WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• rosenberrypam
    rosenberrypam Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your inspiration. Here's to a great June.
    Pam in Michigan.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Morning, y'all,

Dental appointment this morning to install the permanent crown. Hopefully quick and painless, just pull the temporary, add super glue and stick on the permanent. But, I need to talk to them about the insurance payment. Delta finally ponied up about a third of what the dentist charged, but according to my online claim dashboard, the payment was sent to the dentist, instead of me.

I had to pay the entire cost before I left the office two weeks ago, and was very clear when I submitted the form that I had already paid and any reimbursement should come to me. I despise dealing with bureaucracies, but I'll go see if I can find my big girl panties and put them on before I call them. Staying on hold isn't my favorite thing, either.

Which reminds me, Kim, that was a really good description of the trainwreck that is health insurance in our country. That's not politics, it's just reality.

Allie - I really do know how scary it is for you and your family when Carmine seemingly doesn't want help or anything else. I don't have any advice except to just be there if Carmine chooses to talk. Proud of you for bowing up to the folks who were supposed to deliver your bed.

My alarm just went off to give me time to get in the shower, get dressed, and head for the dentist by 8:30 am. Gotta go!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Tried to talk to Carmine on the 5 minute ride to school..
    Told him was glad he got out with his friend and that i loved him and will always be here if he wanted to talk and he just kept saying im not listening,i dont care..shut up.. etc... ugh
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I disagree with not sharing photos of family and loved ones. Then everybody should be off of Facebook right!! Evil happens everywhere. We cannot stop living our lives and enjoying other people's lives because of people that are demented. Hopefully there is still more good in the world. 💞🙏💞

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

But you wouldn't photos of your underage grandchildren on FB, right? Or at least not without the permission of their parents!

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Machka ~ All the photos on my Facebook page are of my grandchildren and the family. I will continue to do so and know that they are enjoyed by all the people I am friends with. I am sorry that you feel so strongly about this. You certainly share many photos of yourself and hubby.

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    edited June 2022
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Machka ~ All the photos on my Facebook page are of my grandchildren and the family. I will continue to do so and know that they are enjoyed by all the people I am friends with. I am sorry that you feel so strongly about this. You certainly share many photos of yourself and hubby.

Carol in GA

We're adults, not children. :)

Not sure why your sorry that I've expressed my opinion ?? ... as with everything here you can take it or leave it.

I encourage you all to do some research on posting photos and especially photos of children ... and then make up your own minds.

How to Safely Share Photos of Your Child on Social Media

https://www.verywellfamily.com/how-to-safely-share-photos-of-your-kids-on-social-media-5191030
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I disagree with not sharing photos of family and loved ones. Then everybody should be off of Facebook right!! Evil happens everywhere. We cannot stop living our lives and enjoying other people's lives because of people that are demented. Hopefully there is still more good in the world. 💞🙏💞

But you wouldn't photos of your underage grandchildren on FB, right? Or at least not without the permission of their parents!

Of course I do!! Just like you see pictures on here all the time of our children and our grandchildren!! You say positive comments about them all the time what's up now?? I love seeing my children and grandchildren. And no evil is going to stop me from enjoying my life!! Please don't let it stop you 💞
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    My grandchildren have their own phones, tablets, tv's, and computers. They are on TikTok and all the other popular sites. I really think there would be a problem if they are sharing their lives and locations on those sites and I just have to hope that they have been taught not to do so. They are being brought up by responsible parents and monitored and they are being taught moral values through their church.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Of course I do!! Just like you see pictures on here all the time of our children and our grandchildren!! You say positive comments about them all the time what's up now?? I love seeing my children and grandchildren. And no evil is going to stop me from enjoying my life!! Please don't let it stop you 💞

Do I?

Like I said ... research it and make your own decisions.

You're the one who has to be comfortable with your decisions, not me.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump DVD today. I’m going to work tomorrow so no formal exercise. I just didn’t feel like it today. And since I’d asked for off until Thursday, I really don’t feel guilty. Whenever we’re going to get a delivery, I prep some in anticipation. I bet they didn’t so that would just have meant a lot more work for me and I just didn’t feel like it. I got caught up with the laundry, I really think we need to use the carpet cleaner on the rug that Lexi uses since we seem to have a lot of flies and I’m sure they’re attracted to the rug. I’ll probably also go to WalMart. Needed to make the salmon loaf we’re going to have tonight.

