So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Viktor, I’d like the smoked brisket, potato salad, coleslaw, and cornbread, please. I’m going to join Zzyyggy out on the patio for Sunset Dessert. I’m going to have double chocolate grasshopper pie and an iced mocha.

Zzyyggy! I see ReenieHJ ordered more guacamole and chips. Mm, so good. I remember snow for Christmas—just not in Charlotte. When I was a kid we had the best hills for snow sledding. (I didn’t grow up in the South!) We all wanted to sled down the one hill and see if we could make it to the entrance of the beach, but our Moms would have grounded us until we were 30 if we crossed the main lake road.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I guess I'm going to have to check out Betty's site. That cake sounds good. :)
    In fact, maybe Viktor can serve it up tonight with a big scoop of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

It's June. Why are we talking about snow and winter in June?? :) Do you remember how big the snow banks were back then? I used to carve caves out of them. It was a lot of fun. Back when I was a kid and liked winter more. ;)
  • NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm back. Sorry I went MIA - DH went back to the ER for his swollen leg on Friday. He went home the same day. I spent all weekend taking care of him plus chores.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 974 Member
    Hi everyone, Lindak my mom was like that too if we crossed the main road out of the neighborhood. It was a busy street though.

Reneeihj: I remember those kinds of snowbanks. We use to carve the snowbanks too. I don't think kids are allowed to do that now.

Navycurls: I hope your husband gets better.

For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bucket of KFC with those mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits with lots of butter, corn on the cob, and an icy cold coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’d like the wild stuffed salmon, rice pilaf, coleslaw, and hush puppies, and iced tea to drink, please. I might have a biscuit or two, also. Pass the butter, please, Zzyyggy. @NavyCurls! We missed you. Sorry you and your husband had an awful weekend. I hope your husband recovers quickly and things get back to normal soon. Since you didn’t order anything I’m presuming you’ll join us for dinner and Sunset Dessert. I’ll gladly share and I have lots of M&M’s. Looks like there’s cake and ice cream on the way and I’m thinking some chocolate covered caramels and a glass of wine would be lovely.

@ReenieHJ , we’re talking about snow because I was comparing the length of Vermont’s winter to the length of Charlotte’s summer. And, since we’re having a heat wave and it’s feels like August right now, I’m dreaming of snow. We seldom have temperatures over 95 degrees, however this week every day the temperature will be over 95 degrees. 😩 Plus the dew point has been over 70 degrees, which is uncomfortable. I’ve been binge watching those YouTube channels where you can watch it rain or snow and hear the wind blow. Very calming.

• NavyCurls
    Thanks, girls. I'm glad for the support. DH went to work today, so we'll see how it goes.

The weather has been weird out here in LA. It was mid-90s over the weekend and high-80s yesterday at home. At work, it was in the mid-70s most of the day and was overcast. Typical CA weather. I'm expecting an earthquake any day now.

Viktor - a bagel with cream cheese, mixed fruit, and OJ, please. For lunch, teriyaki chicken, steamed veggies, and white rice. For dinner, Vince's spaghetti, garlic bread, and a side salad with ranch dressing. For dessert, whatever the girls are having. :smiley:
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, a picture perfect day here in the real world. Just the right amount of sun and clouds, and a nice cool breeze. For dinner tonight I'll have the turkey platter with stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean cassarole, gravy, turkey and dinner rolls. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm pooped tonight so I may miss sunset dessert.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, you can’t miss Sunset Dessert! Quite literally you can’t because we can have Sunset Dessert anytime we want at the cybercafe. Isn’t that great? In fact , there’s a lovely sunset out there right now.

Viktor, the turkey dinner sounds wonderful—I’ll have that and pumpkin chiffon pie with vanilla ice cream for Sunset Dessert for me, please. Oh, Viktor, pitchers of our favorite drinks? Wonderful. Here, Zzyyggy, more iced mochas for you. I’ve got iced tea. I think this peanut butter shake is for ReenieHJ. The other pitcher is for NavyCurls. Oh look, Viktor brought out a tray of mini pastries for us to enjoy for Sunset Dessert (and later this evening). Is there such a thing as second dessert?

@NavyCurls — No talk of earthquakes, please. I have family in San Francisco. I’m thinking California should be an earthquake free zone! Wishful thinking? Hey, we had thunderstorms this morning, or more accurately, we had thunderstorms all around us and 0.05 inches of rain. The rain brought the temperatures down and we had a nice cool day at 88 degrees instead of 100 degrees. Yeah! Of course, the dew point is 73 degrees making it feel like 94 degrees—not really cool at all.
  • NavyCurls
    edited June 2022
    @LindaK125 Most of the time, earthquakes are just a big roller coaster. I only say that because I grew up here, and they aren't anything big for me. But, I love thunderstorms. We hardly ever get them out here. Scoot over - I'm moving out by you.

