Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    man ive heard of toms being the same as the women in your house but on a online group?? weird lol i think all of us have uncle tom in town, lol i am trying to be super positive well as much as i can be im moody lol ive done pretty good today, and im trying to make sure i dont screw up anymore!!! ive got this and i feel like i need to make up for this weeks gain for next weeks loss! im going for 5-6 lbs loss i wanna loose 2.5-3 lbs a weeks!! i know its seems pretty big?? im trying though!! ive logged everything!!! woot

Look forward not backwards. Don't worry about trying to make up for last week, just look at doing good this week. And any loss is a good loss :) I think most of us at one point set our expectations too high, and then get discouraged. So make sure your making manageable goals. (Now if I can just learn to follow my own advice! >< )
  • Godhas8
    Godhas8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone! I hope everyone is have a great week thus far. I plan on weighing in on Friday but will be checking in periodically. Have a good one everyone :)
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    .... I'm in the mood to go on some roller coasters. lol
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: roller coasters! I am so excited to find my younger two children are following in my footsteps...little adrenaline junkies! I just gotta wait until the youngest is over 48" tall! Still working on my oldest son - bribed him $40 at an amusement park this summer to go on a coaster. He did it - and seemed to enjoy it. Looking to plan a trip to Cedar Point next summer!
  • Finigan84
    Options
    This staying off the scale is going to be tough. I had my husband "hide" it on a high shelf I can't reach. Its a great idea for a challenge though. I am becoming obsessed with that number rather than the healthy changes I am/should be making.

Best of luck to everyone this week!!!

I am off to walk...rain or no rain.
  • theonlychuck
    theonlychuck Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Look forward not backwards. Don't worry about trying to make up for last week, just look at doing good this week. And any loss is a good loss :) I think most of us at one point set our expectations too high, and then get discouraged. So make sure your making manageable goals. (Now if I can just learn to follow my own advice! >< )
    [/quote]

i hear ya love i feel like i can give decent advice but i never follow!!
  • theonlychuck
    Options
    hell's yes i did it again i finished 45 mins of tae bo, i am so proud of myself i feel amazing! i feel like actually doing something now im gonna clean my house and finish the laundry after i finish my amazing protein shake that i made in my amazing new blender i got absolutely free compliments of the pampered chef!!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Doing well with the challenge this week! Been off the scale since Saturday!! I'm staying off until next Saturday morning!! I put it away... now hopefully I can forget about it! :laugh:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    hell's yes i did it again i finished 45 mins of tae bo, i am so proud of myself i feel amazing! i feel like actually doing something now im gonna clean my house and finish the laundry after i finish my amazing protein shake that i made in my amazing new blender i got absolutely free compliments of the pampered chef!!

Yay! This is awesome! Glad your are doing so well with tae bo!! What kind of protein shake mix do you use?
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just got in from an hour and ahalf in the gym :) my trainer got me to wear the heart monitor and I am so chuffed, I got way to the top of the aerobic zone, was so pleased and my recovery rate was tip top too :) yey! I am fit if I am still fat!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Doing well with the challenge this week! Been off the scale since Saturday!! I'm staying off until next Saturday morning!! I put it away... now hopefully I can forget about it! :laugh:

I think I need to do this, I walked by it last night and this morning and was soooo tempted to step on. I almost did it just out of pure habit but I was able to catch myself and walk away. Out of sight, out of mind right?
  • theonlychuck
    Options
    [/quote]
    I think I need to do this, I walked by it last night and this morning and was soooo tempted to step on. I almost did it just out of pure habit but I was able to catch myself and walk away. Out of sight, out of mind right?
    [/quote]

yes i agree i put mine in the closet!! i did forget i do have to weigh in n friday do to another challenge! okay im having a delima!!

if i watch what i eat and eat healthy, and workout i feel like there is no way i can eat all my calories>>??? now if i ate what i used to i could see going over but the idea is to eat healthy, im so lost!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    theonlychuck - I would ask on the boards here for some calorie dense healthy foods, I know theres got to be a few out there. I wouldn't worry about eating back every single exercise calorie... maybe eat back 1/2 - 3/4 of them. Personally, the only time I eat back my exercise calories is when I over eat and have to exercise to get back down to my calorie goal :laugh: but then again I don't pull huge burns either.
  • TNAJackson
    Options

That's right! Out of sight, out of mind. I put mine under the sink in the kids' bathroom... I had to get it out of my bathroom! All I kept doing was stepping on it! LOL!
  • TNAJackson
    Options
    [/quote]

if i watch what i eat and eat healthy, and workout i feel like there is no way i can eat all my calories>>??? now if i ate what i used to i could see going over but the idea is to eat healthy, im so lost!
    [/quote]

Don't worry about eating every one of your exercise calories back, but don't get into the habit of not eating them either. I listen to my body... if I'm hungry, I eat the exercise calories. If I'm not, I don't. But I'm usually hungry. LMAO!