Had a nice trip. I swear, Steve had enough food for an army, literally. We did buy a sheet cake and I brought up some cookies. It was nice to put a face with a name – Steve talks about these people so much. And PJ is getting to be more and more like a little boy, not so much a baby. We took the slide to him and he REALLY enjoyed it. They bought him a bike with training wheels for his birthday, but he is really not ready for it. But he seemed to really enjoy the slide.

We stayed at a hotel and they wouldn’t let him go swimming “because he isn’t a registered guest”. Honestly, I never looked, but is that the rule for most hotels? This hotel was pretty shabby. It didn’t even have a fitness center! So I wound up walking for about 45 minutes. Each day we were at Steve’s I took a walk around his block for usually about an hour.

Honkflap, Karen, MaryQueena and anyone else I may have missed – welcome

Tracey – the “five foot rule” is “if it looks good from 5 feet away – it’s good enough”

Stopped at the ceramics place near Denise (we didn’t tell her we went there) and got 2 of the fish I’d ordered and some brushes. I really like the ones I got before so I got some more. I also ordered this (what they say) is a large pelican. Will probably pick it up Labor Day weekend.

I think Denise was glad to be able to go shopping and get her oil changed without having PJ. I have a feeling she wished we stayed longer. Well, Labor Day weekend.

Allie – I’ve had plantar warts, too. Aren’t they painful?

Annie – I, too, love ready how you are so consistent with your exercise despite everything. Maybe your mom will change her mind about the pill box. Why not get her started using it while you are there? If she’s in the habit, maybe she won’t be so opposed to using it while you’re gone. You deserve time to yourself.

Didn’t eat that good this weekend. Steve had things like fried chicken. But he did have a veggie and fruit platter. He also had assorted cheeses. That’s my ultimate weakness.

Shortly before I go shopping, like the night before, I’ll try to decide what we’ll have (at least the main) for dinner for the next week. Then I look to see what’s on sale.

Lanette – sending love

Gillian – welcome back

Heather – that cake looks scrumptious, and I’m sure it is. What a baker!

Carol – Steve says that his coming to our house is “getting Vince out of jail and being able to go to places like Five Guys and Waffle House”….lol

Gas prices: going to PA we spent over $100 on gas. Don’t even want to think what we spent going from PA to DE to NC

On the cake we got for Steve we had them write “welcome to Steve’s picnic 2022”. So we told him that this implies that he has to have one for 2023. He’s already invited us for June 3 next year!

Allie – some counseling places will let you pay on a payment plan. I agree that Carmine needs a mentor. Why couldn’t Kyle and Tracey give Carmine his phone during the day and take it at night?

Lanette _ so sorry about your toe

I love seeing pics of everyone else’s grandchildren, especially since I can’t see my own. To see how they grow up! Boy, I remember when Bea was born and other things, Athena is so adorable. Joaquin’s problems and they’re solved. Lots of other things. In one sense, I agree with Mary – we can’t stop living.

Phew! Finally caught up. Sorry for anything I may have missed.

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I agree with you, in your comment to Allie. Carmine can hear you, and they know you love them. Keep up the good work! Just relax the expectation of a miracle! You are there, that's what counts. <3
    And well done about the bed. :D

Had my hair trimmed in preparation for the cruise. We were both wearing masks, mine medical quality. And I ordered my BP meds early. I had to state why, but it's been approved. DH has booked a barber's appointment for Friday.

We have had to get the gutter man back, because there is a leak at the very front edge. He's coming on Tuesday when DH is at cricket. It's very high up, but he doesn't mind scrambling up a ladder. Most firms won't. He did a lot of work last year, but this is right at the front corner.

I'm having a tea/dinner with my friend G tomorrow. She's in Brighton for an evening conference, so we are meeting at tea time. I hope the weather holds off so we can sit outside. If not, it won't be crowded that early and we can go to an airy place.
    Don't want to jinx it now! :|

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx