So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Mm, cake! Where’s the ice cream and fudge sauce? Oh, Viktor, you’re my hero—a bowl of chocolate chip mint ice cream and fudge sauce and whipped cream and a plate with holiday cake. Perfect.
  • NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.

@LindaK125 we actually had leftovers. BIL does all the cooking, and he goes all out.

Viktor - chorizo burrito with mixed fruit and OJ, please.

It's going to get hot tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Leftovers! Crab salad on a croissant, Viktor. Please. More red, white, and blue cake and iced tea for dessert. I’ve commandeered my favorite table on the patio. The one with the pink umbrella (it matches my bathing suit). I’m planning on going snorkeling in the cyberpool later this afternoon.

@NavyCurls , I’m not sure how hot your hot is, I know that could be over 100 degrees. We usually stay under 95 degrees. It’s the dew point and the humidity that make summer weather awfully oppressive. The temperature will be in the low 90’s for the next three days, however the dew point is under 70 degrees and the humidity is around 50%. Not too bad.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, we sure had a cool down around here today. 68 degrees with a chilly north wind blowing. It feels good though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the pizza from last night with the works, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Hey Linda I'll send some of this cool weather down to you. Navycurls I love leftovers especially from the grill. Linda I'll join you on the terrace tonight. And later for sunset dessert we'll have some s'mores
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Gee Zzyyggy, we might reach 68 degrees tomorrow morning at 6:00 am! I have a feeling we won’t see afternoons at 68 degrees for at least another four, probably five months. Glad you had the guys keep the brick oven hot. The pizza was delicious. I’ve been wondering if windmill cookies would work in s’mores.
  • NavyCurls
    Options
    @LindaK125 Our summers (at least the part of LA where I am) can be in the 100s no problem. But, it's supposed to be in the low 90s. Anything above 80 is too hot for me. At least where I work, there's AC on my floor.

The s'mores were delicious!!!! You can't go wrong there. @Zzyyggy the leftovers were almost as good. Just missing a few items.

Viktor - scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage links, toast, hashbrowns, mixed fruit, and OJ, please?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, a rainy day around here in the real world. We need it though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I think I'll have that cheese cake with cinnamon twist Betty had on the news letter and an iced mocha. Francois said he made up one just in case. I might try the recipe this week it looks pretty good.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have the steak and blue cheese salad, please.

Dessert on the terrace everyone? I’ve ordered apple pecan cake, with brown sugar icing. Viktor said he’d have our drinks ready for us. Iced tea for me.
  • NavyCurls
    Options
    @lindak125 I'll take a lemon bar. If done correctly, they are so yummy!!!! I just tried the ones from Trader Joes on Mother's day for the first time, and I nearly ate half the package (granted they were the size of my fingers, but still . . . .)

Meet y'all on the terrace. I'll either bring the movie or the books. What is your choice?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, you would make the RumChata cheesecake? For yourself? My mom used to say she would love to make a cheesecake just for herself and eat it for breakfast. I don’t think she meant that she would eat it in one sitting, of course. I can’t even imagine eating cheesecake because I can’t eat cream cheese or sour cream. I’ve never heard of RumChata before, but adding rum would probably taste delicious. However, I think I’d rather have lemon squares instead of cheesecake for breakfast this morning.

Viktor, I’ll take a table by the french doors overlooking the orchards. I know the porch has a better view of the orchards, but it’s a little chilly out this morning. Apparently, I’m getting used to the heat and any time the temperature goes under 70 degrees it feels chilly to me. Mm, Cafe Domingo, thanks Viktor.

@NavyCurls , we can watch movies on the big screen out on the patio or in the man cave. Jorge makes the best movie popcorn. I like mine with M&M’s.
  • NavyCurls
    Options
    @LindaK125, I'll switch weather with you. You can have my heat and I'll take your cold!!! :smiley: The movie is going to be good. I'll take popcorn with butter and some caramel corn.

Viktor - surprise me with breakfast this morning. I don't know what to have.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Linda did we get a new employee Jorge? Navycurls I'll take some of that heat. Our weather today and yestarday was both crappy and cold. It had better get better soon or I'm having a serious chat with Mother Nature. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge basket of chicken fingers with a mixture of sauces, and french fries. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Linda I read over the recipe and it's too much work for one person. I have made cakes and pies though for just me in the past. Ate a slice or two and put the rest in the freezer. I may still give the recipe a try though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, NavyCurls introduced Jorge, Viktor’s brother. Since he’s here we really should put him to work. @NavyCurls, it was a chilly 68 degrees at 6:00 am this morning and by 10:00 am it was 84 degrees heading on up to 93 degrees. Not really cold.

I want to watch The Witcher or Shadow and Bone, but Sweetie isn’t thrilled with the idea of either. I’ll have to send him to the upper reaches in the family room to watch Dad TV. I’d like chocolate and caramel popcorn with M&M’s. Zzyyggy, there are Klondike Bars in the freezer in the man cave.
  • NavyCurls
    Options
    @LindaK125 @Zzyyggy you can have that weather, I'll pass :wink:

Viktor - a chorizo burrito, mixed fruit, and OJ, please. For lunch, Teriyaki Chicken, mixed steamed veggies, and white rice. For lunch, Vince's spaghetti, garlic bread, and a side salad with ranch dressing. For dessert, rocky road ice cream to be served in the man cave.

I need to finish watching the Queen of the South and Poldark series.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Linda I must have missed that post with Jorge but that's a great idea. Navycurls thanks for the employee. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with lots of tarter sauce and french fries with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. Today turned out perfect. It started out dark and dreary but the blue skies finally came out in the afternoon and the temp is 74 degrees
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Yes, another night in the man cave. @NavyCurls , I love Poldark. I’m going to check the freezer to see if there are some Heath Klondike Bars. Ah, Zzyyggy, it sounds like you had a beautiful day today.

Oh, a bucket of M&M’s. I wonder if there are any tuna treats for Useless.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, another gorgeous day in the real world. Here at the cyber cafe the boys have got the grills out, and the pizza ovens set up on the terrace. I'm going to have the grilled porter house steak, baked potato and grilled veggies with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim first though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Yum, pizza with grilled vegetables for me, please, Viktor. I’m going to see if Francois made any cherry almond sugar cookies today.

We had a beautiful day, too, Zzyyggy. Of course, we were 10 degrees warmer, but 82 degrees feels lovely after three day in the low 90’s.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Another beautiful day in the real world with lots of sunshine. A nice breeze blowing keeping down the heat. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast pork chops with mashed potatoes and gravy. Peas, and dinner rolls to round out the meal with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim in the pool first though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, we had another beautiful day, too. I think I’d like some chocolate tonight. I’ll have Viktor make a chocolate espresso sundae for me with a side order of caramel sauce and then I’m off to bed early with lots of sweet dreams for tonight.