WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good morning, all. My back is still cranky, so I have sent DH off on his own to do the weekly shopping.

Yesterday we went round the local nurseries to see what plants are available. We bought a couple of dozen summer container plants. We’ve raised a lot of our own this year, and will be putting tomatoes and courgette in some of the planters.

Today the weather is lovely, and calm, so I will do some gentle gardening later.

Rebecca: 🎂 Happy Birthday 🎈🎉🎈

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Happiest of Birthdays Rebecca xoxo
    Morning watching Miles and taking Carmine to school..
    Tomorrow is Tracy and Kyles 4th Wedding Anniversary and Carmines 8th grade graduation.. today is a field trip to brownstone park for swimming and he wont go,because he has breasts he will not be seen going swimming.. and wears baggy clothes to cover up.
    So will stay at the school.
    Got in trouble for staying home yesterday.. but if he tries it on me today they take the guitar away and thats all he has.. so better shape up and get rid of the attitude.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday!

Happy birthday, Rebecca!

Good to see you Barbara. I feel you.

My anxiety/depression was awful yesterday. Some Customers are so hard to deal with! (Which didn't help) My DH doesn't understand. Went to bed at 8. Slept most of night.

Heat wave continues. I dont mind the heat, but it makes so many people jerks.

Healing thoughts to all!

Kylia in Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    https://rustictrails.co.uk/guided-activity-holidays/wine-tour

I found this one online Tina. British company. They could organise something for you.
    They may have a similar one for the Loire.

You may prefer an American company who will do flights etc.

Strangely, I have never been to the Loire, though I have driven through it many times. The Rhone, yes.

It looks as if you can stay in Paris and get day trips, though I suspect that is not what you want.

Good luck with the search!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,837 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    Went to doc today for UTI, different NP than my usual so she reviewed my chart then ordered an EKG and another that tests for blood flow and stress. Well EKG was good but stress one was bad. My physical stress levels are ok, but mental and emotional not good. I was referred to a doc that tests for current medication effectiveness and therapeutic massage. I then get home hand find I have 2 calls, one to schedule my sinus surgery and the other from the state tax office. 🙄🙄 and they wonder why my stress levels are so high!

RvRita in 104 degrees at 6 pm Roswell NM

Sorry that you're under such stress.

Is your sinus surgery similar to a surgery to repair a deviated septum? I did that 2 years ago. It was an experience!!

What was the stress test? A multiple choice type of thing?

Machka in Oz

The sinus thing is called”coblation”. It’s done with a laser to shrink the swollen too large parts inside my nose. They will also decide whether to trim the bone spur or not at that time. Very different from what you had Machka. My appointment for this is July 9.

The stress test was a thing similar to the thing used to check your heart rate on my finger. They leave it there for. 3 minutes. It is called “automatic balance and stress test”. Measures ANS Activity ( control of respiration, cardiac regulation, Vado motor activity, and reflex actions such as coughing, sneezing, swallowing and vomiting). Test came back as bad for me.
    Also checks fatigue index (not good), electro-cardiac stability ( normal), physical stress (very high), mental stress (low), stress resilience (low). (Link to article: viral scan.com). Or look up Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) testing.

Cool test, tells the doc a lot about your health. The comments on the report give me things to do to improve my health including vitamins, exercises, etc. very informative.

RvRita

I think they did "coblation" on my turbinates. I had quite a deviation of the bone, and had developed large turbinates, so large that the right side was nearly blocked by the deviation and turbinates. No wonder every cold I had was so horrible! I could never understand how someone could have a little case of the sniffles. The smallest cold and I couldn't breathe ... and then it would turn into a raging sinus infection.

Do you go overnight?

Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) testing sounds interesting. I don't think it's much of a thing over here. I don't think I'd do very well on it.

Machka in Oz

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Tracey - thanks for your comment about reusable coffee pods. I remembered I have a couple - didn't like using them because the wet grounds would get packed into the bottom. I see they now have little paper filters that fit into the teeny pods. I ordered some from Amazon, should be here today. Lots of good reviews, so crossing fingers they work. :)

Lanette B)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Barbara ~ Good to see you posting again! Going back to your line dance class sounds great!

Rebecca ~ Happiest of Birthdays to You! sfdv3q1aca0d.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara, It's good to see you posting again. Sorry you felt so crummy, but it did provide the needed bed rest to help you heal. I love reading your posts.

