But then I stand up for 30-45 seconds, and my back starts aching.

So I sit down and squeeze a stress ball till my hands hurt.

And so on, till I have done all of my small movements, and by then my shoulders have stopped hurting enough that I can do my small arm circles again.

I've been moving non-stop, just a few lil motions at a time.

I'm just sitting watching videos on the tv, not accomplishing anything, and I know it doesn't seem like much to most people but... it is to me.

I'm so stoked to realize that I *can* move this much, that I'm almost scared to *stop* moving. I'm exhausted, but it's so encouraging. I'm eager to see how much mobility I can build back up.

Breakfast, luunch, dinner, all going well. I'm not struggling at all throughout the day. But after dinner, I immediately start thinking about a snack. So I have a snack fairly early. Then, a few hours later, I get hungry. I start obsessing about food. So far I have managed to hold out until bedtime, and sleep it off.

The thing is, the dinners are filling. I'm not eating the snack early because I'm hungry. I just *want* the snack. I'm working on it. Impulse control is hard lol.

Daughter has taken over my old mfp account (all settings on private) and is rigorously logging everything we eat and checking it against what I logged. I asked "Don't you trust mommy?" And she says, "I did, but look where that got us." All matter of fact, and like... that was hilarious, but also... ouch, lol.

@CupcakeCrusoe I did know that, thank you. But don't ever let that stop you from sharing knowledge. Even if people already know what you're telling them... sometimes we need a reminder, or need to hear it phrased in a different way, or just to hear someone say it *to us*.

I recite calorie math like it's the alphabet... but I wouldn't be here if I had internalized/applied it. ;p

But yeah, I know fluctuations happen, its just... frustrating. I want to make a goals list... "XXX by week2, XXX by end of May", etc... and I obviously can't.
    So I end up tracking the data, making out the goals lusts and I'm way ahead before I get to the first date, and then I redo them... over and over... obsessively... it's just ine more issue I need to work on if this is going to stick, tbh.

Re: chicken soup: yeah, I'll see if I can find some of the stuff I was looking at but there's benefits in basically each ingredient, it's crazy. These sort of old wives tales and folk remedies are so rarely accurate lol.

@biohazardinc :o did you just smash your goal for April?! Congrats!!! That's amazing!

• biohazardinc
    So current stats...
    Height: 5'1" (I'm going with the higher number just in case)
    SW 273 (04/04/2022),
    HW 274.4 (04/18/2022)
    CW 263.4 (04/27/2022)
    GW ?? 260 by May 1??
    UGW 175?

Not a whole lot to update...

I am moving way more than I thought I could.

I can't do much at one time. I make a few small circles with my arms and my shoulders ache so bad after just 5 of them.

But then I stand up for 30-45 seconds, and my back starts aching.

So I sit down and squeeze a stress ball till my hands hurt.

And so on, till I have done all of my small movements, and by then my shoulders have stopped hurting enough that I can do my small arm circles again.

I've been moving non-stop, just a few lil motions at a time.

I'm just sitting watching videos on the tv, not accomplishing anything, and I know it doesn't seem like much to most people but... it is to me.

I'm so stoked to realize that I *can* move this much, that I'm almost scared to *stop* moving. I'm exhausted, but it's so encouraging. I'm eager to see how much mobility I can build back up.

Breakfast, luunch, dinner, all going well. I'm not struggling at all throughout the day. But after dinner, I immediately start thinking about a snack. So I have a snack fairly early. Then, a few hours later, I get hungry. I start obsessing about food. So far I have managed to hold out until bedtime, and sleep it off.

The thing is, the dinners are filling. I'm not eating the snack early because I'm hungry. I just *want* the snack. I'm working on it. Impulse control is hard lol.

Daughter has taken over my old mfp account (all settings on private) and is rigorously logging everything we eat and checking it against what I logged. I asked "Don't you trust mommy?" And she says, "I did, but look where that got us." All matter of fact, and like... that was hilarious, but also... ouch, lol.