I love a good turkey dinner. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup will hit the spot!!! The pitcher is full of sparkling cider.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I knew I smelled peanut butter as I was coming through the door! Thank you for thinking of me, looks like I'm right in time!
    And a tray of mini pastries sounds wonderful......I have such a sweet tooth. Good thing it's only fantasy café here. :/

Picture perfect day here today. Loved every minute of it, hiking in our town forest. :)

Have a good night everybody!
  • LindaK125
    @NavyCurls, my sister was living in the San Francisco area in 1989 when a 6.9 magnitude earthquake occurred—a bit more than a big roller coaster, but I have been there for small tremors. My concern right now is that my 93 year old mom and my sister’s family stay safe. Totally selfish on my part! Also, you can come visit us anytime, but I would suggest spring or fall. The humidity in the summer can be brutal. Or you can always head to the mountains or the shore in the summer, not necessarily less humid, but usually cooler than where I live. It’s going to be 94 degrees today. Why didn’t we move to Grandfather Mountain where my mom is from? It’s going to be 81 degrees there today. Then again, we would be almost 3 hours away from our son and his family, instead of 3 minutes away and I would hate that!

I’m heading out to the patio where there’s a nice little sun shower going on. Once the rain is over I’ll sit back in my recliner and enjoy my iced coffee and start a new book. Francois made some scones this morning. Hopefully, there’s some lemon ginger scones and sweet marmalade scones. Yes, for those who are peanut butter obsessed, Francois made his special chocolate chip peanut butter scones.
  • NavyCurls
    @LindaK125 - I can totally understand the concern for your mother. California isn't for everyone. I'll gladly move to the mountains.

I'll meet you on the patio. Viktor - a breakfast burrito, mixed fruit, and OJ, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, another perfect day here in the real world. Although right now its very humid out now. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the lasagna with garlic bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some strawberry short cake with lots of whipped cream and an ice mocha. Had the real iced mocha this morning at Starbucks and it was pretty good. Then went grocery shopping
  • LindaK125
    @NavyCurls, my sister and her family love California! I’m the one who’s neurotic about earthquakes. My mom moved to California last August from Florida to a senior living complex near my sister. My mom is in the early stages of Alzheimer’s. We tease my sister that she gets to take charge of Mom because that’s what happens when you’re Mom’s favorite. Really though, it just happens to be the best solution and Mom is happy there. She says she misses Florida and while she thinks she could have stayed where she was longer, that wasn’t possible.

Zzyyggy, at the moment I’d trade today’s temperature and humidity. It’s still 87 degrees at 8:00 pm and the humidity is at 67%, the dew point is 73.The last couple of mornings it’s been so humid the windows have been dripping with condensation on the outside. This morning at 6:30 the humidity was 97%. Yuk. It’s too early in the summer for this kind of heat and humidity. I was hoping for another three weeks of temperatures in the 80’s.

I definitely need chocolate. Maybe a Dairy Queen Blizzard made with chocolate ice cream and M&M’s. Viktor will put a nice swirl of chocolate fudge sauce in it for me.
  • NavyCurls
    @LindaK125 - both my husband and I want out of California. Mainly, we want out of LA. While we both have grown up here and have family here (his family is up in Northern California, and mine is in Southern), this is all we know, and would like to experience something different. We went to Texas back in 2020 (before the airports had their restrictions) and loved it.

@Zzyyggy - the lasagna and garlic bread sound good. I'll think I'll have some for dinner tonight as well. Viktor already knows how I like it.

Yesterday was 96 degrees out at the house and was disgusting!!!
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, another gorgeous day here in the real world but with a lot more humidity in the afternoon. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the grilled hotdogs and hamburgers with potato salad, chips, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some devil's food cup cakes with chocolate frosting, and an iced mocha. I think I'll sit out on the terrace and enjoy the sunset tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, it sounds like a picnic, plus there’s lasagna! I’m up for it. Viktor will be bringing more drinks momentarily. I definitely need a picnic tonight. We’re in the middle of a severe thunderstorm (yes, actual rain, thank goodness). I’m trying to get dinner ready and hoping we don’t lose power. There’s a whole lot of lightening with this storm. I figure as long as the transformer doesn’t get hit, we’re okay. That happened once when we first moved here.

Pass the hamburgers, please. I’ll make mine into a cheeseburger. There’s pickles, onion, tomato, lettuce, mayo, catsup, mustard—am I missing anything? I bet my cheeseburger would be yummy on garlic bread. Zzyyggy, Sunset Dessert sounds good.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everybody, We've got clouds today but no rain. We need the rain too. For dinner tonight I'm going to have an old fashioned clam bake with clams, potatoes, and corn on the cob. Lots of butter with everything, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of that chocolate peanut butter poke cake Betty had on her email either yestarday or today. I was an email behind, and an iced mocha. Yestarday's pic nic was fun lets have another one, and a good ole bonfire with s'mores.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, our clambake was delicious! I need another marshmallow. I’m making a chocolate mint s’mores with Andes mints. 😋 Sweetie says he wants a chocolate espresso sundae tonight. Viktor made sure Sweetie has a nice comfy recliner not too close to the fire and Useless has decided to sit on Sweetie’s lap because that cat knows he’ll get a lick or two of ice cream.
  • LindaK125
    Bought some cherries the other day and they were so good. Francois will be making his cherry pies with fresh cherries. This morning he made a crumb coffee cake with fresh cherry filling. I’ve got me a big piece and my favorite Peet’s Cafe Domingo and Useless and I are watching the sunrise over the cybercafe’s orchards. I’m thinking a little nap might be nice.