Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Would the movie be as scary if they made good decisions and got away quickly with no suspense, loud scary sounds and didn't at the least get a knife wound but still got away?
    Might horror movie writers be serial killers in real life and want to live out their fantasies without the death penalty and want everybody in the movie to die?

Why do some of us love watching scary movies, especially at night in the dark 😱 and others, like a big, strong, burley bearded guys for example 😋 absolutely refuse to watch and would rather watch Shark and Sasquatch movies instead?...Boring!!! 🙄

Great Anniversary date!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time! 😌💕
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    People watch movies to escape reality for a little while. If your life is quiet and boring and you're normally in bed at sundown, you may prefer the thrill of watching something scary at night. If, however, you're a big, strong, burly guy (beard optional), and your life is a non-stop string of high adventure, danger and suspense, you need to watch a movie which is not only different from your life, but can provide a degree of make-believe, such as when the high school geek actually gets the girl, or the checkbook balances perfectly, or the kids behave. (I mean, really, how believable is that?)

Tomorrow is Father's Day. When my kids were little we shared many favorite pastimes, so could spend an enjoyable day playing video games or tossing the football around. Now they are all teenagers/young adults, their ideas of fun have become radically different, while mine have remained largely the same. What are some ways we can bridge this gap and spend quality time together tomorrow?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,868 Member
    Options
    @nossmf, you could spend the day recreating as many TikTok challenges as you can find online. Since you're familiar with tortilla slapping, you've already gotten a headstart on the festivities.

I recently watched an 8 month old baby overnight. She went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 10:30, went back to sleep at 11 and slept from 11pm-4am. At 4am she woke up and was wide awake for at least an hour before finally going back to sleep. Why do people say they, 'slept like a baby' when most babies go through bouts of sleeplessness?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    As a senior going through my second childhood, let me tell you, I sleep exactly on schedule each and every night. I also eat meals exactly on time, eating exactly the calories MFP allows me to lose 2 pounds a week. Just like a baby!

Why am I always so hungry, especially for sweet things, after taking antibiotics.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Penicillin was originally discovered from a slice of moldy bread, bread isn't bread without PB&J which is such a satisfying sweet treat. The Antibiotics sometimes get dejavu and crave that sweet that they inherited from their ancestors (bread) and pass on that craving to you.

Did you know that Penicillin was not actually discovered from moldy bread, but a mold had developed on an accidentally contaminated staphylococcus culture plate. Upon examination of the mold, Dr. Alexander Fleming noticed that the culture prevented the growth of staphylococci which meant that the mold could also be a valuable medicine to fight off other infections as well.

Did you know that I had typed up a pretty interesting question and facts regarding something I just remembered got me banned from here some years ago for three months 😩 (True story). I had to delete my interesting question for fear of banishment and now am bummed out because it was a great question yielding what I imagine would have be funny responses. Why ban someone for mentioning something (perfectly legal) when they are not promoting it, only speaking of a personal experience that they had?
  • nossmf
    Options
    People typically are banned for one of three reasons: politics, religion, and betting on the wrong sports team. Everything you can possibly say is going to rub somebody the wrong way in one of those three categories, so you never know when the ban will strike you. For example, did you know...

***This post is banned for no obvious reason. Or rather, it's obvious to somebody, just not you.***

You know the expression "beauty is in the eye of the beholder?" In mythology (ok, the Dungeons and Dragons game), the beholder is a monster with an enormous eye and a mouth full of jagged teeth, not much more. How is that beautiful?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,426 Member
    Options
    If he’s (or it’s) the beholder, isn’t it good he has a big eye to see it?

It looks like there will be no summer getaway for me this year. What can I do to make it feel like
    I had time off and a proper summer without actually going away.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    You can mow the lawn daily, garden like a champ so all your neighbors can still have fresh produce when they return from vacation to a dead garden. And you can mow their lawns while they are gone. Doesn’t that sound like fun!

I’ve been eating out so much lately, it’s really gotten old! More to come. What can I do?
  • nossmf
    Options
    If you are unhappy about eating at a restaurant so much, allow me to introduce you to the concept of DRIVE-THRU! You collect your restaurant food without ever leaving your car, then take it home to eat in the comfort and security of your living room couch while wearing bunny slippers and watching a new television program every night, so it never gets old. How cool is that!

Next week I'm going camping all week, without internet or cell phone access to allow me to record my meals and exercises. How shall I document everything?
  • cmsienk
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I suggest you record your meals and exercise the old fashioned way - with stone tablets and a chisel. No electricity required. Although, you'll probably need to beef up your ride for the extra weight a week's worth of stone tablets will add.

I'm curious - who's the most interesting person you ever met?

