Options
    Pip, Awww! Love the pic of your pup taking a sun bath! <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Finally got my follow up gynae appointment for this coming Monday morning. Only 3 months later than expected 😝 Slowly getting outstanding issues resolved. New glasses, new gearing aids. Just a dental checkup to organise and I’m good for this year. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Karen: 🥰 your brother’s painting.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Levi and I are sending good thoughts and wagging tail to Yogi !!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DH’s doctor wants him to get a photo of his heart. We called his MS doctor but haven’t had a call back yet. It is likely he will have to go to Good Sam in Portland for the photo. DH is medically complicated. He has diabetes and MS. We’ve been married a long time and want many more years together.

An echocardiogram?
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Lanette,

I had to smile when I read that your diagnosis was "non-displaced toe fracture". There is no way that fracture was initially non-displaced, because it was sticking out at a 90 degree angle immediately after you stubbed it! You apparently (expertly) reduced your fracture when you straightened your toe, resulting in such good alignment that the radiologist read the film as non-displaced. You're a pro! :D

Karen in Virginia,

Karen! I know, right? Thank you!!

Since it was sticking out funny I thought I'd just dislocated it. I heard it "crack" a couple times when I was setting it straight, thought it was just popping back in the joint or whatever it does. Then I fished out the Rock tape and boom, Bob's your uncle.

The doc said basically stay off the foot as much as possible for 2 weeks and then it would start to heal. I'm surprised there wasn't much bruising and it didn't swell that much. Must have been all the icing and elevation.

I didn't have much luck shoe shopping. I did buy some heavy duty work boots, they didn't pinch, but they aren't going to work so I'm taking them back. Too heavy and my foot slips around. I think I aggravated it when I tried to slip my foot into a size too small.

Maybe something like extra wide saddle shoes would work. Sigh. Honestly, there's hardly any pain when I go around the house in my sockfeet, tootsies all taped up. I'm going to check at Walmart and see if they have those flat slippers with velcro fasteners. I think the tape is doing the main support right now anyhow.

Lanette B)
    Starting to feel queasy that I apparently reset my broken pinky toe bone! :p

I am supposed to wear stiff-soled shoes so I go around bending shoes in the store. If they bend, they are a "no".

But I have discovered that men's shoes are quite comfortable. In European sizing I wear a 39 and that carries through to men's. In Australian sizing I wear a men's 6 which is the smallest men's size or largest youth size. Discovering that expanded my footwear options. :)

M in Oz

Machka - Thanks for the tip, I'll start bending them when I shop. Men's department, here I come!

By the way, would you mind posting photos of the men's shoes with stiff soles you are getting? Just so I get an idea of what to look for ;)

Lanette B)

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Lanette,

I had to smile when I read that your diagnosis was "non-displaced toe fracture". There is no way that fracture was initially non-displaced, because it was sticking out at a 90 degree angle immediately after you stubbed it! You apparently (expertly) reduced your fracture when you straightened your toe, resulting in such good alignment that the radiologist read the film as non-displaced. You're a pro! :D

Karen in Virginia,

Karen! I know, right? Thank you!!

Since it was sticking out funny I thought I'd just dislocated it. I heard it "crack" a couple times when I was setting it straight, thought it was just popping back in the joint or whatever it does. Then I fished out the Rock tape and boom, Bob's your uncle.

The doc said basically stay off the foot as much as possible for 2 weeks and then it would start to heal. I'm surprised there wasn't much bruising and it didn't swell that much. Must have been all the icing and elevation.

I didn't have much luck shoe shopping. I did buy some heavy duty work boots, they didn't pinch, but they aren't going to work so I'm taking them back. Too heavy and my foot slips around. I think I aggravated it when I tried to slip my foot into a size too small.

Maybe something like extra wide saddle shoes would work. Sigh. Honestly, there's hardly any pain when I go around the house in my sockfeet, tootsies all taped up. I'm going to check at Walmart and see if they have those flat slippers with velcro fasteners. I think the tape is doing the main support right now anyhow.

Lanette B)
    Starting to feel queasy that I apparently reset my broken pinky toe bone! :p

I am supposed to wear stiff-soled shoes so I go around bending shoes in the store. If they bend, they are a "no".

But I have discovered that men's shoes are quite comfortable. In European sizing I wear a 39 and that carries through to men's. In Australian sizing I wear a men's 6 which is the smallest men's size or largest youth size. Discovering that expanded my footwear options. :)

M in Oz

Machka - Thanks for the tip, I'll start bending them when I shop. Men's department, here I come!

By the way, would you mind posting photos of the men's shoes with stiff soles you are getting? Just so I get an idea of what to look for ;)

Lanette B)

I wanted these ... but couldn't get them in a 39/6.

7dpg25k4q3yl.png
    https://www.rivers.com.au/Product/Detail?CategoryId=75270&ProductId=433442&Colour=black

I ended up getting these a couple weeks ago. They're actually women's! But had enough room for me.

hnlhdz5dlavk.png
    https://www.rivers.com.au/Product/Detail?CategoryId=75263&ProductId=638691&Colour=grey-lemon

I tried on a pair similar to these which I really liked, and should have got. But when I decided I did like them, they were sold out of 39/6.

n4eflcoktg5z.png

I've been wearing pairs like the two brownish ones for some time, but I'm considering the grey pair now.

zd0p0n7dipns.png
    https://www.bigw.com.au/mens-clothing-accessories/mens-shoes/mens-hiking-shoes/c/6615108

I think my next job (start in July) will be more casual and may involve some field work so my hope is that I can wear comfortable shoes!

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells! Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Annie - I am watching this and thought of you and your parents.
    https://youtu.be/3a05ISlEbrM

Tracey
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3