Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @Womona Six months ago I thought drinking all day WAS relaxing! I haven’t had a nap in months and I am known by friends and family to be a world class napper! I might have another today. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hey Team! July was my first full month and was a great win for me.

Goal: No more than 3A days weekly (16 - 19 AF days monthly); Max 7 drinks weekly

8/8 M - Drinks (1) - Plan was AF
    8/9 Tu - AF
    8/10 W - Drinks (2) - Plan was AF
    8/11 Th - Drinks (1) S&R visiting. Did a good job sticking to my food plan. Allowed myself to have a hazy IPA and it was yummy!
    8/12 F - Drinks (3) - We cooked a seafood boil and drank cabernet. My weight was up this morning but only a little.
    8/13 Sa - Drinks (3) - Planned drinks while S&R are here, but planning AF Sunday and Monday while they're here. I had 3 total but did practice some discipline, since we were out on the beach (only had 1 on the beach). Weight is in a holding pattern. Not going up is a good thing.
    Rolling Total: 4 AF out of 13 days
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @MissMay Thinking of you and your family.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style

Company here for 8 days:
    Saturday August 6th - Drinks and threw up! (We both did)
    Sunday August 7th - Drinks, half-sized, plus wine (!!) with dinner.
    Monday August 8th - Pre dinner cocktail after work, and (very good) wine with dinner. Not really planning any AF days. I am the cocktail maker, my friend is a chef. Since we both threw up the first day I have been making delicious cocktails with one total ounce split between us. I have been making us mocktails and NA iced coffees also.
    Tuesday August 9th - Drinks. Kept them reasonable, but drinks nevertheless. I suppose that I am taking a pass on this week, but I am okay with that.
    Wednesday August 10th - Drinks
    Thursday August 11th - Drinks
    Friday August 12th - Drinks - Sunday will be AF, and as many AF days as I can string together after that. It might be hard after drinking every day! So wonderful having my old friend here! We haven't been overdoing it after both puking the first night : - )
    Saturday August 13 - Drinks. We bought some bottles from a Gin tasting that we went to earlier in the week, lots of cocktails made with the 4 varieties. Sunday will begin AF, hope that it is not too hard after drinking every day. Really, no regrets, had a fabulous time and didn't feel like being AF.

Rolling total: 4AF days out of 13 days
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    hello all my lovely Less Alcohol Clan.
    We made it back from our 4 day out n about. LOL boy sometimes one just has to laugh. We had ups and downs and a lot of funny customer 'lack of' service. Including a woman selling handmade jewelry in a run down type shop in a bump in the road town. I really like finding these little type shops that vendors are just trying to make rent. I like to buy handmade items like this. I spotted a pair of earings in a color I don't have, a mustard type shade. Ok $12.00 cheap. Then I spotted a pair of purple earrings made from some type of stone. Ok $15.00 I will take both. Ha Ha. The woman would not sell me the purple earrings. I must have asked her why 3-4 times in different ways. She actually took them out of my hand and put them back where I got them and said no I could not have them. They were a set? A set to what?
    A purple stone necklace near it? Not even the same type of stone........and made all these grunt noises while telling me no you can only buy the one pair. I do hope she seeks help LOL

Did I stay AF ???? naw I did not, but I did stick to 2 beers or one shot each day. Thursday - one shot, Friday, 1.5 wine, Saturday 2 beers, Sunday 2 beers. Weight gain 1.2lb so I don't feel bad. I also did the .......have a drink AND some snacks while I was at it. Sodium is not my friend.

The information to mail the state post cards is
    Pike Co 4-H Atten Gilbert B
    PO Box 297
    Murfreesboro, AR 71958

I checked the facebook post and it has not updated the states still needed. So honestly I don't know about NJ, PA and TX. I just mailed 4 from WA and 1 from OR ( I know a bit of overkill for someone I don't know). Put them in an envelope with 1 stamp instead of individuals LOL. Yep I am cheap.

@MissMay I hope all things are running smooth with the sale! only a few more days until signing!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    This thread has been a game changer for me! I so appreciate every single one of you!

*August goals: 18-20 days AF with no more than 2 drinks in one night

*Stop and think before opening a drink to prevent pouring alcohol down the drain-save some money!

Good luck everyone!

