B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    How wonderful Tracey!!! Hope you enjoyed your walk and dinner.
    Those are great pieces of advice. I wish they'd teach some of that IN SCHOOL!

We never have an empty fridge here either, Heather! And I am SO BLESSED (and I know it) that Freddy is my personal "chef" and he loves to cook, so he also does most of the grocery shopping too. At least once a week, he'll bring something home from a restaurant, usually just The Legion, but they have really good food, IMO.

Heading off to my youngest brother's retirement party today. Maybe that's why I'm feeling so down. He's six years younger and retired already. He's earned it, certainly. 26 years on the Minneapolis Police Department. HE'S ABSOLUTELY EARNED IT! But he's six years younger than me! So yeah... That could be part of it too. But I'm very happy and proud of him.

Thanks for all the hugs and encouragement. I'm trying, really trying to stay positive. I'll let you know on Tuesday... how the first look went.

Carla, in MN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,221 Member
    Options
    Saturday --

I did sleep, but I've still felt tired all day.

Finished a huge spreadsheet I've been working on and sent it off.

Dug in my garden and tidied a few things up. It's quite chilly here, and the ground is cold, so I was only out there about an hour. I really should be planting my bulbs but I'm not ready yet.

Rode my indoor bicycle half an hour.

Got my phone functioning again. I had blocked a lot, and unblocking is a long process.

And finished a picture I've been colouring.

I also looked through my emails and see I've got some I need to deal with. That'll be tomorrow.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,738 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    DH & I are enjoying our view of the Columbia River. This morning we have been watching a large tug slowly pushing a barge up river toward the Portland docks. We are also enjoying watching fishermen, ducks, osprey and other birds. 😊
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options

I did NOTHING yesterday except sit on the couch and watch crap TV. Between the soreness from the day before and the barometric headache, I was just whiny and cranky.

Hope everyone has a grand weekend!

Love,
    Lisa in AR

I must have the same problem. We actually had thunderstorms and a little rain 2 days in a row. The weather change must be working on my mood/headache/lethargy.

RvRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Heather - I’m happy to read your family is all safe at home. You will rest easy tonight.

Machka - sometimes it’s the little things that cause the dam to break. In fairness though, a lost phone is a huge deal nowadays.

It’s now 2 weeks after the first year. I just heard this week though that if you have some in your vacation bank employers must allow it to be used. I don’t know if that is true or not.
    I need to look into it.
    Is there an end in sight with all of the legal stuff. I assume it’s all to do with your husband’s accident and him being compensated properly.

Kylia - how many vehicles do you have?

Michele - I use a Duncan brand acrylic sealer.
    What do you mean about the “five foot rule”?

Rebecca - you need a nice wood stove. They always make me feel “warm to the bone” without the risk of skin cancer. I wouldn’t have it as an only source of heat though.

Vicki - I hope you get to enjoy your vacation and not use it for jury duty.

Lisa - sometimes we just need a lazy day. I enjoy them from time to time.

Debbie - I have the grands tomorrow, maybe I should take them to some garage sales. They love them.

Tina - Last week a coworkers other half who hasn’t been sleeping well and was complaining about aches and pains in his feet finally went to the doctor, after she threatened to leave him. He was seen two days later by a cardiologist as the doctor was very concerned about his heart. They are working now to try to get him healthy again. It might be worth a visit to be on the safe side.

The local radio station is
    giving local graduates “tips for being an adult that you aren’t taught in school”.
    Tonight’s drive home host told the graduates that there will be days that you work 8-12-16 hours and you go home to an empty fridge, it reminds you that someone has to fill that fridge and since you are the adult it’s you.
    He went onto say that you never, not one day not say “I don’t know what to have for supper”, you’ll have that decision to make everyday over and over again.
    I came home and told Rodger about it and he immediately asked me what we were doing for supper. I said I didn’t know that I was going to ask him. He suggested we go out to a restaurant. He never suggests this, so I jumped at the chance. He asked me where I wanted to go and I told him about a hotel restaurant that one of the women at work was talking about. He said, oh we can walk there. I almost fell over. I just loved that!

Today was my Brother and SIL 22nd anniversary. They have been together for 31 years though. Tomorrow would be my parents 56 anniversary. I never know how to word that since Dad passed.
    h07fmnkaqlp5.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton

Its not really that I am cold here in the house, its just that I miss lying in the sun like a fat gecko lizard.😁
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,828 Member
    Options
    Well Im beat. Took me 4 hrs and one of those little L allen wrenches but got my bed apart and hauled it out to the living room..vacuumed under and put the box spring and mattress back down ,will make up the bed later.. did a load of laundry too.
    I am treating myself to a iced sugar free chai latte with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and boy its hitting the spot...oh and I downed a couple of tylenol because I know i wont be able to move later on lol.
  • 1948CWB
    Options
    Katla ~ I love the idea of seeing all the river activity from your window. It must be a wonderful thing to see each day.

Tracey ~ Your gnome is really cute.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,738 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    Options
    Lanette ~ Sending love and best wishes as you sort through all this!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,828 Member
    Options
    Hee Haw ,i remember watching that.. some of those old shows were funny..
    I took a shower and am in pajamas andnam in bed. I know its early at least here,5 pm but think im going to take my pills and go to sleep..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,123 Member
    Options
    Well I was planning on being away overnight in August so I bought a pill box divided into days for my mom to use while I'm gone. But when I told her, she said she doesn't need any help so she doesn't need the pill box. This is the same woman who told the nurse she doesn't need any help with laundry, cooking or shopping. She is delusional. But if she won't use the pill box, I shouldn't leave her alone. So frustrating. And maybe she would be okay, but maybe she wouldn't.

Annie in Delaware