There are a lot of people who drink shakes and things when they need their calories up, but icecream shakes aren't particularly healthy. Frozen yogurt shakes on the otherhand... it'd be worth a try. Also, nuts are very good for you and have more calories than other food, so you could always go that route also...
  • theonlychuck
    Options

[/quote]

Don't worry about eating every one of your exercise calories back, but don't get into the habit of not eating them either. I listen to my body... if I'm hungry, I eat the exercise calories. If I'm not, I don't. But I'm usually hungry. LMAO!

There are a lot of people who drink shakes and things when they need their calories up, but icecream shakes aren't particularly healthy. Frozen yogurt shakes on the otherhand... it'd be worth a try. Also, nuts are very good for you and have more calories than other food, so you could always go that route also...
    [/quote]

i also do the protein shakes and still have all of these calories left, i earned something like 1256 calories today?? i know crazy i hurt lol!! but i am really really watching what im eating! i want this so bad but i have to get in a good state of mind i decided yesterday that i am going to do this !! and i am going to lose this weight and i will not let my hormones, or emotions get the best of me!! i love this site i get on here and get excited and wanna workout again!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options

i also do the protein shakes and still have all of these calories left, i earned something like 1256 calories today?? i know crazy i hurt lol!! but i am really really watching what im eating! i want this so bad but i have to get in a good state of mind i decided yesterday that i am going to do this !! and i am going to lose this weight and i will not let my hormones, or emotions get the best of me!! i love this site i get on here and get excited and wanna workout again!

I don't eat back my exercise calories at all unless I'm starving. If your not hungry, I wouldn't force yourself to eat back 1200 calories! lol. BTW...that's a freakin good burn! With all that working out though, I would definitely make sure your getting your basic recommend amount of calories. No being under 1200! Healthy food is good, but having a treat once in a while too is good (good for the soul! lol). So if your pulling major burns like that, and want to get an ice cream cone or something I wouldn't worry to much about the fact that its "not healhty". ya know?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I bombed the challenge on the first day :sad: Its official....I am really addicted! Going to try and stay off the rest of the week. I had one of those mornings where I felt like I might have lost another lb....and couldn't resist looking....and of course...I didn't. :grumble: What a waste.... I'm really hoping to be at 225 or under by the end of this week. But I have a feeling I'm going to have to fight my way all through the 220's because they are going to be stubborn. :frown:

Today I bought my first gun, and its not even for me! lol. I bought my husband a Remington 270 30-06 rifle for Christmas (its on layaway until Dec). But I was still kind of charged up after leaving since its my first time purchasing a gun. haha Now I have to figure out how to keep this a secret until Christmas! (As you can see I was dying to tell someone!)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Just got in from an hour and ahalf in the gym :) my trainer got me to wear the heart monitor and I am so chuffed, I got way to the top of the aerobic zone, was so pleased and my recovery rate was tip top too :) yey! I am fit if I am still fat!

That's good to hear :) And they think all fat people aren't fit... I bet you could run circles around a few of the the "skinny fat" girls out there.
  • theonlychuck
    Options
    I bombed the challenge on the first day :sad: Its official....I am really addicted! Going to try and stay off the rest of the week. I had one of those mornings where I felt like I might have lost another lb....and couldn't resist looking....and of course...I didn't. :grumble: What a waste.... I'm really hoping to be at 225 or under by the end of this week. But I have a feeling I'm going to have to fight my way all through the 220's because they are going to be stubborn. :frown:

Today I bought my first gun, and its not even for me! lol. I bought my husband a Remington 270 30-06 rifle for Christmas (its on layaway until Dec). But I was still kind of charged up after leaving since its my first time purchasing a gun. haha Now I have to figure out how to keep this a secret until Christmas! (As you can see I was dying to tell someone!)

lets do this together girl!!! i am sitting at 231, i would love to be in the 220 this week!! oh that would b wonderful!! lets do this girl we got this"high five"
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    So my laptop took a crap today! I am now using my husbands iPad! I am going shopping tomorrow for a new computer! So until I get one I might not be on here as much since I hate using this thing and can't go in the forums on the iPhone! Love you all! You all rock! My first scale peek is tomorrow!