WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Machka good luck with your Covid exposure. Hopefully it comes to nothing. You already have so much on your plate!

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    <3Debbie <3<3

:)PipHappy Anniversary <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Pip ~ That cake looks delicious! :)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Ok, I was 12 pages behind and there's no way I can comment (or remember everything I wanted to comment on).

Karen in VA ... There sure isn't a one size fits all answer to dealing with depression, is there? I do not have clinical depression and I've never taken medication for down times. I deal with the circumstances in my life by talking/screaming/pleading/crying/laughing/and every other means of expression you can think of ... with God. We don't talk about religion here, so I'll leave it at that ... you know where I'm going with it. I don't know all the circumstances of your life, nor the answer for your "fog" ... but I do believe that, in part, you're grieving. Everything you mentioned had a component of loss to it. Loss of home, memories, plans, dreams...and you're Swedish Death Cleaning ... which just makes you focus on your own passing. I know a lot about loss. Each day I have to make a conscious decision to LIVE with the grief ... with hope, with joy, with peace. You've been given great advice ... some of which I needed to hear again as well. I'm praying for you as you find the answers that are best for you. <3

Flea ... so much going on in your world. My parents just gave me durable POA for their health care. The advanced health care directives ... living will... written by their attorney was pretty stark and we spent time clarifying. We have very specific guidelines as to what DNR means to them, but ultimately, I have been given their permission to make the final decision. I hope I never have to use it. I hope you don't either.

Debbie ... your MIL has definitely made her own life difficult. Hoping you and your husband can find help soon!

Lanette ... I am so impressed with your strength and good humor and your ability to "carry on." I also think you must be an old hippie! Mushrooms!! :D

Lisa ... sorry your daughter has Covid and all the problems that may come as a result. Honestly, our government in every form seems to have its collective head in an unmentionable place. My husband and I spent time in the Social Security Office today ... oh my :s

Barbara ... you asked about vistas. The heavens and all their glory ... whether it be clouds gathering before a storm or blue skies ... sunrises and sunsets ... all of it centers me.

Karen in VA ... I just thought of something that my son's therapist used to suggest ... "grounding." You can look it up, but it's basically the idea of putting our bare feet to the earth. Interesting results.

It's been busy in my corner of the world. We're ok.

Beth near Buffalo

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip — HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope you and Kirby enjoy every minute. ❤️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member

Worked today. Work tomorrow and then the soup kitchen. We’ll go to the movies tonight. Now that I think of it, Vince did mention something about wanting to see the hockey game. Bet that’s the real reason we didn’t go last night. Oh well...no biggie

Went in the pool (what else is new) while Vince powerwashed part of the driveway. He doesn’t like the heat (unlike me) but this he doesn’t have a problem with since you get wet.

Lisa – I’m so sorry about your daughter. The right thing was to tell them, but still…. As far as I am concerned, you can keep the coffee. But don’t throw out the tea. I think the last time I had any coffee was about 6 years ago at a Marriott hotel so you know it wasn’t a cheapo brand. But to me, it was so bitter I didn’t even drink it. Probably some of that is because I hadn’t had any in about 2 or 3 years. But don’t take my tea!!!!!!

Leslie – welcome!

Yesterday after my walk around the block, I walked up the walkway to the house and looked at the new plants. I almost fell over, there were places where the landscape fabric was totally exposed. I bet any amount of money the deer (or whatever creature) was hunting for the moisture from when I watered the plants the night before and that’s what did it. So I just covered up the landscape fabric with mulch. I know that the landscape fabric we have will disintegrate if you leave it in the sunlight.

Pip – Now you have me craving chocolate cake. Thanks <hmmmf> Love ya.

Well, off to the movies

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    edited June 2022
    Pip: — Happy 20th Anniversary for you and Kirby. ❤️

Lisa .Sorry to hear about DD, Hoping it works out better in the long run. Glad you are feeling better

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,523 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 52min 35sec, 43elev, 88ahr, 114mhr, 2.84ap, 5.53mi= 494c
    Strava app = 631
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    edited June 2022
    Done:
    6/22: Move: 1 set pt, 1.25 hrs line dancing, 45 mins march in place watching Westminster, steps: 6543
    Fuel: protein=49 g sugar=86 g fruit=3 vegs=4
    Live: Joe, readings, called Curry Health about invoice, reconciled Visa and checking accounts, Farmers’ Market. wt 138.5

Heather glad your slippy shoes help with the turns. Really glad DH is starting to feel a little better.
    Debbie what Vicki and Michele said.
    Allie what Debbie said. glad your nephrologist is taking your condition seriously. Fingers X’d for clear answers and good path forward Monday.
    Annie “…peppy talking…”?
    Barbie alas, I would not find waiting on hold for customer service a peaceful way to spend the afternoon. I’d try breading, distractions, but ultimately would succumb to annoyance.
    Tracey would you explain Michaela’s cheering method? Heart breaks for your daughter, but thankful she can hold her friend’s baby with a big smile.
    Flea ((hugs))
    Pip Happy 20th anniversary. Kirby is a lucky guy!
    Lisa SMH. Not to wish anyone ill, but hope some more symptoms and positive results show up so the class can reconvene via Zoom with your DD reinstated as leader. 12 lbs? NOT fair! And MREs are NOT comfort food for the sick. :sick:
    Leslie your happy place sounds like our picnic table meadow. Please don’t be offended, many here don’t do the “friend” think but keep contact in this thread.
    Kelly Magnifying glass in gratitude journal, now why didn’t I think of that?
    Lanette our dandelions are already blooming, hope we can get ‘em whacked before they set seed…
    Machka silver linings, you get to work from home ;) Are you in the new, less chatty job yet?
    Suebdew oh boy Greek Isles! Can’t wait to enjoy your cruise vicariously too!
    Debbie, imho, the next time she falls and dh can’t get her up, call 911.
    Rita is there a functional medicine registry of practitioners? Not that there would be in our rural area but maybe along I5…
    Beth “grounding” thanks!
    Katla every time a humming bird stops by our feeder, I think of you and your DH. Whooshing comfort, strength, peace and love to you both.

After line dancing 3 days in a row, taking it easy today, just dogs to powerline and a little yard puttering.

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Yes ,Lisa very important to have.. my dad only did one a few days before he died because he had Colon cancer,my MIL no one but her could make the decision and she made the decision to go through it and the next 6 weeks were dialysis and a living hell.. all because her 3 boys and My FIL wouldn't help make a decision..
    And believe me for 20 yrs i tried to have a talk with my dad to no avail until the last minute.
    Myself when my 20 yr old cousin was on life support and the family had to make a decision to turn it off and i was one of the ones to watch and my son was 18 months old. I filled one out right away..
    No way was i going to lay that on my family members..
    I have a copy in my locked box and a copy with my attorney. And its all set.