@CupcakeCrusoe I did know that, thank you. But don't ever let that stop you from sharing knowledge. Even if people already know what you're telling them... sometimes we need a reminder, or need to hear it phrased in a different way, or just to hear someone say it *to us*.

I recite calorie math like it's the alphabet... but I wouldn't be here if I had internalized/applied it. ;p

But yeah, I know fluctuations happen, its just... frustrating. I want to make a goals list... "XXX by week2, XXX by end of May", etc... and I obviously can't.
    So I end up tracking the data, making out the goals lusts and I'm way ahead before I get to the first date, and then I redo them... over and over... obsessively... it's just ine more issue I need to work on if this is going to stick, tbh.

Re: chicken soup: yeah, I'll see if I can find some of the stuff I was looking at but there's benefits in basically each ingredient, it's crazy. These sort of old wives tales and folk remedies are so rarely accurate lol.

@biohazardinc :o did you just smash your goal for April?! Congrats!!! That's amazing!

I think I was bloated when I weighted the last time but I will take it!
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Just coming here to complain about the app being intensely broken.
  • biohazardinc
    Just coming here to complain about the app being intensely broken.

Yes it’s very frustrating!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited April 2022
    Quick check in, because things are broken, and it's terrible. There are a few alternatives that are free until MFP's food logging features stop being broken, if y'all are like me and don't want to go a day without logging.

(I'm on a free trial for MacroFactor, that's how I'm logging food right now, but it's a little more expensive than MFP premium once my free trial goes away.

I'm likely to keep it, as it does a maintenance calorie calculation, calorie shifting for less or more on whatever days I choose, and weight averaging all on the dashboard, which I like a lot. AND the development team is very responsive- I recently voted on a feature to note when my cycle dates were in there, so that the algorithm they use for weight averaging and maintenance calories and things can be updated. They suggest calorie counts based on how you're doing. It's beautiful. I like it. My excel spreadsheet I keep is now mostly for if I get rid of MacroFactor, instead of as a necessity.)

Some free alternatives:
    cronometer
    fatsecret

I've used both, I liked cronometer more than fatsecret, although cronometer has no social integration, and fatsecret has some. But fatsecret's social integration is not as good as MFP's. I think both databases are not as complete as MFP's, but in the case of cronometer, they scrub all entries in their food database to make sure they're accurate.

Just popping in to mention those two, so that if you can't log here, you can log somewhere with similar databases.

Quick tags!
    @biohazardinc way to go!
    @seltzer_lover I know :(((((
    @Cluelessmama1979 :heart:

• seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    I downloaded Cronometer yesterday but it just doesn't do it for me at all. Hopefully the app issues get resolved today or tomorrow.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yesterday would seem to be a bad day for me healthwise but I am not so sure it was as bad as you'd think.
    Bad: I went to a drive in for lunch then bought and ate my 2 top junk foods (sour gummy bears and corn nuts). I didn't exercise. I also didn't have time for my bullet journal.
    Good:
    • I logged all the food I ate and it wasn't over my TDEE
    • I finished meal planning for the week
    • I went grocery shopping which for me means mega NEAT ( I was more tired than I get after a walk which I do more often and doesn't involve lifting
    • I drank a lot of water
    • we had a healthy salad for dinner
    • I didn't have my usual after dinner treat
    • I basically did all the things I put as check boxes on my daily journal page or as many as usual
    • I didn't gain any weight this morning but we will see about tomorrow
    I have an appointment today so I will read your posts after that.
    So far so good today.
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Officially back down to my end of March weight. This month was a maintenance/diet break month for me. It was nice to take some time off. I was still being active and eating relatively healthy, french fries aside, but I let it sit on the back burner when it came to social eating. Birthdays, church socials, etc. Feel rested and ready for May now.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    edited April 2022
    We did a test in my workshop today from Choosemyplate.com and I got a good score. It tests your diet relative to how healthy it is based on some questions.

