JFT - April 27
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Exercise - 👿

JFT - April 28
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise

I probably have time to get the water in, but then I’ll be up half the night.
    I worked hard at work doing some physical things today, but I don’t know if it was enough to count.

We have our Grandpup here for a few nights, I swear a grandchild is so much easier. She lives in a little lakeside community where she knows all of the other dogs. She has a fenced in backyard where all she sees is birds, squirrels and one neighbour in the winter when the trees are bare. She is not used to all of the neighbours and animals here and barks when she’s outside and whines when she’s inside wanting out.
    She is quite funny though, when hubby gave me a kiss good night she snuck in between us and kissed me too. 😂.

@TerriRichardson112 - I’m sorry for the loss of your friend. It is hard losing people our own age.

@littleblackskirt - I giggled at your misreading too, it’s applicable to many.

@cschmitz110515 - we had snow here a bit today too. Our weather seems to mimic each other.

@mytime6630 - sorry for the loss of your niece. I hope your daughter sees that she needs more help soon.

I wanted to get up to get a snack, but the dog is finally sleeping peacefully and I’m scared to wake her. How’s that for curbing the calories.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 When I read your post I just wanted to reach out and give you a big hug. You and your daughter are similar ages to myself and my girls. And to have lost your niece must be so painful for all of you. looking after yourself is a good choice. And counting your blessings will help.
    Virtual (((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 For you and your family.

Terri
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 I hope you find comfort in meeting your friends again.

@mytime6630 I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time. I really feel for you. (and yes, it's never nice to hear what others think of our looks, it can be very hurtful even if not intended)

@Snowflake1968 I so get not wanting to wake the dog up!

So JFT Wednesday

Plan an evening meal in advance not in detail, but decided on chicken, peas and oven chips. Quick and easy
    Only one snack yes
    Continue laundry/ironing yes

JFT Thursday

Plan evening meal
    Only one snack
    Continue laundry/ironing
    Grocery shopping
    Mow lawn
    One extra task
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Up by 6:30 :smiley:
    - Work by 7:30 :(
    - Dog & Pony show :smiley:
    - Protein bar for lunch :smiley:
    - Leave work by 4:00 :(
    - Log food :(
    - Stay green :neutral: Maybe
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 10:00 :smiley:

Have a wonderful Wednesday y'all!

Really emotional yesterday for no real reason... Just didn't get things done.

Today my afternoon in person meeting was canceled so I get to work from home. Oh how I love not getting dressed in the morning! I still have meetings all day, but I can get a shower at lunch and chill in my PJs until then.

Going to mom's, then spin class, then date night this evening. That's the plan at least.

JFT Thursday
    - WFH :smiley:
    - Meetings
    - work on GLU report
    - More meetings
    - GO to mom's to sort bills
    - Spin class - just calling the class
    - Date night/trivia
    - Home by 10:00
    - Bed by 11:00

Happy Thursday, y'all!
  • biohazardinc
    biohazardinc Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    1.Post Weight in Results. ✔️
    2.Drink 64oz of water.🥛✔️ {color=#FF1493]Crushed it! 78/64oz[/color]
    3.Log all meals.✔️
    4. 30 minute exercise.🚴‍♀️✔️
    5. Stay under 65gm of Sugar. ❌ 85/65gm the new Pho bowl I had is 24 gm of sugar...will have to remember that for next time.
    6. 2 Cups of Veggies. 🥦🥬🍅✔️
    7. NO CANDY OR DESSERT.🍭🍬 ✔️
    8. Spend 20 minutes of cleaning. ❌
    9. 5 minute stretch in morning.✔️
    10. 5 minute stretch at night. 🧘‍♀️❌
    11. Get 6k Steps. ✔️ 8,643/6,000

Thanks all for the welcomes~!

JFT Thursday
    1.Chat in new groups.
    2.Drink 64oz of water.🥛
    3.Log all meals.
    4. 30 minute exercise.🚴‍♀️
    5. Stay under 65gm of Sugar.
    6. 2 Cups of Veggies. 🥦🥬🍅
    7. NO CANDY OR DESSERT.🍭🍬
    8. Spend 20 minutes of cleaning.
    9. 5 minute stretch in morning.
    10. 5 minute stretch at night. 🧘‍♀️
    11. Get 6k Steps.
    12. Add new items to Etsy Shop.
    13. Stand up for 3hr at work.

