WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »

DITTO. I only post what the parents have already posted on FB.

RvRita

Just some additional information, not to scare you....but, Facebook, if the user has properly secured it, puts the photos behind the password and two-factor authentication. This means, not just anyone from anywhere can view all of the photos. This forum is not even password protected, let alone using two-factor authentication.

Frankly, I am completely baffled as to why MFP does not secure the forums. You have to log in to comment, but NOT to view these.

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    OMG PIP! Please tell me you didn't paint those flowers freehand. I will be SO JEALOUS. That box is just beautiful. So what amazing treasures are going in there?

Mary! Tracey! Barbara! Michele! Lanette! EVERYONE!!!
    I do TRULY LOVE MY JOB so.............. GOOD NEWS!!!

Well… I sorta went off on KellyC (poor thing) cuz she’s the one who I’ve worked with for almost a decade and she’s the one who showed me the room. Asked her if she'd talked to KellyM (principal) yet and if she'd included Sharon (my boss) because I was "not happy" and had had a terrible night last night and was already looking for a new job or retiring. YUP... I told her, then I also gave her my issues with the room and some other things, again poor thing, cuz it's not her fault. SO........ I got this email response from her!!!

"I am so sorry you felt horrible after yesterday. I talked to Kelly M. today and she forgot to tell me that the district buildings/grounds people came over on Friday and said that it could not be used as an office space even though it had previously been used that way. You will be in a new office that is being built across from where my old office was located. So in that locker bay there are going to be offices added on and that is where you will be. It isn't built yet so there is nothing to show you but that should be better. I hope that makes you feel better. She felt horrible for not connecting with me sooner, but they had to figure out plan B. Our Sped staff originally was going to have this new office but she made the change to it being for you."

THANK GOD! So it’s first floor, right down the hall from KellyC, right down the hall from the AT library where I work with her, just down the other hall from the lunchroom and bathrooms and staff center... so it will actually be just about perfect and it will be brand new!

Slept so much better last night. Thank you ALL for your words of encouragement and love and support. As I said, I really, truly do love my job. I just didn't like who I was going to be working "for" in the future, at that moment. (even though, being in her building, I wasn't ever going to be working "for" her... Sharon, Sped Director, will always be my boss... thank GOD!)

Carla........... peacefully happy again, in MN

GREAT news!!! Sounds like it will be a perfect fit.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I like your motto—“Be kind, no exceptions” is excellent. Thank you.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Going to pack up the baby quilt pieces and send them to my cousin in CA. She has volunteered to put it together and finish it for me. I love to crochet as it relaxes me but quilting involves too much math and precision and just makes me anxious so I am glad she will do this.

I go in Friday morning for an MRI of my ankle. It has not been quite as painful lately but have been staying off of it more. We switched and have been putting the horses in the pasture at night. Then my DD lets them in in the morning and they stay in during the day. That way I don't have to walk out in the paddock.

Karen - your brother's picture is beautiful and I love the colors. Does he sell his work or just paint for his own enjoyment?

Carla- glad you will have a new office.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Worked today. Bowling in a few. Went to ceramics last night.

Tracey – Denise called yesterday to make sure we got home OK. I mentioned about being there for Labor Day and she started with the “I don’t know what’s happening. It’s so far in the future”. Well, we have to call Pete for father’s day so maybe I should mention that we hope to be able to come up Labor Day weekend since we mentioned it so far in advance. I’m sure what Denise is thinking is that she’d rather go to the beach. Lucky me will only get to see PJ one day this year then. I’ve invited Pete et al to come here this summer, but I’m sure they won’t. Michaela is some artist!!!!

Rebecca – naked photos….ROTFLMAO

Lisa – hope Corey gets better fast. That is SO unlike him to call in sick

Carla – how soon do you anticipate that that building will be built? So glad you’re getting a new office

Lisa – OH NO! At least you won’t have to pay for the new crown!!!

Hi Heidi! Welcome

Vicki – I don’t know if it would cost more to add PJ to our room. I inquired about that and was told that they “couldn’t do it on their end” that we’d have to go thru Choice.com. You can be sure we’ll never stay there again! The reason he couldn’t swim? Liability! So sorry about your husband but glad that he’s OK

Sue WA – I don’t mind practically any other craft, but I absolutely HATE quilting. I don’t find it relaxing at all. I know some people do – I’m just not one of them.

Called the MD’s office about my tumor. I think I was supposed to call sooner. It looks like I should go every two years. Why they didn’t call to remind me, I don’t know. Anyway, it looks like I’ll need an MRI and their nurse has to set it up so she should be calling me back.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Carla- bravo for you.. my old boss did everything in his power to get me out of there ..and the stress of the job even though i guess there is a family history of heart issues didnt help( jerk)
    I got my perscription glasses have you seen the commercials for Pair eyeware? Where you can change the fronts to different colors? I bought those.. so so fun..and not and the prescription i didnt have them do i took to Walmart thats what cost alot more.. because there progressives.
    First day of wearing them so have to get used to them.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 48min 59sec, 75elev, 3.36ap, 91ahr, 107nhr, 6.08mi= 509c
    Strava app = 693c
    Zwift home bike trainer- Strava stats- 26.25min, 157elev, 127aw, 18.5amph, 45g, 112ahr, 126mhr, 8.14mi= 157c
    Strava app = 190c
    Zwift stats- 26.23min, 161elev, 125aw, 46arpm, 8.15mi= 190c
    Walk to store, nails then home- 18.38min, .78mi= 93c

Total cal 759
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »

DITTO. I only post what the parents have already posted on FB.

RvRita

Just some additional information, not to scare you....but, Facebook, if the user has properly secured it, puts the photos behind the password and two-factor authentication. This means, not just anyone from anywhere can view all of the photos. This forum is not even password protected, let alone using two-factor authentication.

Frankly, I am completely baffled as to why MFP does not secure the forums. You have to log in to comment, but NOT to view these.

Tina in CA

Yes and these forums and threads are very public and very easy to search using Google or other search engines.

Our Group might be slightly more private.

A lot of forums are open to view but require a login to post.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Lisa – one of the things that I want the landscaper to do is to make the incline from the street to under the power lines less steep. There is no way on this green earth that I’d cut the grass as it is now. When I had to use the tractor (when Vince had the cataract surgery) Mr. OCD kept telling me how I wasn’t cutting in a straight line. I just said “well, we’ll get it next time”. Like I could care less if the weeds under the power lines aren’t cut in a straight line!

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Sue, He sells his work occasionally. No website or anything, he's disabled with depression and can't manage anything like that.

Karen in Virginia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options