OK, let's talk

191011121315»

Replies

• Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Mike,
    After taking 2 days to read all of these posts, I went to the rules of the forums. I read these when I first joined but had no idea they had changed since joining. I was wondering if there was any way to make it show that changes or updates had been done? For instance, when you go to Introduce Yourself main page you see this:

Forum Rules - Please Read Before Posting Started by Mike Posts 1 Views 11,415 Last Post 40 months ago by mike view

Since it said last post was 40 months ago, I didn't realize rules had changed since I joined.
    Just an idea.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,029 Member
    Suggestion: How about setting it up so that a new account's first post has to be approved by a moderator before it shows up on the message boards?
  • shannonvhm
    shannonvhm Posts: 4 Member
    Mike,

I just joined MFP and I love it. Thank you for everything!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    I LOVE the idea of groups...but would it be something that I would need to be "invited" to, or is it like an "open-door" policy type of group where if I wanted to enter "group a" I could whenever I wanted to???
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Mike,

I just joined MFP and I love it. Thank you for everything!
    :flowerforyou: Great to have you!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    I just realized that Taso42 was one of those that deactivated due to the judgemental modding on the forums. Mike, you have lost one of the best members of this site. I really hope it gives you and the other mods pause when they decide to crack down on all the forums.

I feel very saddened that it took members deactivating to get MFP founders attention. I'm looking forward to improvements in the oversite of the forums.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    I'm not promoting them by any means (they are the best at what they do though) but the Keith and The Girl forums layout and everything is great. Very easy to follow, keep updated who's online at the time, new posts made, etc...

http://www.katg.com/forums
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Thank you so much. MFP has been a lifesaver for me. Not only have I been provided with a fitness weight loss site, I have a social site that has supported me during a very difficult time. My MFP friends have given me more than my "real" friends. The chit chat forum is crucial for those of us who can no longer sleep and need a friendly form of entertainment after dark. Thank you for all your hard work!
This discussion has been closed.