Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca — Enjoy your walkabout. Have a great time during your trip. 😊
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Got my hair done.. fabulous as always..
    Ordered my bed.. and its about 125.00 less than the other,and i get it monday..and it set up and all..i also got mattress cover,2000 count thread sheet set,and pillows thrown in.
    I would should have just gone there in the first place.
    Rebecca- enjoy your trip..
    Carmine had his 8th grade graduation and Kyle took a picture of Tracy,Miles ans Carmine and the grumpy face is unreal..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Debbie – you and your hubby are angels from heaven for taking care of your MIL the way you are, but you are so right DO NOT quit your job or give up your zumba classes. You deserve that.

Barbara – I like Heinlein’s books, too.

Making chocolate muffins for Vince right now. He’s almost finished the applesauce muffins I made him and I know there’s no way he’ll eat the banana zucchini muffins, I didn’t hide the zucchini. Maybe tomorrow I’ll make icing for them.

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Debra7095 and all other newbies... this is a fast moving forum, so read along, jump in when you feel like it and please sign your posts with what you'd like to be called, and a general location of where you are it helps keep everyone straight.

smiles Kim in N. California
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    was a long night- just as I was starting to eat dinner, dh called and said his mom fell again, hit her head and it was bleeding. I rushed over, it had stopped bleeding so got her cleaned up and laundry started. He had to go into work at 11PM so I stayed the night-slept/rested on her couch all night- she was up ever 1 1/2 hrs to use the bathroom which are either upstairs or down stairs. Had to make sure she got up or down ok, coming back she is fine.
    Looks like I will be doing at least one night a week for a while. We are picking up a commode chair today and hopefully we can get her to use it during the night. She can get upstairs ok during the day but has problems at night. We put motion sensor lights up the stairs but she still has trouble.
    She hurt her ribs also when she fell so that is hurting more than her broken hand/wrist.
    If we can make it work with just he and I taking care of her we will but we may need to hire someone to help too. We are still trying to figure it all out- It has been just about a week(fell last Friday)
    One thing is I am getting more steps in each day when I take her dog for a walk for 1/2 hr

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Can you take her to a doctor or emergency/urgent care to have her looked at?

I would have called the ambulance when she fell this time, but I don't know what ambulance services are like where you are.

Machka in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,943 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    was a long night- just as I was starting to eat dinner, dh called and said his mom fell again, hit her head and it was bleeding. I rushed over, it had stopped bleeding so got her cleaned up and laundry started. He had to go into work at 11PM so I stayed the night-slept/rested on her couch all night- she was up ever 1 1/2 hrs to use the bathroom which are either upstairs or down stairs. Had to make sure she got up or down ok, coming back she is fine.
    Looks like I will be doing at least one night a week for a while. We are picking up a commode chair today and hopefully we can get her to use it during the night. She can get upstairs ok during the day but has problems at night. We put motion sensor lights up the stairs but she still has trouble.
    She hurt her ribs also when she fell so that is hurting more than her broken hand/wrist.
    If we can make it work with just he and I taking care of her we will but we may need to hire someone to help too. We are still trying to figure it all out- It has been just about a week(fell last Friday)
    One thing is I am getting more steps in each day when I take her dog for a walk for 1/2 hr

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Can you take her to a doctor or emergency/urgent care to have her looked at?

I would have called the ambulance when she fell this time, but I don't know what ambulance services are like where you are.

Machka in Oz

her neighbor is a nurse and she checked on her. She had stopped bleeding before I was even there(less than 10min drive).
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Hugs for Debbie and Machka and all of you caregivers. It's such a draining job.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3