Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Breathtaking. Thank you so much for sharing. And you are quite a good photographer!

ETA: AF so far this week and plan AF tonight. DH has a work event so home alone makes that easier.
    ETA2: But I've had a large appetite for the past 2 weeks. I'm wondering if it is connected to the pretty strong corticosteroid for poison ivy. I've been eating every single maintenance calorie and slightly over maintenance last week... to my best count, which may have been an undercount when there were moments of standing in the pantry just looking for what I could eat fast. I try to account for it all later, but I know it's never as accurate as a planned & plated meal. I'm giving generous assent to eating more under the circumstances, but I'm just trying to keep it on the rails of the planned & plated variety vs. unplanned splurges. It's also hard to sleep. I'm so fidgety, flopping around all night, hard to lie still. I had a HARD nap yesterday, and that felt great.

@ahoy_m8 Dont forget about those steroids. I am on high doses of steroids at least once a summer due to a severe allergy to poison ivy and I am an absolute monster on them. It’s like an out of body experience. I end up taking more anxiety meds while I’m on them. I can’t get enough water and forget about sleeping. I’m not sure where you live but having poison ivy in the summer heat is miserable! Take care!

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    I'm Dawn
    I joined this thread in November 2018. I had my first AF day soon thereafter. It was hard! I stayed with one AF day per week for awhile and then gradually increased that.

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month. So trying to keep it to 3A days per week or less.
    I am drinking less for weight loss. 20 more pounds to shed still.

Diary Style

Friday June 24 - 2 drinks. I almost do the drunkorexic thing sometimes. I definitely do not eat healthy food when I have alcohol. I substitute calories for drinks and badder things. Planned drinks Saturday afternoon
    Saturday June 25 - Drinks throughout the afternoon and evening. Nice and hot here, and I got lots done in the yard (although it looks like I barely made a dent. Sunday will be another to work in the yard all day, planning AF

Rolling total: 15AF days out of 25 days
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luFDOhZqo4A

I ran across this video today, Scott Pinyard talking about Liberation so you can Moderate. He is connected with Annie Grace. He made some really good points... making me think that today would be a good day for me to start a 30 days AF. <3
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,271 Member

1st week- end of May beginning of June 5AF and 2A- best week I've had in a long time!
    2nd week 4AF and 3A - woot!
    Week three- 3AF and 4A
    4th week- 4 AF and 3A.
    Week 5 2AF so far