Hmm I haven’t had any issues on here today yet. I guess I will see what happens after I post. Well I got my exercise in today and went just a bit farther than usual. I had leftover salad for lunch. My husband and I only shared one last night and the other for lunch today. I have dinner planned for tonight.

@CupcakeCrusoe Yes that happened to me too where I lost my appetite COVID booster and I went down and I figured I would go up again and I did but I am hovering just a bit lower than before and I 81 now I can get there again. Hope you are feeling fine now. I like that PECS thing. I agree there should be joy in life and that includes food. I use a daily weight app too on my phone. It helps me since my weight goes up and down a lot daily so I need to see the trend.
    @JAC581 Sorry about the painful breakup. It isn’t bad that you are finding some silver linings to something hard. I think you are taking this pretty healthily. You took a day to deal with it. You took a day to take small steps to get back into life but still transitioning. Keep positive but don’t ignore your feelings. Just don’t let them take control.
    @seltzer_lover glad you are back in the grove again.
    @1967bkm Ice cream is something I have a hard time doing without. I have started to eat ice cream cones in those small cones. That way I don’t eat as much and am satisfied because I am licking it and not spooning it. It sort of forces me to savor the ice cream I am eating.
    @sbortnick Oooh I love that you can walk to work. Nice goal setting.
    @Cluelessmama1979 I make chicken noodle soup when one of us gets sick if I can. However relative to Chinese tradition it is a hot food and they do not recommend it when fever is involved. I was making it for my husband and my mother-in-law called and told me not to feed him poultry. How did she know?!
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    KeriA wrote: »
    I was making it for my husband and my mother-in-law called and told me not to feed him poultry. How did she know?!
    This made me laugh so hard! I think depending on family and where the hubby fits in, he might have just remarked it to Mom. My hubby is the quiet middle child, so he tells his mother next to nothing. But the youngest boy... whew, close to Ma! So close! But his wife was fine with that, as she has a Jewish mother who evidently has no boundaries so she was all like, "just another day in the life of a daughter/son". Families are just amazing if you think about it.

@JAC581 (((hugs))) one foot in front of the other (((((((super panda hugs))))))

@1967bkm re: Ice cream. When I was first in full deficit mode, I ate fruit every day. Cherries to be exact, cherries happened to be in season. I looked up the volume eaters thread, and there was a lot of "protein whip" and "protein ice cream" but I found it difficult to fit into my daily eating. So I had protein ice cream dates with the hubby on Saturdays. (((granted when I found out I was allergic to whey, I had to stop eating it.. but until then it was very fun!))) You might want to see if you can make some sort of kool-aid slushee with a sugar replacement. You might have to have "the talk" with yourself. For me "the talk" was about cheese. But there are definite substitutes, it just depends on what are you willing to tolerate?

@kenziestabes Way to crush maintenance!! Atta girl, back at this journey ready to go!! Awesome!!

@Cluelessmama1979 I love how you are getting it moving!! Way to go!!! Great attitude!!

So today, since I had such a "fasting think Imma die" kinda Lent, I have had so much energy for Easter maintenance. All this talk about "de-clutter" and what not, decided to do some spring cleaning! So, looked up on the internet best way to clean a stovetop. I had the two ingredients recommended: baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, a little elbow grease... wah-lah! It looks beautiful!! Only problem is, my fingernails are looking generally whiter than usual and my hands are a little tingly. Because I forgot: simple ingredients put together COULD be alchemy or something? OOf!!

g807c9m9db5j.png
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    @Cluelessmama1979 that is so great about moving more than you thought you could!!!
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Communists In The Gazebo? Parting the Red Sea with Moses? Aunt Flo visiting? The British have landed? Miss Strawberry is new to me though! One time I saw a picture of the left ovary being one side of a civil war, and the right ovary the other side. Of course, the ladies have it all worked out so that once every two months one prevails. Just to keep it all equal and what not. (((((hugs)))))
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Oh folks I had two days of not great eating and the scales are taunting me. Trying a bit of a fast to go whoosh again but it's slow going. I did manage to get a cycle and paddle in last night but I think I'll need to be doing more strength training to move things along as far as getting fitter and stronger go.

