Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    @ahoy_m8 I actually think Oklahoma is kind of dark! I saw it a year or two ago and with fresh eyes. Laurey is being stalked by Judd, Curley tells him he should just go and kill himself, Ali Hakim rips people off and Ado Annie is a slutty girl with daddy issues. I think they had to sugar coat the whole musical to get it produced, but wow, a lot more going on than meets the eye. Music is great though!
  • Womona
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Your all so inspiring, so here I go, day 1
    Yay! Welcome!
  • Womona
    Hello friends! Had a totally fun day with Dawn, who was our tour guide for the day. Amazing! So cool she showed us her skating rink! We then traveled to Lake Louise and did the Lake Agnes hike in snow and lots of ice and a bit of mud. Worth it and the views insane! Now having a lovely time in Jasper, Alberta. Checked off Sunwapta Falls and Maligne Canyon. This is one chill place. Saw 5 bears so far, all pretty small in size. This evening is Pyramid Lake hike. Tomorrow hoping we can buy some crampons and head up to Edith Cavell Meadows for a nice hike.
    Doing ok considering vacation. Rule is to stick to buying the piccolo size wines. We are following a paleo style diet of Alberta steak and salad (lettuce is so pricey). Goal is no chips, cheese, chocolate or regular size wine bottles. And keep busy enjoying nature!

OMG sounds like an amazing trip!!!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    Howdy all

Quick check in.

5 standard drinks this month( NO, not all on the same day🤪)

I poured one Sunday at dinner time, took a small sip and tossed it down the drain. That was weird. I "thought" that is what I wanted. But the taste was not working for me. It was food I was craving, not alcohol.

Closing of the house is two weeks away 🤯. This has been the craziest 5 weeks of my life with this house selling before it went "live" through a real-estate agency.

Thank goodness we took our vacation to Las Vegas when we did!

Love reading all your posts.

(p.s.had to finally give up (shred) all of my calenders that I kept fitness and drink tallys on since 2018. Paper shredders are a marvelous thing)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Womona wrote: »
    @ahoy_m8 I actually think Oklahoma is kind of dark! I saw it a year or two ago and with fresh eyes. Laurey is being stalked by Judd, Curley tells him he should just go and kill himself, Ali Hakim rips people off and Ado Annie is a slutty girl with daddy issues. I think they had to sugar coat the whole musical to get it produced, but wow, a lot more going on than meets the eye. Music is great though!

All very good points! You are absolutely right that it started with dark roots. The one light note in this production was a very large black trans woman was cast as Ado Annie -- the only person of color in the cast. She towered over all the other actors.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    @annliz23

Glad that you are joining us : - )
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy - Is your work schedule this next week with the festival going on ... allow you to enjoy the daily Zumba class? That sounds like fun! And the parade going right by your house is perfect!
    Do you have any college renters this summer or will they return in the fall?
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy , I saw my first grizzly yesterday and that was a km from our condo! Look forward to meeting up next week for sure!

My diet was terrible last night, had a chocolate bar and almost a full bottle of wine. The condo owners left it for us and I arrived tired and hungry after a long day of driving in the dreary cold rain.

Plans for today is AF, wait for a bit of sun, and explore the area.

• dawnbgethealthy
    @globalhiker

Hoping that you can post some photos here for us of your adventures!

A Grizzly! OMG!! Can you run faster than your DH?? Lol.

Wishing you better weather, this weather is not normal at all for this time of year.
    It has been sunny here for the last couple of days, but looks like it is might start raining again starting Sunday : - (

Looking forward to seeing you on Monday : - )

• dawnbgethealthy
    I'm Dawn
    I joined this thread in November 2018. I had my first AF day soon thereafter. It was hard! I stayed with one AF day per week for awhile and then gradually increased that.

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month. So trying to keep it to 3A days per week or less.
    I am drinking less for weight loss. 20 more pounds to shed still.

Diary Style

Saturday June 11 - 2 drinks. As usual, drinks inflate my scale, so it is time to rack up some AF days for sure.
    Sunday June 12 - AF - I had an AF beer after working hard all day outside. I "needed" something, glad that I resisted a Daiquiri. Going to try to remain AF until Saturday. We have our big 4 day Festival coming up, which includes Zumba in the park every day starting Thursday, so I want to feel fresh. The parade goes right by my house Saturday morning, and that usually includes coffee and baileys with friends as we watch it.
    Monday June 13 - AF - Kind of jelly of those who can easily say (and do) Mon-Thurs AF. However, I have lost 1 pound over the past 2 AF days, so I need to keep that in my mind.
    Tuesday June 14 - 2 drinks - Yep, didn't make it until Saturday. I worked very early and very late Monday and Tuesday to try and free myself up for later in the week. It was raining anyway, so I figured that I might as well bang out as many jobs as I could. It was late when I got home, I didn't even think about being AF, the cocktails went down so nice. I didn't even have dinner I was so tired.
    Wednesday June 15 - AF - Felt like having drinks after working in the yard after work, but I seem to feel like having drinks every day. Some days I have more willpower than others. Some days I have motivation because of what I have going on the following day. Whatever it takes I suppose. Zumba in the park for Thursday and Friday after work, so I want to be bright and energetic.

Rolling total: 9AF days out of 15 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy - The festival sounds like a number of really interesting experiences! Would love to hang out with you and play!!! So much to consider and hard to choose what to do with many fun options! Have fun!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy - The festival sounds like a number of really interesting experiences! Would love to hang out with you and play!!! So much to consider and hard to choose what to do with many fun options! Have fun!!!

Really not too bad of a flight from Houston : - )
    You are going to be busy with babies, but maybe one year you will make it up here : - )