WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Heather - When we take our car for service it is 25+ miles to get there. I sometimes have to wait quite a while for the work to be done. The service needed this time is likely to take a day or two.

The challenge is getting there and back. They may have a loaner car. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good way to get the car when it is done.

Katla - did you get this resolved? I recently discovered our local bus/transit system that once only shuttled people between a couple neighboring large towns has added a sort of "taxi" service using cars/vans.

This will be ideal for me if I have to take my car in for repairs/service that might take a day or two. Only hitch is a person needs to schedule it the day before. Since my DH no longer drives, I hate to impose on neighbors for something like this that isn't an emergency, though my walking partner would be glad to help me out in a pinch. (She's over her covid, still a little short of breath but she was anyhow. We got a good walk in this morning before the rain hit.)

I think it's only a few dollars per trip. Not bad! Our rural community isn't into "Uber" yet, and many seniors don't have smartphones or the app anyhow.

I happened onto this info when they had an ad on Facebook. Had I not been on that day, I would have missed it.

Might be something worth checking into. Hope you get something worked out. :)

Lanette B)
    Rainy and chilly SW WA State where we're getting a repeat of March weather today!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Lisa: From your description, I guess I’m a bit of a princess (or maybe a queen bee 🐝) I do not like to get wet or dirty unnecessarily.
    Rebecca: 😱 How did Athena get to be three so quickly!!! 🥰 the T-shirt.

DH and I had a Date morning at a local beauty spot where there are several lovely walks. We had coffee and cake, and then walked through a bluebell wood, and along the lake shore. I will post some photos later when I get access to DH’s tablet. (MFP is still being a pain re posting photos on my phone on the app.)

I love these outings as DH usually seems more relaxed and often opens up a little more than usual.

What I did today: 12 May
    12 May:
    🔹 07.30: Mindfulness meditation
    🔹 07.45: got up/Walking workout
    🔹 Weighed/recorded weight
    🔹 posted Sole Mates steps from yesterday
    🔹 Herbal tea/supplements
    🔹 Sole mates S/sheet
    🔹 09.30: Sole Mates 10 Day report written/
    posted
    🔹 showered/dressed
    🔹 Breakfast
    🔹 Plan/Log food for today
    🔹 Balance macros
    🔹 10.00: enjoyed outing with DH to local wildlife centre
    🔹 13.45: lunch/clear up
    🔹 read/ did some puzzles
    🔹 16.00: Coffee/Relax
    🔹 Watch Pointless/news
    🔹 18.00: Make dinner/clear up
    🔹 Posts JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    🔹 Posts UAC/BHHs
    🔹 Posts for WATWs/Women50+
    🔹 Watch TV/relax
    🔹 10 mins Quigong video

https://youtu.be/UWqSn4CXJjY

Welcome to our new peeps. Feel free to dive into the conversation if/when the spirit moves you.

(((Hugs))) and prayers to those who need them.

Find something that brings you joy, and do it often! 😂

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    Options
    Michele: Good to know you are home safe. 🥰 your ceramics.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    Michele: the panel has agreed on 5 questions relating to the selection criteria.

The questions are given to the interviewees 10 minutes before the interview so they can jot down some notes ... and then we get them to talk about their answers.

That's how interviews are done here. :)

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Well Doris and I had a great time until we got to Costco.. i went to put a case of baby wipes into cart and somehow banged my thumg on the cart.. it started to swell .i asked for ice but they said they didnt have any ..yea ok. But anyway,dropped stuff off at Tracys and then dropped Doris off and came home and iced my hand and
    ACE bandaged it...
    I still have to watch Miles tomorrow but if need be will call my GP and have them take a look after i get out
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Saltlife49
    Saltlife49 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well I am closer to 50 than 40, or even 45, so hi there 🙂 I am new to MFP, was using SparkPeople before it was shut down last year, tried a different app since then for awhile, but just can't seem to get into it. Hoping MFP helps me more! I look forward to chatting with some of you as well as giving mutual support and friendship!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,921 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    <3
  • hhof
    hhof Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    HI all! I am looking for some support and an accountability connection. I have been off of MFP for awhile, after a long term where I lost a lot of weight and was so close to my goal, I fell off the wagon. Since falling I put back 30 pounds. I still exercise regularly, but my food intake has gone off the charts. Would like to give and get support from friends!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    M – say in their answers you then have a question, can you ask it?

Saltlife – welcome! Which other app were you using? I tried a few at one point but came back here. One thing I did find was that MFP seemed to have the most extensive database. And the people on this forum are wonderful.

Sue – what college is your son going to? What will he be majoring in?

Hhof – welcome!

I truly find the ceramics to be very relaxing.

Michele NC
  • supersueg2003
    supersueg2003 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Saltlife – welcome! Which other app were you using? I tried a few at one point but came back here. One thing I did find was that MFP seemed to have the most extensive database. And the people on this forum are wonderful.

Hhof – welcome!

Michele NC

Michele he is going to southeast Missouri State majoring in international business. He says he is most likely going to be moving out of state after so I guess I will be moving wherever he goes. 😜
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Hhof – welcome!

Michele NC

We can prompt a little bit if necessary if they have missed a key point in the question or haven't developed it well.

We prefer the interviewee to cover it all without prompting but one prompt per question isn't too bad.

It's not good if we feel like we're trying to drag an answer out of them.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Karen and Lisa- I too took the assessment. My grandmother was one of 8 sisters. & of the sisters all died after Alzheimer took over. My Aunt is now suffering with it. So far my mom isn't showing any signs that I am aware of other than birthdays...but I don't live near her. I figure the assessment can't hurt anything. Losing things, peoples names, staying on task, planning have all become more difficult. I have never been good on birthdays and anniversaries.

Has been a good day, but it is sleepy time.

Welcome to the new ladies!
    Hugs!
    Laughter!
    Support!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio with a touch of summer
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    When you leave a cast iron pan for 5 minutes....... Ack!
    qu8mt6uc3z74.jpeg
    3q2h87pujg6y.jpeg
    I'm now scrubbing and simmering!
    Rebecca