What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    8v5chybfsmus.jpeg
    Work from home means breakfast for lunch
  • DiscoveringLisa
    DiscoveringLisa Posts: 112 Member
    Saturday morning brunch has become the regular Mexican eggs and sourdough with avocado 🥑1pbxa5s64xgl.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Another easy weeknight meal. Minced beef bulgogi bowl with daikon namul and edamame beans. The daikon would have looked better finely julienned as called for by the recipe but spiralizing is quicker. The minced beef bulgogi is one of the most forgiving dishes I know, it doesn't mind being kept warm for a while or being reheated if timing is a struggle.
    125k6ol7ii5m.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    xuxgkt7fjgte.jpeg
    Super simple cherry tomato pasta and a simple side salad.
  • acpgee
    Dinner had to be easy, as I caught a cold and was not feeling well. Salad with roasted grapes and stilton croutons followed by linguine with pesto. The stilton butter for the croutons and the pesto were bits pulled out of the freezer.
    i1gih5zn127v.jpeg
    bspd2fniyxep.jpeg

• janicemlove
    glrrjkzu2q58.jpg
    Was planning on actually cooking tonight but feel a migraine starting so keeping it simple, just doctored up a cup of noodles instant ramen.
  • acpgee
    I did an experiment a while back with cheap tough Silverside roasts (aka eye of round in the US). I sealed them individually in ziplocks and sous vide the lot for around 12 hours at 57C and tossed them in the freezer afterwards. I pulled one out today and roasted hasselback potatoes with root veg in the air fryer, tossing in a defrosted, dried off Silverside for the last 15 minutes at the highest temperature to brown and sear. Sauteed some spinach and mixed up some yoghurt/mayo/horseradish while everything was roasting in the air fryer. The method did render the Silverside tender but I don't trust this meat supplier because the texture was a bit grainy (liverish) which is a symptom of chemical tenderization. Suggestions welcome on what to do with leftover roast beef. My normal use is pho.1syvvc1el4uc.jpg

• janicemlove
    2hrgarfrs8t9.jpg
    Favorites: green beans w garlic chili oil, fettuccine Alfredo, tofu.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Bratwurst, black beans and sautéed cabbage with onions. The brat was made at a new to me local butcher.

o607ns9u2x6h.jpeg
  • acpgee
    I made an english summer pudding for a weekend dinner party before our household tested positive for covid. I guess we will have to eat this ourselves. Sophie Grigson's recipe can be made in 15 minutes flat, though it does need a few hours to chill.
    dn4cicrnyn48.jpg