• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,889 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Have a question for you all or if your from the south ya'll..
    Carmine- things are just not going well at all..
    End of the school year is coming up and Kyle's insurance does not have mental health coverage that he needs. IMHO intensive in house therapy is needed.. he is a very angry depressed young person ,that is just impossible to everyone.,nasty to me,her parents ,her grandfather teachers I think.. and all he does is sit up in his room when he comes home from.school.. no phone that got taken away a long time ago .. just disrespectful and doesnt care about anyone or anything except himself...
    I know having a new baby in the house can be some of it but Tracy and Kyle have bent over backwards trying to do stuff to engage Carmine and to do things together to no avail..
    Any of you have any answers..
    They are working with the school counselor but like I said Kyles insurance doesnt have mental health coverage..and I think he makes to much to get free seevices.. we are all at our wits end and our hearts hurt...

Take Carmine to his/her GP and get antidepressants. He/she is depressed.

Have the GP do a referral to someone who works with young people.

And quickly. See GodMomKim's post.

There should be free services available.

BTW, taking away his/her phone means that he/she has no chance to try to find help for him/her self.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,889 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Monday

Work - of course
    Still sorting things out in the aftermath of my phone fiasco last week.
    Got another large document finished tonight and sent it.

But I finished the large document while watching Death in Paradise and Poirot, sitting in my chair in my comfy clothes ... so that's almost like relaxing.

Snow down to 400 metres tomorrow ... chilly and windy. Winter!

I've had to dig through my closet to see what I have in the way of pants ... slacks. I so rarely wear them!

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, <3

I've been trying to get back on the 16:8 IF. If I can put off first meal until 11, then finish off by 7, I can do it. Ice cream and cookies aren't helping, but once I can get outside and burn off more calories, that will have to do.

So on Saturday night I was barefoot, kicking little round stuffed birdies to Rosie. I misjudged and my right foot hit the recliner. Pinkie toe poked out at a 90 degree angle and it HURT. I pushed it back into place and dug out the Rocket tape and got it attached to the toe beside it. Mostly iced and elevated it yesterday, doing better today but shoes are dicey. Not too much swelling but nice bruise on top my foot. I have "stubbed"/jammed both pinky toes many times throughout my life, but this is the first time one of them has taken a hard right or left. :D

I found a pair of Hoka's in the closet with a super wide toe base and high-arch orthotics that I can walk in for short distances.

I went online yesterday and grabbed an appointment with the doc this morning at 9 am. Love their online scheduler. I wanted to go over DH's labs with him anyhow, so can get both taken care of.

Rori - you had to be channeling superwoman to deal with your foot problems when taking care of your husband and brother.

Annie - sending you strength as you deal with your aging parents. When I was looking for support regarding DH's dementia, I ran across this: AgingCare.com Lots of discussion about topics like the challenges you are experiencing.

Heather - glad the kids are home! Your meal looked delicious and what fun with the grands. Love the way your husband gets right in there with them. What a great opportunity for you two to be kids again.

Gotta finish up a few things and hit the shower.

Make it a great week!

Lanette B)
    41 degrees and sunny in SW WA State right now.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Machka- just talked to Tracy and she said tried setting up something through the state transgender kids in his age group with a therapist through zoom and wasn't interested..he might have done it once ,wont take antidepressants..im hoping they find something that works it scares me so..
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Allie ~ Carmine is one mixed up kid who doesn't seem to really want help. It seems like he/she is enjoying all the drama that is being created in the family. Maybe in her mixed up state she really isn't ready to assume this new identify. Since he/she isn't an adult, why can't the parents insist that she take meds and go to counseling?

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Tracey ~ Great pics of you and the grands at the fair. They are so cute!

Rebecca & Machka ~ Oh how I would have loved to tan like you two. Every summer I would burn, burn, and burn some more but no real tan. Now I am paying for it!

Heather ~ Such lovely family photos!

Kylia ~ Glad your accident was minor and y'all are safe.

Carol in GA

I wish I could tan like I used too, as well! This old body hasn't really seen sun since 2016. I miss my nudist years. Maybe one day well go back and I will look like one of those dancing raisins in those commercials.😂😋
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa