WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    That was kinda, sorta the plan until the bottom fell out of the economy, Barbara. My director won't go up against our union for me, unfortunately. And we've lost a ridiculous amount of our retirement in the last year, so one or both of us have to continue to work and I hold the insurance, always have. THAT'S the huge issue. And it's really good insurance. So now it's wait and see what happens. Heading into the building next week to see what the office looks like and ........ who knows. Maybe it will be perfect and I'll feel better about it. I'm really, really trying to think positive.

HAPPY FRIDAY!
    Carla, in MN
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    I did my yoga and my fast marching video. Yay! And dumbbells last night Yay!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,469 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD, Awe Sea &Ski was good too..😁👍. Once when I and my classmates were on a field trip to Ka-Nee-Tah, I saw a lady lying by the pool, putting pats of butter on her tanned skin. It was an odd scent in the sun for certain!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,469 Member
    Options
    Michele, oh man allergic to coconut??? I cover myself with the stuff, up my nose, in my eyeballs, my body just drinks it up!
    My body is so pale now though, which its probably thanking me if it could. For a time when we were in CA I was just a brown berry. I would also frequent the tanning salons on the off months. I did like the tanning beds although they were deemed unsafe. Its just the warm to my bones feeling I miss, not the "lets have skin cancer" part.
    Well it sure doesn't look like I'll be playing tennis this weekend, rain, rain! But things could improve for the better.
    Not buying as much items at the grocery today, as most weeks, today. Going to just eat up what I have so far. I will be taking a train on 16th to 21st to middle son's family, then 21st to 28th be at my eldest sisters homestead. Just taking a bus back home. Its longer, but there isn't a train from Salem OR to Seattle WA. I'd have to switch trains and wait in Portland, OR. Plus there's the bus from Seattle WA to MT Vernon WA. Too many schedule segments! So taking a bit s from Salem to Seattle, then probably an hrs wait, then continue on to Mt Vernon. Easy peasy.
    Went to the post office yesterday and spent $53 shipping a box to youngest sailor son overseas, and 2 boxes to my Gresham Historical Society. Sending them my years and a vinyl record of my All State choir.
    Its a donation, and as much is online I will just make copies of all my photos I was in.
    Sipping coffee before the commissary.💖👍
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have a cloudy sky and light rain. Staying home seems like a good idea today. We bought groceries yesterday and don’t have to go anywhere. 😊
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hello Pat and other new folks I've missed! Glad you're here...

Don't feel you have to reply to all who post here, it's a fast-moving thread. The average is about 20 to 30 posts per day, but feel free to jump into whatever conversation interests you or put a question out there and you will get lots of answers, or reminders as the case may be.

Heather, so glad they're home and safe.

Vicki,
    well done on the gym workouts!

I did NOTHING yesterday except sit on the couch and watch crap TV. Between the soreness from the day before and the barometric headache, I was just whiny and cranky.

Today, though, I'm down to the studs on two walls of the shop I'm working on. The big crowbar does wonders, since most of the stuff they used was nailed up, so I can just lever them off the wall. Need to get back to my demolishment now that I've eaten lunch and put in a delivery order from Walmart... :smiley:

Hope everyone has a grand weekend!

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I

dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Found I need to put net up around my blackberry plant out front. The mockingbirds ate the three that were just about ripe- There are a lot on that plant but I want them for me, not for the birds- First ones of the season and the birds got them.

Blackberries are weeds here. I like them so I don't pull them out, but my husband does. They would be absolutely everywhere if we did leave them.

dlfk202000 wrote: »
    started my day off by going to a lady who is doing a plant sale on Saturday but got to go today- did something I very rarely ever do, I actually spent money on something for me. I bought a bunch of different plants. A few I have been looking for but didn't even think I could get them locally.

Good for you!!

Machka in Oz

These are not wild blackberries that grow like weeds here too. They are thornless ones that my dad started for me. They are so much easier to pick when you don't get torn up while picking. I was glad to see that at least on of the 100ft rows he planted at home survived. Mom forgot to water them most of last summer so they didn't do much, not even enough to have be pruned at all. The second row which never was as good as the first only has a few plants now. That is fine- we dont need that many berries.
    My raspberries are growing like weeds here- taking over part of the front yard, even coming up in the middle of the lawn.

Thanks- it felt good to just have a day about me- that rarely happens. Will work on doing it a little more often

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Asthma had me up and on the nebulizer at 6:30AM after getting to sleep a little after 1:30AM, I did go back to sleep for another hour or so. Feeling very congested again today(was better yesterday- hoping more hot tea and another treatment will help.

Planning on checking out the neighborhood garage sales tomorrow with dh- nice that he wants to spend the day with me(instead of going out with his friend like he has been doing a lot lately)- Looking for a few things for my new succulent corner.

Should work on the catio- planned on that last weekend but I was sick and he was too tired so no work got done on the addition. If we are going to do it, has to be tomorrow- rain coming on Sunday. Not a lot of rain, if we get it , but we will have to wait and see.

No zumba on Monday as our teacher will be camping at Bodega Bay so some in the class are meeting up and walking the wetland trails- I have seen it(I park at the edge of it every day to pick my daycare girl up from school) but have never walked down to the Napa river on it. I have wanted to- asked dh a few times if he wanted to go- never happened. If it is really nice, I will try again to get him to go.

Time to finish my tea and get a few dishes done before getting the girl from school. Only 1 1/2 weeks left of school for her. Then I will have her full days but won't have to drive over and get her.

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Katla49
    Options
    We’re having a quiet morning and enjoying it so far. I had the pleasure of seeing a hummingbird at our feeder. <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Good day Ladies.

Well, I haven't slept more than an hour a night for about a week now. I honestly don't know how I can function. I've tried different things and nothing is working. I was going to go to a play tonight, but am worried I'll fall asleep.

We are having a houseguest tomorrow. You all know what that means???? The house is getting cleaned today!

Here's a question for you all. In the morning when I step on the floor, my feet already feel like I've been standing or walking on them for 10 miles. They are fine when I exercise, but if I sit for any length of time, they "burn" again. Do any of you know what that might be and what type of doctor I should see? I thought podiatrist, but I'm not really sure it's a foot thing.

Well, the toilet isn't going to clean itself, though I really wish it would. Off I go.

Tina in CA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Tina ~ It sounds like a circulatory problem in my opinion.

HonkFlap and Pat ~ Welcome

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I saw a feral cat catch and kill a bird. Any advice about feral cats?