WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am getting calls from someone claiming to be from Apple. I think it is a scam, and always hang up. Is this something others have experienced?
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I am getting calls from someone claiming to be from Apple. I think it is a scam, and always hang up. Is this something others have experienced?

Without knowing anything about it, there is a very high likelihood that it is a scam. If you tell me a bit more about it (even the number they are calling from), I can give you a better answer.

Tina in CA

• sh0tzz99
    Options
    Hello, all,

The rain has also kept my cranky kitty inside--this morning, she was itching to knock something off my desk, and I told her not to get on the desk at all. The first was her response, "I'm not on your desk, I'm just touching it!" and the second was after I turned my head to look at my monitor:

zb908o6v4kpn.png

I love Egg. I love cats in general. They make me laugh. Probably because I can relate to them.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I am dragging my feet about going to the grocery store. DH plans to send me on my own. I am tired. My plan at the moment is to procrastinate. :noway: Probably not a good strategy. :grumble:

Can you order online and pick up? This is what I do now, and it has made all the difference.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

I think everyone knows this about me ... for the past 4 years I've been ordering groceries online and having them delivered. Much nicer than going to the shop. :)

M in Oz

I love ordering and picking up. However, I hate all the bags they use and so far, there is no way to tell them I don't want bags (paper or plastic). I'd prefer if they just put everything loose in the trunk. I asked them to take it out of the bags one time and she did. Then I asked what they do with the bags. She said they are required by law to throw them away; they cannot reuse them. That is ludicrous.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Things sure didn't go the way I planned.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca

They didn't go as planned for me. I think that's for the better. I'm happy with the way things turned out for me. I'm not sure I would be if they had gone as planned.

Tina in CA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options

Worked, then went to Aldi then WalMart to get the things that Aldi didn’t have. Then got gas. Honestly, I don’t even know what the price was. For 7 gallons it was something like $30, that’s all I know. Need the gas so why cry over the price? I’ll probably go to Food Lion tomorrow since it’s on the way home from work and they have spare ribs on sale. I’ll make them for Vince. I’m also hoping to go to the gym after the soup kitchen tomorrow

Kylia – in the short term, your hubby may be losing business. But to be honest, people will return and give you MORE business because they feel comfortable that you aren’t going to take them to the cleaners. Also, they’re more likely to recommend you to their friends, thereby INCREASING your profits. Does your dh not realize this?

Tracey – yea, I got the RhoGam shot for the blood factor, too.

Very cloudy here. I really should wash the windows downstairs. Part of me wants to go for a walk, but I probably should do the windows

Debbie – you’re right, with an open window any effect from a diffuser would go right out. We found that out in FL. We used one, no problem until one day it was real nice and we had the door open. That day we had problems and I’m sure it was because the effect of the diffuser went out the door

Really need to sort the laundry I did yesterday because my other BK shirt is in there and I’ll need it for tomorrow. Afterwards will work on the windows.

Oh, there’s a mandatory meeting at BK on the 5th, only I won’t be there. I talked to one of the managers and asked if it affected me since I won’t be there. She was a bit surprised until I reminded her that I’ll be in DE. She said all that it is is that they want us to wear a nametag (that’s good for me since I’m so bad with names) and a hat. I remember when I first was hired they gave me this visor-type hat. It never stayed on my head. I saw that practically no one else wore one so I haven’t worn mine. I expect I’ll get another one, and I’ll ask for one of the baseball-cap type ones.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tina — I always hang up on strangers and scammers. I like my privacy. I am happy to chat with my family, personal friends, and near neighbors.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Our delivery doesn't use bags, apart from frozen food. They bring it into the kitchen in crates, if we ask, and we unpack it. They help if asked . It saves us from a big shop with bulky items, but we still shop locally for milk, extra bread and fresh veg. As we never use our car for shoppjng, it saves us a lot of trouble. I buy mostly the same things every time. Our local shops for a top up are very local!

Enjoying our Nordic Murders. Getting a good dose of German! For UK people, it's on More 4. Occasional episodes are a bit gruesome, but good acting and amazing landscapes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 47sec, 3.0ap, 87elev, 90ahr, 112mhr, 6.12mi= 534c
    Strava app = 698c

Happy belated birthday-
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well its been a busy but uneventful morning
    Dan brought his laundry down ,and did help with some of it 4 loads... but havent done laundry in months..
    Soooo listen to this..
    He is going to Vidcon out in Anaheim, California. Flying out by himself. And ataying out there 4 or 5 days... he wants to meet the Merrill twins who are these 20 something sisters that have a Youtube channel..
    Honestly i dont know how this is all going to go down.. if he cant even keep his clothes clean and going to California and be around a bunch of people.. all I can say is God Bless..

He'll be in good company! 😆 In other words, he'll fit right in and have a great time.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I am dragging my feet about going to the grocery store. DH plans to send me on my own. I am tired. My plan at the moment is to procrastinate. :noway: Probably not a good strategy. :grumble:

Can you order online and pick up? This is what I do now, and it has made all the difference.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

I think everyone knows this about me ... for the past 4 years I've been ordering groceries online and having them delivered. Much nicer than going to the shop. :)

M in Oz

I love ordering and picking up. However, I hate all the bags they use and so far, there is no way to tell them I don't want bags (paper or plastic). I'd prefer if they just put everything loose in the trunk. I asked them to take it out of the bags one time and she did. Then I asked what they do with the bags. She said they are required by law to throw them away; they cannot reuse them. That is ludicrous.

Tina in CA

Our grocery has a system ... they drop off the groceries in bags and we give them the bags from last week. We unpack the groceries and hold onto the bags until next delivery and then give them back to the driver. The store keeps using the same bags over and over.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Wow. MFP changed the interface without breaking the forums! I think I might like it the new way, once I get used to it.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    Options
    Wow. MFP changed the interface without breaking the forums! I think I might like it the new way, once I get used to it.

Annie in Delaware

The interface changed???