• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    1hoppyipadgirl – welcome

After dinner went to Aldi. I was in and out in less than ½ hour. To think, I used to find food shopping such a good experience. Now? I look at the prices and want to cry.

Michele NC
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies Phew managed to catch up

I'm going into town today with mum - it will be the first time she had used her new mobility scooter (she traded her old one for this newer model with suspension :) ) Looks like the weather will be warm and sunny. I've been having a bit of pain in my knee lately so I'm hoping I can manage the walk there and back without trouble. I've noticed when walking the dog that I can manage about an hour walking before my knee starts to hurt.

Nothing much happening in my neck of the woods, doing the same old routine. Not sure what is going on with my sleep pattern though, I am wide awake in the early hours tossing and turning, finally falling asleep when it is time to get up and feeling tired most of the day. My energy levels are non existent, I even had to have a rest after vacuuming yesterday! I usually have more energy when the weather is sunny.

I know it's been put to bed and don't want to drag it up again, but I love seeing pictures of all the grandchildren and love to see how they are growing up.

Barbie it is so sad when our fur babies get old and frail <3

Had more to say, but as usual time is running away with me and I need to get ready for my shopping trip :)

Take care and love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Heather - that’s is so true, I know there are things that no one knows about me.
    Heather - I agree the algorithms of our phone knowing us more is scary.

Yep, me too. Kind of glad no one is in my head!

I like to try to confuse the algorythms by looking up something completely random sometimes. :grin:

I wander through my Google Account and Facebook Account from time to time and turn off the things I do and places I go so that I don't get personalised ads.

I am currently in one of my favourite offices that I’ve ever worked in only because it has a window that opens!!!!! It’s tiny, but fresh paint and and the window helps tremendously.

Another favourite office I had was a corner office on the 10th floor of an office building downtown Edmonton. The views were gorgeous. I ended up in there due to a fluke for about a year, it was the VP’s office.

Favourite Offices

My favourite office was this one. I was at the far end and the whole wall behind me stretching across 4 or 5 offices was a sloped window looking out over the fields. We each had so much room! Plus I could cycle there (35 km round trip) and there was a storage place for my bicycle. In the middle of the building was a mezzanine looking down on a kitchen and eating area. There were huge plants around that area ... it was like a conservatory.

z3gxstzycjbi.png

My next most favourite office was probably this one. I had to share it with the big printer and scanner, but nevertheless, the office was private and had a window that looked out on my bicycle. Again, I could ride my bicycle there (13 km round trip).

8i9rl4h8duxh.png

Of course, working from home has been right up there too. :)

I've had jobs I haven't been particularly excited about, but I don't think I've had an office I would call really bad. Some have had bad elements ... like the office that was built ages ago and had this and that added or removed at random. Turned out I was sitting on a section of underfloor heating that had been installed one year and it just kept getting hotter and hotter. But building services couldn't figure out how to turn it off!! Finally they had to do a serious search because they started to fear that the underfloor heating might spark a fire. My department finally moved out of that building when they found loose asbestos.

Or the one where I sat next to a guy who gave a sharp cough once a minute.

I had my gyno appointment today, she did a biopsy but doesn’t feel that there is anything for me to worry about. She believes the issue I was having from October to January was hormone related.

I think I've had that biopsy a couple times.
    For me, it was polyps and precancer = D&C and a cancer treatment.

Hopefully you're OK.

I applied for 3 jobs tonight. I applied for the position I originally saw, but when I logged into Indeed there were two others that I just couldn’t overlook. All of them pay at minimum 4.00 an hour more than I’m currently making and all have benefits and such.

I am not really expecting a call on any of them as each of them has a program that I am not familiar with. It is good to apply and keep my resume up to date though.

Tracey in Edmonton

It's great that you went for it!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    5o1g0w0azoi4.png
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    LShotmaker ~ Welcome and congratulations on your weight loss!

1hoppyipadgirl ~ Welcome!

Carol in GA :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,688 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Thunder and heavy rain this morning.. I love it...
    Alfie woke me at 6. So im awake but not dressed yet..
    Im all stuffed up though .ugh.
    Going out with Doris today.
    Every day i get with her is a treasure xoxo
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ This was taken from Corinthians and reminds me of what you were saying: "For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them?"

Carol in GA
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Welcome 1hoppyipagirl! Love your handle! Do you have a favorite ipa?
    Machka- Your offices look so open and airy! Nice! My least favorite job was in an office. lol My sister was my boss (that didn't work well) and I was at a desk filing microfiche (also not fun). lol I have always been much happier at jobs that allow me to move around. Before I became a childcare provider, I worked in restaurants and bars and was happy as a clam. Didn't make enough $$ though.

Ope. Kids rolling into my driveway. time to fly. ttfn xoxoxo. I will be reading over the next few days and catch up with you all on Monday! KJ (Kelly)
  • Machka9
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Welcome 1hoppyipagirl! Love your handle! Do you have a favorite ipa?
    Machka- Your offices look so open and airy! Nice! My least favorite job was in an office. lol My sister was my boss (that didn't work well) and I was at a desk filing microfiche (also not fun). lol I have always been much happier at jobs that allow me to move around. Before I became a childcare provider, I worked in restaurants and bars and was happy as a clam. Didn't make enough $$ though.