And sorry I've been so busy with work so just getting a chance to pop in, I see y'all have so much going on, wish I could give support to you all. Maybe at the weekend when the dust settles. Take care!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    edited April 2022
    Good morning everyone!

Stillll holding at 189.4! I will take it!

Lots to do, headed out on a long road trip tomorrow after work, oof.

I was putting the recipe for my egg roll skillet in MacroFactor this morning to log it, and their recipe creator gives me serving sizes in grams while I'm inputting the ingredients :kissing_heart: omg, I've been waiting for this moment my whole life, logging leftovers is the worst. Now it's easy. Another reason to keep MF as opposed to logging in MFP.

Tag party!
    @seltzer_lover I know, there is a part of me that misses logging on mfp. Maybe because I've been using it since 2013, lol.
    @KeriA looks like you picked yourself up and dusted off from a day with some bad in it! I laughed out loud:
    However relative to Chinese tradition it is a hot food and they do not recommend it when fever is involved. I was making it for my husband and my mother-in-law called and told me not to feed him poultry. How did she know?!
    They (mothers in law) always know somehow! :lol: My mother in law knew I was pregnant before I did, lol.
    @kenziestabes happy to hear you enjoyed your break and are ready to keep going! :sunglasses:
    @justanotherloser007 :lol: I understand. I make cleaning supplies myself, and I have to label my bottles VERY WELL so that I keep the bleach solution away from my vinegar solution I use for almost everything. :neutral: Luckily never had an issue yet *knocks on wood*
    @bonniemcc4 I'm glad you are going to see the rheumatologist. Mojo that they listen well, and that you both can come up with solutions for issues. :heart:
    @goal06082021
    white-cheddar Cheez-Its and a big mug of chamomile tea
    for me it's almost always marshmallows and takis. :lol:
    @porquenoirl I'm glad you're keeping up the exercise, and weight is weight, it'll come off if you do the thing. And you can do the thing.

Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Oh shoot, MFP is charging $80/year for premium now? MacroFactor is actually less money than that ($72), and does more. Pffft. So now it's a matter of, do I want to pay for MacroFactor or go back to logging for free on MFP. I guess I have until Saturday to figure that out.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Communists In The Gazebo? Parting the Red Sea with Moses? Aunt Flo visiting? The British have landed? Miss Strawberry is new to me though! One time I saw a picture of the left ovary being one side of a civil war, and the right ovary the other side. Of course, the ladies have it all worked out so that once every two months one prevails. Just to keep it all equal and what not. (((((hugs)))))

I love Communists in the gazebo - I've heard Communists in the funhouse, which is also great, but "the gazebo" is an excellent euphemism for vagina, LMFAO (we'll see if the filter catches that). I think "Miss Strawberry" is Japanese (Ichigo-chan). I have a book I picked up years ago called Flow: The Cultural Story of Menstruation, and it has a bunch of whimsical euphemisms for being on one's period in it (including the elaborate, evocative, and powerful "riding the big red Cadillac down the highway of life")

I just looked at the help article about the sync issues, i hope they get all this resolved quickly. I had a hell of a time logging yesterday - since the recipe and meal features aren't working, I'm having to log my lunch and dinner by ingredients which is not how I normally do it. There are 12 ingredients in my quinoa bowl for lunch this week (quinoa, beef broth, turkey kielbasa, feta, craisins, asparagus, peas, zucchini, canola oil, olive oil, mustard, white wine vinegar) and the sync issues mean there's a lot of duplication, so I'll log my food and then the app will refresh and I'm 800 calories over but it's because my lunch logged each ingredient four times. Thank goodness I'm now hip to the Edit button in the app, that would have been a miserable hydra fight trying to remove the dupes one at a time.