cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous coastline, Fi. Very inspiring.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 38min 49sec, dusting, vacuum, sweep front patio and entryway, water plants, clean out and refill front fountain, spot clean couch = 960c
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Having a fabulous time at the coast this weekend. The family went to the Tillamook cheese factory, and the dog and I are resting in the car. Some pictures of our walking/hiking adventures.

we love going to the cheese factory up there. DH and his friend that always goes on all our vacations with us REALLY love the jerky factory next door to it- We found that by accident one trip(drove past the driveway to the cheese factory). Now we go there first and the guys go a bit crazy. DH now orders from them online beings we haven't done the road trip up there the past few years. Talking about doing it again soon.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara — I am delighted to hear that your hummingbird friend has visited your bird feeder this morning. A hummingbird stopped by my feeder, too. 😘
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Felicity— Which beach did you visit? The Haystack Rock was spectacular. ❤️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Afternoon again my friends..
    Did some more picking up ,i find if i do a little at a time I get more done..
    It is stunning outside ,but i didnt go out at all.I dont know why if i dont have friends to do things with I just sort of stay in.. well at least it saves on gas..
    I do have my windows open and listen to the birds and have a hummingbird feeder on my window that I am so enjoying..
    Thank goodness I have Alfie or I dont know what I would do.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Thanks for your kind words. The problem is that while my mom knows she has a memory problem, she doesn't see how that creates a risk with her pills. Dad is useless for this, because he would ask Mom what to do, and she would just do it herself. Same with anyone else who tried to help.
    I get up early in the morning and put her pills in a little cup. Then when she gets up, she takes them and crosses off that she has taken them while I watch. That way I know she gets the correct pills.

But if she gets up too early, she will pour them without me, and she can't tell me how many she took, or which ones. They are for blood pressure and blood thinners, so there is a high risk of stroke or a fall if she gets them wrong. The doctors have encouraged me to supervise her pills.

She is scheduled for a memory evaluation in July that will get a diagnosis and hook me up with local services. But I can't see someone showing up at seven to wait for her to get up, not can I see her agreeing to get up at a specific time. And it will be a struggle to get her to go to this appointment.

Even if she agrees to use the pill box, I would have to hide the rest of the medicine to be sure she doesn't forget and bypass it. Her short term memory is very unreliable.

Anyway the pill box I got online is not easy to open. So I have to keep thinking. I can call and remind her to take the pills, but that won't help if she can't remember whether she has taken them or not.

So it comes down to whether I am willing to risk her making a mistake in order to go on this trip in August. But I'm still thinking.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Annie in Delaware

Keep pills in a lockbox in the kitchen. Just tell her you are her "Pill Queen" and that's that. No having her fill the container, she just takes what you give her. End of story. Just like she has the job of taking them, you have your job of giving them to her correctly. I know she's independently stubborn, but you have youth on your side!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Absolutely! And you're roles have changed. Don't act like her daughter ... act like her nurse/ caregiver.

The pill safe is a great idea.

Plus get Webster packs for all of you to use together. Both my husband and I use them.

And you might be surprised what Carer's will do. You've got time on your hands ... look into what's available.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Felicity— Which beach did you visit? The Haystack Rock was spectacular. ❤️

Those pictures are from Cape Kiwanda in Pacific City. My son loves to go there and climb the dunes. I really didn't think I would be able to do it, and told him so, but I made it. The view is worth it, but it is a tough climb.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Allie our church has family counseling maybe that could be an option.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ladies!
    Had a good time at DGD's grad party. I feel badly for her and her family though. As best I could tell only two of her classmates even showed up, and one was her best friend. Most of the people there were family and a few of the parents' friends. For that they could have saved lots of money by just having it at our house. It was nice though. I will post a couple pics tomorrow when on my computer.

Came home a relaxed for a few, then joined friends at the Dairy shed. It was great just to sit and chat with a couple of the wives. We get along really well. I didn't have ice cream as I wasn't hungry (still full from lunch). Wouldnt you know that I got hungry when we got home. So the cupcakes and last cinnamon roll are sitting on the counter....(I always say make the best choices)....I opted for yogurt with black cherries and granola. Yea me!

Bedtime

Kylia sleepy in Ohio
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    For play I
    ⁃ listen to music
    ⁃ Cleaning is play for me, because I usually change things up as I go
    ⁃ I craft
    ⁃ I steal the Grands
    ⁃ I paint
    This summer I have a few project

Heather - I don’t want to give up quality of life to live longer either. It’s a very unpopular opinion in my family.

Wonderful photos, you look so happy when you all gather.
    Cold food is a pet peeve of mine. I grew up eating too many cold meals.

Machka - Gas is 1.77 here in Leduc, in the city it’s 1.82 in some places.

My friend who was diagnosed with heart failure a couple of weeks ago is getting her affairs in order for her children. She is 56. Her mother died in a car accident at age 49 and she remembers how difficult it was. She doesn’t want her kids to suffer like she did.

Kylia - so happy no one was injured, and no damage? That’s awesome!

I don’t know what I would do if I retired. I could keep busy but I don’t have the funds to go with it at all. If I had my life to do over, I would have stayed in school and had a career that had a solid pension plan and a high income. Money isn’t everything but when you can’t do a lot without worry it’s seems like it is.

I think we are in the same boat with food right now. I don’t care if I eat or not and I certainly don’t want to be bothered cooking it. What a chore living is. 😂

Lisa - I’m feeling better today as long as I don’t sit for long at a time. I don’t send food back at a restaurant either unless it’s something I specifically requested a certain way. If I’m trying something (which is rare) it’s not their fault I don’t like it.

Annie - you are in a difficult situation. My brother had to lock my mom’s medicine away from her very early on in her Alzheimer’s journey. She was taking too much insulin or not enough. She went into a coma at one point. Mom was angry, but alive. It’s not something to play around with for sure. It’s probably why the doctor needs you to supervise.

Allie - I think Carmine is going through some big changes. You are right to worry. Is there any peer groups in the area in the LGBTQ community? My daughter has many friends that suffered terribly because their parents weren’t 100% supportive.
    One of those friends has been a part of her life since they were 11. He has never been able to tell his parents he is gay. He lived with a girl, platonically, for many years to hide it. Yesterday he eloped, he made it sound very romantic, but they chose not to have a big day so his parents didn’t find out. It is very difficult for him to accept that they won’t accept.
    Maybe Tracy and Kyle need to do some research to understand too.

I had a fairly quiet day. Did some cleaning and resting after taking the kids home. I have just started watching First Lady on Crave.

Tracey in Edmonton

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    So wonderful when your dog gets up barks and gets you up to move the furniture you have in your living room at 12:30 in the morning ( bed headboard i took apart) and its heavy so he can look outside and then runs back to bed.. and guess who is asleep and who is awake ?