Ope. Kids rolling into my driveway. time to fly. ttfn xoxoxo. I will be reading over the next few days and catch up with you all on Monday! KJ (Kelly)

My absolutely least favourite job was in a restaurant. I lasted there maybe about a week and a half. But I did work in a couple donut shops and that wasn't as bad. I have difficulty with facial recognition so in the restaurant, I'd take an order and when it was ready, I didn't have the faintest idea where it was meant to go. So much yelling at me.

Next worst would have been a maid job I stuck with for a few weeks. I didn't mind cleaning but I minded the fact that the 3 other people I worked with smoked like chimneys in the car between jobs and yelled at me for being too slow. Plus I was horrified by a few of the places I cleaned.

And then there was the shoe shop with the boss who threatened to hit me.

I have done childcare and didn't mind that. I had fun with that most of the time. :)

But put me in an office out of the way in the corner, with a window, and I'm happy. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Thursday -- last day of work for the week.

It's been an interesting week.
    Lunch with workmates on Monday.
    Doctor appointments (mine, not husband's) on Tuesday and Wednesday. More tests tomorrow. In fact, tomorrow is a full day of tests.
    Cycling National Committee meeting on Tuesday night.
    Legal submissions.
    Winter roaring in.

5 avocados appeared in our grocery order today by accident. 5! Who orders 5 avocados? I see a lot of guacamole in our future - that's the only way I like avocado. I wonder if I can disguise it some other way.

Gusty out there just now ...

rhn6yomimdb2.png

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,688 Member
    Options
    Ive had alot of jobs in my day and my favorite by far was a DJ at a roller skating rink..i was 19 or so and had a blast my bosses that owned the rink were sweethearts and there kids were close to my age. And after all these years im still dear friends with Cathy there daughter..
    Ive worked in factories,waitressed,delivered flowers, dental office of course.first job McDonald's back when I was 16.
    Lordy I am sneezing up a storm golly
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Welcome to those who are new!

Allie - I hope your brother's procedure goes well, and he has a quick recovery.

Heather - Re our secrets:
    Once upon a time, more than 20 years ago, and shortly after we lost our mother, I sent a letter to my sister and the two brothers closest to me in age, telling 30+ years of secrets they handed me to keep.

Those revelations hit the family like an arrow from on high into a placid pond... a small disturbance, a single ripple, and then gone. That sole ripple was when I mentioned MY secret, that listening to my older brother's wife speak was much like putting an ice pick in my ear and into my brain. Over and over again. I also noted that I would never willingly be in the same room with her again. That was the only thing that upset him.

The rest of the secrets the arrow carried simply entered the still water and buried themselves in the mud at the bottom. They were never spoken of, even when we all met again at our grandmother's funeral. I will say, though, that my older brother's wife didn't come to the funeral, which I appreciated. 😈

Tracey - Be careful... Job hunting becomes addictive, sort of like gambling. Well, it was for me. Every time I had a success at my then-current job, I'd drop off an old accomplishment and add a new one to my resume. Sending them out was like playing roulette--you never know when your number will come up.

Vicki - My sister is getting dentures now, and so looking forward to it. Her teeth have hurt her most of her life, and since she's seldom had insurance, she's paid thousands for her dental work.

Viv - Might be worth getting your iron checked, or your thyroid. That lack of stamina for me always meant one of them was off-kilter.

Carla, congrats on the outcome with your office!

So many more I wanted to speak to, but lost the thought. The first sunny morning this week is in progress, and I want to get out there and enjoy it.

Later,
    Love y'all!
    Lisa

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Dentist appointment at 8 - cleaning. Crossing fingers they won't find anything to make me come back sooner than my next cleaning in 6 months. Lisa - I kind of cringed at your crown experience. Hopefully mine will hold up for the rest of my days.

Then shoe shopping - something with hard soles that will accommodate my swelled up right toe and tape/gauze dressing. I was hoping my old Keens would work, since they have a wide toe box. Nope. I talked to the doc yesterday, he said lay low, no walking with my buddy for 2 weeks. Then start back with activity as pain allows.

Turns out I have a "non-displaced fracture" of my pinky toe. :# Should be healed in 5 weeks.

Yesterday I climbed back on the mower and finished the back. I've named her Nellybelle and I kept telling her we were going to get along just fine. ;) Am anxious to have some of the smaller trees at the back of the property removed - a few of the small Western Red Cedars and a couple Douglas Fir are dying, might be delayed hit from the drought last year. They are a pain to mow around so off they go.

Michele - we too have quite a slope (ditch). Somehow DH coaxed that mower up and down without ever tipping it. My neighbor across the street wants to feel useful so I might nicely ask him if he wants to mow that for me. :)

Sue - gosh I hope the MRI shows something that will be easy to recover from. I thought it was good news that you were doing better staying off your feet. Hard to do though when we have to cram a week's worth of work into a couple dry days here. <3

Carla - if I didn't already mention, I am so happy for your new office space (when you get it!). I will admit I had the big virtual cast iron skillet ready to lob at whoever the inconsiderate person was who assigned you to the storeroom. I still have the small skillet ready, though. Someone should have informed you of the plan ahead of time to save everyone a bucket load of stress!!! ;)

Barbie - thinking of you and Jake and Sasha. I'm sure she's the best dog ever. Hope her health holds and she sticks around for a while. Sophie, who was half poodle, had the best manners, wasn't a brat at all - hardly ever barked! Rosie the schnauzer sounds the alarm for me now, which is good. Leaves blowing on trees, people driving up the street. :) Beware!!

OK have a few things to wrap up.

Have a great Thursday, peeps. And welcome new ladies! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where the high is in the mid-60's today and more rain.