:'( After a few day rebound, Sasha is not eating and she is moving slower and acting more confused. Jake is going to call our vet in town this morning.

:) Yesterday Bessie went to the groomer by herself and Jake stayed home with Sasha and Bernie. I was worried that Bessie would be afraid by herself but she did well and came home fluffy and tidy and wearing a cute bow in her hair. Losing Sasha is going to be very hard on her.

:)Lisa, your passion about gravel is similar to mine about the fine bark I spread in my yard every year. It's arrival makes me very happy.

:)Lanette congrats on "shopping" in DH's closet and your healthy attitude about dealing with his "stuff".

<3 Barbie in NW WA where it is still Junuary
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Rebecca
    🥳🎂 Happy Birthday 🎂🥳
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    This morning an Osprey is sitting on the gazebo roof and chirping. It is 5/48 am. The river level is stable so far and we are okay.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

Reading an interesting book called the Safety Trap by Spencer Coursen. I think it was the titled that perked my interest. Many interesting examples and take aways. It is interesting that he said one of the best way to stay safe and to help you loved one is to be physically fit. I just said that to a friend of mine whose daughter just got diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39. It sounds counterintuative to those of us who believe we need to help and to fix things. When you work on your own strengh then you have the strength to help the ones you love. Without that strength you risk your own health and then it is very difficult to be there for the ones you love.

He had a great take on listening to your gut in times of crisis. It is better to run and evade then go and hide. One of the more interesting stories was about a woman who worked in a Mall. There was a loud noise which she thought was a gun shot. When she realized it was a false alarm she made a game plan of what to do. There was a door behind the store leading to stairs she could use to escape. Then an active shooting occurred. Rather than take her escape plan she froze and could only think she was in such bad shape she did not have it in her to run to the back door and her worry was she would die of a heart attack and the shame of dying because she was in such bad shape.
    Lesson...Hence the importance of keeping yourself strong. She was fortunate to survive the attack.

The saddest story was the Twin Towers. When the first plane hit many in the second Tower started to evacuate. Someone from the Port Authority got on a loud speaker told them to go back to their offices. We know what happened. Lesson...You are reponsible for your own personal safety and ask yourself who is the best authority of your own life. Sometimes the authoriites are doing what is expedient for them at your expense. ie tune them out and run...
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Happy birthday!

Barbara welcome back! We missed you.

Barbara and Kylie and others fighting depression, wishing you all the best rest and success in returning to better moods. Music and sunshine and exercise might all help, if you can manage. Hope you all feel better.

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA! Hope it's absolutely WONDERFUL!
    0n968y7otqcf.png

Both GREAT songs LISA!!!

Great to see you here again Barbara! Sorta silly how we miss each other when we've never met, huh? But we've become so close!!!

Oh Barbie, it will be hard on Bessie and all of you. I remember when we lost my daddy. Our Champion looked out the window for him for weeks waiting for him to come home. It was heartbreaking. They just don't understand. But you'll make it better for her. I'm just so very sorry.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Heather-Thank you so much. I don't mind using a UK company as we will book our own flights anyway. We're gathering from all over the place. In fact, we're meeting up in London for a few days first.

We will be visiting villages too. I don't want to just drink all the time. The mister and I did a trip around the Rhone Valley one time, just stopping wherever we wanted and found some wonderful villages and wineries tucked away. I would love to do it again, except I don't want any of us to have to worry about driving. And although I'm comfy winging it with him, I'm not as comfortable with a group. There are too many decisions to be made and it's too hard to agree in a larger group.

Lisa-I would consider a Mosel trip too. I really like German white wines (not the sweet ones we get here, but the wonderful dry ones). If I did that, I'd even have a interpreter with us! :smiley: Otherwise, I really need to brush up on my French.

Rebecca-Have a great trip!

Katla-Glad the river is behaving for you.

Barbara-Glad to see you're back!

Barbie-So sorry about your pup! We had someone come to our house with our last pet. It was much less stressful for us all.

Tracey-Happy anniversary.

I have been listening to some great podcasts on my runs/walks lately. My favorites are on sleep, the knee joint, urology, and pain management. However, the one on penises was rather entertaining too. After listening to the one on raccoons, I'm convinced there is a den under our deck.

There are some really good nuggets of information in them. If interested, check out "ologies" by Alie Ward in "your favorite podcast app."

To all who need them, hugs and hang in there!

Tina in CA