Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    True Barbie True.. I try and talk with Carmine and do things with him,but to no avail,i take him to get hair cuts and now Tracy too I pay for those.. I take him to McDonald's but every once in awhile but being holed up in your room and being nasty to any adult you come across doesnt exactly make you want to make you want to do wonderful stuff for them..
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Barbara AHMOD-complex I am checking out is called Mera Chandler. Sparrow living is the company. They have several complexes in various parts of the country. Will let you know more details when I actually see it.

Julie-good to hear from you. You are sounding like you are in a better space.

Kylia-glad you found our secret 80 mph highways southwest Ohio! Glad no damage.

Flea-gorgeous pictures. Once I relocate I want to make a trip to Oregon and Washington. Have always wanted to see them.

Kim-very well stated on insurance in U.S. Did not come across political to me at all. Our system has definite weaknesses.

Allie-good job expressing your frustration with bed. Don’t have any advice to add for Carmine’s situation-just prayers for all.

Sue and Lanette-I do hope you aren’t starting a trend with broken bone issues! Heal quickly and well.

Another standard Monday for me-nothing big to report.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Athena is a charmer. Seems like she may be taking after her grandmother. ❤️ ⭐️ 😇
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Allie - I agree with Machka about the phone. That is the lifeline for kids nowadays. I think Carmine needs love and lots of it not discipline right now. I hope they are able to find therapy fast.
    Just read all of your responses. I’ll pray he finds help soon.

Heather - what fun the Grands are, exhausting too.

Lisa - I overslept this morning and rushed to get to the office on time for a 815 zoom call with my exercise therapist. Turns out that appointment is on Friday.

Lanette - Ouch! I did that once and it seemed to take forever to heal.
    I’m glad you got an answer regarding DH.

Katla - I personal do not answer any number that is not programmed into my phone. I miss calls but call back if they leave a message. So many of my calls now are scams. I have a friend that actually just plays with them until they get mad and hang up on her. She said it has lessened her calls as she is on a blacklist with them. Lol

Vicki - I hope DH is feeling fine and jury duty is cancelled so you can enjoy your vacation. I wondered if there was anything like that in the States, we have it here. I agree it is scary to make that call but so important.

Sue - I hope your foot heals fast.

Rebecca - Athena is so sweet

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good morning all. Getting round to my update.

June 2022 Update:
    🔹May focus: Positivity
    To foster positive reinforcement, I decided to keep a daily log of what I had done each day, rather than stress about goals not achieved. It’s been quite liberating, and much more motivational.

🔹Solid Habits maintained

🔹June Focus:
    🔹Creativity
    🔹Maintenance
    Current Stats:
    • ☘️Terri, in Northern Ireland: age 76
    • 5’2”
    • Working on strength/stamina/flexibility
    • All my stats are in the normal range for my age/height.
    • Weight < 140
    • Fat% < 22.0
    • Muscle% > 31
    • CI < CO
    • Steps > 7500
    • Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily
    • Active hours > 6 daily
    Daily Habits
    Food
    🔹log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; limit NLNS!!!
    Exercise:
    🔹7,500+ Steps daily
    🔹50 + minutes intentional exercise
    Mind/Body/Soul/Spirit
    🔹Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation
    🔹Practice Self-care
    🔹Positively reframe thoughts
    🔹Learn something new
    🔹Create/adapt positive habits
    🔹15 mins Daily Declutter session

https://www.random.org/colors/hex
    Purple: #ff4968.
    569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS One or two thoughts which might give heart to some of you.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

☘️Terri
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @ginnytez thanks for the shout out. things are variable. glad to have gotten a half-chapter (or chapter, 23 pages) sent out yesterday. Hoping to hear from my corrector soon. taxes are due tomorrow. Some other material stuff to tend to. Took care of sending accounts to dentist. there was a glitch and they said they were unable to access their accounts (!!!???) so I had finally tended to that this morning. I have some big stuff to take care of in addition to the writing, and some people who say one thing then another.

Work
    The employeurs I work for are very reputable schools but regularly trying to pull one over on the employees and reduce working conditions. One has to have a lot of effort to even keep the status quo, which is very modest pay. Now they and other schools around the country are ceasing contracts and just hiring sorts of adjuncts (but worse I think) with no legal rights (no vacation, unemployment, representation) nor anything.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    MaryQueena wrote: »
    Hello all, I am new to this thread, and newly returned to mfp... over 50 years, at least 50 to lose... starting over as a newly 'on my own' woman.. Surprise! Not sure about much these days, grateful for my kids (adults all), my friends and my work.
    Side note: (and perhaps this will seem presumptuous of me to bring up..sorry) I work with young children and it is our practice not to share their photos on platforms open to the general world, as they are not old enough to give consent, have no control over how their image may be used, and have little to no capacity to even understand 'consent'. Athena is a lovely little person, but maybe I shouldn't know that..as a complete stranger...?

Welcome here ... and I agree.

As someone with education and work experience in IT, I know it doesn't take much to find out about or even find people, including children, on the internet and it's so easy to take and use photos.

These threads (all threads in MFP) are easily searchable ... not private at all.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Daily log for yesterday
    6 June:
    🔹 Wrote 2 poems for Creative Writing Group
    🔹 08.10: wake up workout (10)
    🔹 Weighed/recorded weight
    🔹 posted Sole Mates steps from yesterday
    🔹 Herbal tea/supplements
    🔹 Plan/Log food for today
    🔹 Balance macros
    🔹 breakfast
    🔹 aerobics (20)
    🔹 shower/dress
    🔹 10.30: Creative Writers Group
    🔹 13.10: lunch/clear up
    🔹 14.00: Monday Painters
    🔹 Walk (40)
    🔹 16.50: Coffee/watch TV
    🔹 18.00: dinner/clear up
    🔹 20.25: dancing (30)
    🔹 Posts JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    🔹 Posts UAC/BHHs
    🔹 Posts for WATWs/Women50+
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Agree with comments made by others but nothing different to add.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Terry Thank you for the "done" reminder. Yesterday I managed to get a few things accomplished at work, I got my kitchen cleaned, DH fed, and large price book for work updated.
    I didn't sleep well night before last, so last night I crashed. That alarm going off this morning was hateful.😞 I at least was hungry yesterday. Small meals and under calorie goal.

Allie I had to shout out that I am PROUD of you for taking a stand with the furniture company. That is the first time I remember that you have stood up and made your point decisively and quickly! High five!

Healing thoughts for those with injuries or illness.

Peaceful thoughts for those overwhelmed.

Thankful thoughts that you are all here as support for each of us.

Kylia in Ohio