WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I envy all who have a dog. Our sweet old dog, Schooner, passed away last fall, just inside our front door. We were beside him when he passed away. We still miss him. We hope to find another dog when the time is right. ❤️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Pip: Hope Yogi recovers quickly.

Spent lots of time in the garden today clearing out our spring planters ready for summer display. I have loads of bulbs drying out in the summerhouse. Almost forgot about my Parchment Craft Group after lunch.

Weather has been quite warm with short, heavy downpours, not that it made much difference to the very dry soil. We are deciding what we want to put into the planters for summer.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them. Especially those who have poorly family.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies. Feel free to jump in with comments if/when the spirit moves you.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Rita- yes Homer is 16 and ,Toms moms dog that I had to take to the vet years ago was a shih-tzu same thing. Covered in fleas after my MIL died ,my BIL couldnt care less my FIL wasnt in any condition to take care of the dog and so I ended up the day that Tracy,Kyle and Taliah moved out to Ohio i saw them off then had to drive an hour and take that poor dog to be put down.. my poor FIL was in tears..
    We kept her ashes at the house and when my FIL passed we buried them with him as was his wish.
    Tom wants all of the tins of the cremated pups buried with him lol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family and drop yogi off at vet- 1hr 14min 05sec, 38elev, 2.92ap, 86ahr, 101mhr, 3.86mi= 357c
    Strava app = 440c
    Walk home to gym- 10.43min, .52mi= 50c
    Strava app = 60c
    Stairclimber- 20min, lvl5-7, 136ahr, 156mhr, 1152steps, 71floors= 190c
    Elliptical machine- 5min, 3incl, resistance 3, 107ahr, 142mhr, 165c
    Walk gym to home- 11.06min, .55mi= 49c
    Strava app = 63c

Total cal 681
  • Katla49
    Options
    Pip — Sending good wishes for Yogi. I hope he is doing well and is getting better and better. ❤️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options

Worked today and soup kitchen tomorrow. The guy to do the annual maintenance on our heating is here right now and after he leaves we’ll probably go cut the weeds. Update: this was yesterday. He was here about 2 hrs. It usually doesn’t take that long, but he was new. Wouldn’t surprise me if this was his first or second service call. I did get the weeds trimmed, tho.

I want to do something by the drains in the backyard so that it for one thing looks nicer and another so that it’s easier for me to mow. Getting Vince to do it is something else! Anyway, I finally got him to purchase the stone. It’s a first step. I do want to get this work done before we can no longer do it and also before it gets too hot outside for Vince. The heat doesn’t bother me as much as it does Vince. On the way home stopped at the vet’s office to get some meds. I’m thinking that tonight I might take a walk to the dollar store. I am working on a jigsaw puzzle. One of the ones that I don’t like. Every piece is the same. But on the back you have to be sure that the letters and numbers line up exactly. Well, it’s hard to turn the puzzle over so I’m thinking that if I put some poster board under it, I can flip the puzzle over and be sure that the letters and numbers match

Anyway, plan to work tomorrow then want to go to WalMart. For one thing, I want to make gazpacho and I need the veges. For another thing, every purchase at Sam’s Club you get something like 5% back. Well, if you buy gas in June on a Saturday you get like double the points. So I’ll also buy gas.

Oh, the delivery truck was late getting to BK today. I know Jerry was not happy that he had to stay to put away the items delivered on the truck and I was finished. So I came home, changed, got dinner ready, then went to the soup kitchen. He seems to have this aversion to getting the pickles out of the refrigerator for me. Why, I really don’t know. I had to ask him three times today. The third time I said that I really didn’t want to have to ask Molly (the manager), I’m only asking him then because it was before the truck came and I know once it came he would be busy. Grumble, grumble. But I just let it go in one ear and out the other.

It’s a beautiful day and I would really like to go in the pool, but I think it’s more important to get Vince started on the stuff by the drain. He is usually OK once he gets started. He wants to get it finished. It’s supposed to be nice the next few days so I’ll probably go in the pool then.

Lanette – I usually like a sneaker that has more room in the toes. I find Avia to be good. Also Ryke. My bowling shoes are a men’s. Most bowling shoes are too narrow for me.

Lisa – Vince is just the opposite from Corey. The slightest little pain and he’s right at the doctor’s. I’m the one who will work thru the pain. Not Vince. I have a high tolerance for pain. Sometimes I wonder if this isn’t a problem. When I get a crown, I never get novacane. None for a filling either.

Wake Forest Baptist Hosp. Called. Seems they made the appt for my ear. I thought they’d have asked me if that day was good (it is).

Anne DE – good luck to your uncle

Carol – one time I used Pledge on a small section of my floor by accident and I thought it made the floor very slippery. It did eventually wear down, tho. I really do wish there was some sort of wax that you can use with the Swiffer. Now I have tried using Rejuvenation and putting it on the floor with the Swiffer. Worked out OK.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Options
    DH is taking a good nap. 💤 We expect a visitor later this afternoon. ⭐️
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ It wasn't Pledge furniture wax. It was Pledge gentle floor cleaner for wooden floors. I applied it with a damp Libman's mop. The floor look great! Now, I need to do the hall and entry way. Can't do the dining room and living room because they are covered in my DH's assortment of stuff that takes up too much room.

Carol in GA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Well I got into the cookies I bought for a guest and blew my calorie limit by several hundred calories. Oh well. I will have to be good this next week. I guess that pushes reaching my goal weight out a week.

Annie in Delaware
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    LISA- So happy Yogi came out of surgery okay! Hugs and healing thoughts!
  • heybrowneyes39
    heybrowneyes39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Nee to this please advise
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3