@pridesabtch I've been trying to get into riding but I definitely don't have the stamina like a lot of the bikers around me so I tend to always be dragging behind. I'm hoping to get better some day. I'm sorry about your panic attack. Sounds like something I would have the same reaction to. Its really hard to "put up boundaries" or rather just speak your mind. My therapist tells me constantly to but doesn't realize that sometimes doing that causes just a back of a reaction. I hope that your feeling better now. Glad your audit went well. Hope the dog and pony show goes well to. Have a great Thursday.

@cschmitz110515 I too enjoy looking at other peoples goals. It can be inspirational and lead to a new goal for myself. I unusually only have time to post to people in the morning. Good luck to the balancing and budgeting!

@mytime6630 I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm very close to my niece. My sister has always been more focused on her relationship with her next loser boyfriend that my niece suffers a lot. I try to take it upon myself to be a mother figure to her. I tell her all the time that I wish she was mine. I can't imagine losing her so I can't even imagine what your going through.

@more_freggies76 I keep meaning to ask. Do you like peanut butter? Its always a goal of yours not to eat. Is it something you tend to over indulge in. I know that feeling. I feel like i have to cut myself of certain things. Like Starbucks.

@TerriRichardson112 Sorry for your loss as well. Memorial services are a nice way of getting people all together. When my grandpa died in 2020 we had a celebration of life. No funeral. But I think that suited Papa he was a quiet man who didn't want people to mourn him. But it brought all of the family together. People I hadn't seen in 15+ years. It was nice. We ended up taking a group photo at the end of the night like it was a family picnic.

@mytime6630 My husband can do the same thing. I know its never intentional but he just lets stuff slip out without realizing its something I'm self conscious about or that it would bother me. But he always tries to make it up to me afterword's. I don't mind getting older but I get panic attacks thinking of mortality. I try to distract myself when I get in those moods. Hope today goes better for you.

@littleblackskirt Enjoy your Thursday hope the weather is okay while you mow.

Have a great day everyone. <3 Amanda

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Recap W 4/27 ~ Happy Hump Day @Bex953172 I always smile when I think of you on hump day.
    1) PT exercises before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (need more) :) 8K 25 floors yay 14/14 boom!
    3) Net calories <200 red really! / NO evening snack / 96 oz. water :s still eating Easter chocolate, forced myself to log ~ ack! net cals -496 but sodium green yay, fiber & protein excellent, calcium low, 96 oz. water
    4) GA-S testing & F&Ds / email inquiries to David? still in draft stage / emails current = 2/3
    5) Balance bank accts / update budget s/s did not take the time / declutter (any kind) 15 min. / another ta-da? TA-DA! = after making turkey ole for supper, not a lot of steam left in me 2/4
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / pray & Calm / 6:15 alarm (PT exercises before work) :mrgreen: 6/6 yay!

JFT R 4/28
    1) PT exercises before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net calories <200 red oh my stars just do it! / 96 oz. water
    4) Two very brief staff meetings done already :) / update cjs log comments / GA-S testing & F&D summaries / amend email inquiries to David / Facebook Live video / emails current
    5) Call mom & dad / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / wash dishes / declutter (any kind) 15 min. / another ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / pray & Calm / 6:15 alarm (PT exercises before work)

April 5# challenge {Sat. weigh-ins}
    SW 4/2 173#
    4/9 171# net calories & sodium better this week
    4/16 171.5# fast food night before
    4/23 172.5# Easter Sunday dinner & week of eating leftovers

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • will register for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,580 Member
    Options

JFT for 4/28 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last4/27).
    2) No peanut butter today (last 4/27)
    3) Don't weigh again until Friday 4/29
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 4/24) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 4/25)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & up to 28 almonds ok
    7) No turkey jerky today.
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 4/1)
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 4/25)
    10) Ok to eat a meal before noon because of lunch meeting.
    @biohazardinc - Actually, I do like peanut butter and I can have it, but not everyday. Same thing with cheese. There are other things too. My mantra is "I don't need the same foods everyday". I try to have peanut butter only every 4 days or so and cheese every other day. I'm never going to rid myself of the pleasure I have with some foods, so I just try to manage them. I concentrate on not eating many times in the day and keeping my carbs low at home. It's just a lot of techniques that I've learned over the years that work for me. I've lost about 80 lbs over the years and still losing slowly. (I don't concentrate on the number so much anymore.) My other mantra is "I'm going to accept imperfection" - but that one is still hard to do.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Good morning JFTers! I wanted to pop on here before I go grocery shopping as a reminder to myself that Cheetos are not in their own food group.

Just For Thursday:
    1. Food Plan: Veggie Soup for lunch. Shrimp on the grill, salad and baked sweet potato for dinner.
    2. Assess yesterday's plan. :) Done and I did good!
    3. 64 oz water before 6PM
    4. Walk Maddie if knees are okay after grocery shopping
    5. Podcasts - Half Size Me, The Exam Room, PNP
    6. Readings / Journaling / Reflections
    7. Clean & prep produce after shopping for my refrigerator "salad bar"
    8. Home Care
    9. Evening Routine

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my salad, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Late posting, but I do have a dinner plan and want to stay accountable.

Recap - Wednesday 4/27
    Plan meals - :)
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - :) Very windy walk
    Stop for groceries - :)
    2 chores - :) Little ones
    Prep and grading - :)

JFT Thursday 4/28
    Plan meals :)
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Hydrate
    Exercise - :) Another windy walk, but it was good to get out in the sun B)
    Clean out fridge
    Laundry?
    Grading

April challenge
    SW (4/1): 171.4
    GW: 166.4
    4/8: 169.8 (-1.6) Really happy to see this number :)
    4/15: 168.8 (-2.6) Halfway :)
    4/21: 168.0 (-3.4) One day early this week :)
    Meal planning: 14/30
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 4/28 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last4/27). ✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 4/27)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Friday 4/29✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 4/24) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 4/25)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & up to 28 almonds ok✔️
    7) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 4/1)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 4/25)✔️
    10) Ok to eat a meal before noon because of lunch meeting.✔️
    JFT for 4/29 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last4/27).
    2) No peanut butter today (last 4/27)
    3) Don't weigh again until Friday 4/29
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 4/24) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 4/25)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & up to 28 almonds ok
    7) No turkey jerky today.
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 4/1)
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 4/28)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• beachwalker99
    Options
    Posting tonight since tomorrow morning will be busy.

Recap - Thursday, 4/28
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - Low on protein
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - :) Another windy walk, but it was good to get out in the sun B)
    Clean out fridge - :)
    Laundry? - No
    Grading - No

JFT Friday, 4/29
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Hydrate
    Pick up Mom
    Funeral
    Fajita dinner

April challenge
    SW (4/1): 171.4
    GW: 166.4
    4/8: 169.8 (-1.6) Really happy to see this number :)
    4/15: 168.8 (-2.6) Halfway :)
    4/21: 168.0 (-3.4) One day early this week :)
    Meal planning: 14/30
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - April 28
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all Food -👿
    Exercise - 👿

JFT - April 29
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise

• RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new here to MFP and am looking forward to meeting more of the community. I have lots of bad habits I'd like to break and start creating new ones. I'm guessing that's what we're suppose to post here?
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    Is anyone up for an exercise challenge in May? We could set our own goals (number of days, time, distance, steps).

I'm supposed to get 30-45 minutes of intentional exercise 5 days a week, but I haven't been reaching that goal. A challenge might help push me to make exercise a priority. Anyone in?
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Is anyone up for an exercise challenge in May? We could set our own goals (number of days, time, distance, steps).

I'm supposed to get 30-45 minutes of intentional exercise 5 days a week, but I haven't been reaching that goal. A challenge might help push me to make exercise a priority. Anyone in?