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    If you don't want to ...don't!
    Who really cares about cleanliness or fitness anyway?... It's all just a fad that will be gone in a month or two then a new fad will begin and "How to" Books and websites teaching things such as "How to Design the Perfect Pigsty in 30 Days" and "How to Find the Best Spandex to Flatter your Rolls"
    So don't stress about it ... You'd be already ahead of the game and on point with the new. 👍👍

Why do we stress so much about perfection anyway? Don't you think this world would be so boring if everyone was in perfect shape, had the best hair and skin and had a spotless home? Imagine never being able to lounge around the house or ruin an errand with no make-up or not being able to chill wearing sweats and a t-shirt or never having time to relax with your family because you're always picking up, putting things away or cleaning.
    That's not "Living" don't you agree?
  • nossmf
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Your question confuses me. Whether I'm actively cleaning or slothfully lying around, I'm doing it perfectly already. The whole concept of being "not perfect" is utterly foreign to my DNA, I can barely conceive a world where I'm not perfect. The closest I can imagine was the world before I was born, but then that world must have also been perfect because how could an imperfect world produce me?

Why do some sports have Best-of-7 playoff series (NBA, MLB, NHL) while others have a single, winner-take-all championship game (NFL, World Cup, NCAA)?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Because some sports are more greedy than others and just want to waste more of our time!

Why are sports events so much more fun to watch live than on television?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Because the indoor temperature is cooler. Nature likes to balance things out. Knowing this, it's easy to understand how warmer indoor temperatures in the winter cause cooler outdoor temperatures.

My week of vacation starts about this time tomorrow. I'm having trouble focusing upon my work, instead thinking about next week. Any suggestions?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Stop trying to focus on work and get out of there a little early. Your boss's memory isn't that good, right? Casually saunter into his/her office and announce it's your anniversary and you'd like to leave early. If he does remember you've recently celebrated your anniversary with a day off, stick to your story. Say he must have you confused with the coworker in the next cubicle. His anniversary was last week - not yours. If he still isn't buying it, tell him it's my anniversary. We're best buds, your boss and I. I'm sure that'll clinch it for you. Maybe you should just lead with that.

How come I can never find a decent parking spot when I'm in a hurry?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Work will always be there whether today or tomorrow,
    So Daydream away! And if at work you get reprimanded for slacking off and not getting your assignments done, remind them that you're in charge of what you do and they should back off and let you do you! And then start humming the melody to "Take This Job And Shove It" With this job market and lack of able bodied people who actually want to work...you'll be just fine!

My Hubby has been climbing and cutting trees for over thirty years now and is starting to get burned out. We have seriously discussed retirement and living somewhere more mellow and much affordable than the states. ( Less stress and drama). Any suggestions on where we might search for that perfect place to relocate to, with hopefully no language barriers or fear of being victims of criminal activity?
  • cmsienk
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Work will always be there whether today or tomorrow,
    So Daydream away! And if at work you get reprimanded for slacking off and not getting your assignments done, remind them that you're in charge of what you do and they should back off and let you do you! And then start humming the melody to "Take This Job And Shove It" With this job market and lack of able bodied people who actually want to work...you'll be just fine!

My Hubby has been climbing and cutting trees for over thirty years now and is starting to get burned out. We have seriously discussed retirement and living somewhere more mellow and much affordable than the states. ( Less stress and drama). Any suggestions on where we might search for that perfect place to relocate to, with hopefully no language barriers or fear of being victims of criminal activity?

@FabulousFantasticFifty,
    Beat you by this much. 🤏
    So... before we decide where Fab and her hubby should retire, how come I can never find a good parking spot when I'm in a hurry?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Have you not witnessed time and time again the people driving in a hurry, tailgating you then passing you up like a lunatic nearly causing a five car pileup just to be in front, then you catching right up to them at the next traffic signal? Being in a hurry just doesn't pan out!
    Take your time, sleep in, enjoy a long shower and big breakfast and then lounge around the house for awhile before heading out to your destination. This chill, easy going attitude will yield plenty of parking options, especially if arriving after hours, where you will then be guaranteed a good spot and you can just camp in your car and wait for the place to open the next day. It's either that or.... You can always transform your vehicle into a bulldozer and push the other vehicles out the way and pick the spot of your choosing. Option 3, My favourite approach... is to get out the car screaming like a crazy person and threatening bodily harm! This tends to scare people off and make available at least three or four really great spaces

May I NOW get an answer to my previous question? 😉
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,426 Member
    Options
    I do all my exercise in the kitchen. I’m sure it burns all kinds of calories.

I put the bag of chips on the top shelf meaning I have to jump up several times to snag the corner of the bag (yes, several…I have bad aim and eat from the chip bags 8 times a day…so I can exercise 😏)

I pull open the fridge at least 20 times a day to see if something delicious has materialized in there despite the fact I haven’t been shopping. I make sure to open the fridge with alternating hands so that muscle tone ends up even.

Then there is bending to the lower freeze for morning and evening ice cream.

And have you seen me dance while the coffee brews? 💃😳

What a workout!! I’m usually so exhausted from all that I need a nap!

I have 2 hours absolutely and blissfully alone today which is rare and needed. What should I do to maximize my time besides the above noted exercise and nap?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Add binging a TV show and I think you've worked out a pretty perfect schedule. Although 2 hours doesn't seem like enough. Perhaps change the locks and buy yourself a little extra time?

Why is it when I've been away for a few nights coming home to my bed is perfection but when I've been here for a few weeks I'll start thinking, "We need a new mattress"?