I'm in! I've been slacking.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited April 2022
    Options
    🐰🐓🐣🐥🤗🐥🐣🐰🐓
    🐰🐣🐥APRIL 2022 🐥🐣🐰
    🐰🐓🐣🐥🤗🐥🐣🐰🐓
    Life Affirmations
    🔹WOTY - CONSOLIDATE
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    Personal Stats:
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • Total weight loss: 81.4 lbs
    • (30 Dec 2021: 138.6 - Total Loss: 87 lbs)
    • 3 Jan 2022: 138.9
    8 Jan 2022: 135.8 - TL: 91.2
    20 Feb 2022: 138.6
    18 Mar 2022: 139.1
    27 Mar 2022: 138.0
    April Daily Habits:
    Week 4

Fri:🌷Sat:🌷Sun:🌷Mon:🌷
    Tue:🌷Wed:🌷 Thu:🌷
    1. Weight < 140: (I weigh each morning after ablutions)
    2. Reduce Fat%: 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 21%
    3. Increase Muscle%: 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.4 : 31.8
    4. Calories in the green:
    5. Steps > 7500:
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily:
    7. Active hours > 6 daily:
    8. 11pm shutdown of devices:
    9. Cleanup sweep ground floor rooms:
    10. make bed > 10 minutes of flex:
    11. Journal/Habit Tracker:

Recap: Thur 28 Apr:
    • Meditation🌷
    • Morning Workout🌷
    • Look out photos of graduation 🌷
    • Memorial Service 12.00🌷
    • JFT April Challenge🌷
    • April Tiny Habit🌷
    • Laundry🌷
    • Self Care🌷
    • Solid habits + track🌷
    Positive Intentions: Fri 29
    • Meditation🌷
    • Morning Workout🌷
    • Gardening🌷
    • Prep + Latin Study Group🌷
    • Buy fish for freezer🌷
    • Gardening
    • JFT April Challenge
    • April Tiny Habit
    • Laundry
    • Self Care
    • Solid habits + track
    Investigating positive Identity based habits
    I am a person who abstains from late night snacking. March, 31/31:
    April:
    Me: 28 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ Streak: 65
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    APRIL CHALLENGE
    I already pre-plan meals for the day. However, my daily CI fat %age had drifted up quite a bit, so:
    I commit to keeping my CI fat%age within 2% of my daily goal 90% of the days. (Allows 3 pass days for celebrations 🤦‍♀️)
    April Challenge:
    CI Fat %age < 27%
    🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣
    🐣🐣🐣🐣🤦‍♀️🐣🐣
    🤦‍♀️🐣🐣🐣🐣🤦‍♀️🐣
    🐣🤦‍♀️🐣🐣🤦‍♀️🐣🐣
    Pass days:
    Tues 12: lunch outing with daughters. Hard to log accurately so taking it as a pass day.
    Fri 15: family picnic lunch, and dinner. As above.
    Wed 20: Birthday celebrations
    Sat 23: Garden Party
    Tues 26: DH asked for macaroni cheese.
    Up early today to do my Latin translation. I didn’t get it done yesterday as I was longer in Belfast than I anticipated. Also, one of the girls I was going to the service with collapsed at the weekend, and was in hospital for a couple of days. She was going back in yesterday for tests. I hope she’s going to be okay.

🦄 Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

I’m up for that.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - WFH :smiley:
    - Meetings 😀
    - work on GLU report😞
    - More meetings😀
    - GO to mom's to sort bills😀
    - Spin class - just calling the class😀
    - Date night/trivia😀
    - Home by 10:00😀
    - Bed by 11:00😀

Happy Thursday, y'all!

Had a really good day yesterday. I so love working from home. Then got dolled up and went out with hubby to play friends trivia. We even won.

Today V has State Social Studies Fair, so it will be a long day of nothing.

JFT Friday
    - Up at 5:30 😀
    - Leave house by 6:15 😀
    - Drive to Charleston 😀
    - Sit on my *kitten* all day long
    - Lunch at mall
    - Public viewing
    - Awards
    - Drive home
    - Dinner
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:00