8/1-8/7: 5 AF out of 7
    8/8: AF
    Days until vacation: 5
    My mom and I have been known to imbibe a bit much on vacations but I’m just not sure my heart is in it this year. I really don’t want to deal with the hangover. We’ll see.
    8/9: AF Worked 14 hours-no time to drink! A few months ago I would have stayed up late drinking, then woke up at the last minute for work and felt like garbage all day. Hopefully those days are behind me!
    8/10 AF
    Well, vacation has been canceled. I was supposed to go with my mom and she’s too stressed out about selling her house/buying a condo. Which is very stressful and there was a chance this could happen. I’m really disappointed and was really looking forward to getting away to the beach/up north where everything is just….slower and more quiet. However, I’m still taking the time off and telling my work I will not be able to be reached. I will make the best of it, I have access to a lovely pool and I plan to try out some new recipes!
    8/11 AF Well, I’m free! I’m on call Saturday night but I don’t care, that’s completely different than the regular job I do. Otherwise I’m free until the 22nd! Might just make some mock tails!
    8/12: A 1- By the pool, staycation has officially begun!
    8/13: AF I literally did nothing yesterday. Loaded the dishwasher, fed the cats and took two naps. Initially felt pretty guilty. When I was going to bed I realized 6 months ago if I had a day free like that then I would have started drinking at noon and been passed out by 7. Thankful.
    8/14: A 1/2 I had a drink last night while making dinner. I didn’t really like the taste of it and ended up pouring it down the drain. I don’t understand why I do this. Last night while I couldn’t sleep I thought about abstaining for the rest of the month of August and it didn’t freak me out. However, this morning I’m not so sure. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Rolling total: 10 AF out of 14
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style

Friday August 12th - Drinks - Sunday will be AF, and as many AF days as I can string together after that. It might be hard after drinking every day! So wonderful having my old friend here! We haven't been overdoing it after both puking the first night : - )
    Saturday August 13 - Drinks. We bought some bottles from a Gin tasting that we went to earlier in the week, lots of cocktails made with the 4 varieties. Sunday will begin AF, hope that it is not too hard after drinking every day. Really, no regrets, had a fabulous time and didn't feel like being AF.
    Sunday August 14 - AF - I have quite a few to try to string together here. I had an AF beer on the porch, a new kind with 40 calories instead of my usual 35 calories. Really not much less calories than my gin cocktails, going to switch over to Ice 0 calorie drinks for Monday.

Rolling total: 5AF days out of 14 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @lmlmrn

Glad that you got a getaway.
    Hilarious about the jewellery vendor. Like, what?

I am always entertained by your posts : - )
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hey Team! August and early September are challenging for me since every single weekend is packed full with either friends/family visiting or us traveling to see friends/family (MIL's 93rd birthday in NC and camping in MD with friends/family).

Goal: Changing my goal slightly this month No more than 3A days weekly (16 - 19 AF days monthly); Max 7 drinks weekly Max 30 drinks monthly.

8/8 M - Drinks (1) - Plan was AF
    8/9 Tu - AF
    8/10 W - Drinks (2) - Plan was AF
    8/11 Th - Drinks (1) S&R visiting. Did a good job sticking to my food plan. Allowed myself to have a hazy IPA and it was yummy!
    8/12 F - Drinks (3) - We cooked a seafood boil and drank cabernet. What a great evening with our friends!
    8/13 Sa - Drinks (3) - I decided to have drinks while S&R are here but with discipline.
    8/14 Su - Drinks (1.5) - We spent the morning at a local navel museum, then went to a favorite brewery at lunch for pizza. My small victory is that after drinking only 1 beer, I switched to water. I split a beer later in the day with hubby. My plan is to catch up with the AF days over the next couple of weeks.

@lmlmrn Great story! I've never heard of being refused when trying to purchase a second pair of earrings! You were a good sport! :smiley:

My weight is up almost 2 pounds but I'm planning to get back on track today. Next weekend we're heading to NC for MIL's birthday. Two weekends down and three to go! All good though. We're having so much fun and I AM adding water in between or after a single drink.

Rolling Total: 4 AF out of 14 days
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    August Accountability -
    AF 14 days

Last time I had a completely dry August was 2020. This year will probably be like a drizzle, not dry.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

I am going to make a note on my calendar to check in each day. I'm not sure why I quit checking in when I am not succeeding. Thank you for keeping this group going. It's been very helpful over the years.

Grieving is a tough thing, and the fact that you came back speaks volumes! Sorry to hear about your anxiety kicking up.

If I’m off my plan, I find that I don’t want to make my lack of tracking or going over my goal “real” by posting to the group. I have to consciously check in, even though the folks here are awesome! So that’s something to consider. Either way, great to hear from you! We’ve all had to do a Re-start at some point.
  • Womona
    Options
    Three drinks yesterday, and it was way too much. I didn’t even want it tonight. I have been on top of tracking starting today because of my upcoming nutrition appointment. I didn’t have room for wine anyway, so I had no problem being AF. Hmmm, maybe if I consistently log my food every day (and not just blow it off after lunch) I may actually make better choices and not go over my calorie limit. Hey, isn’t that what MFP is all about? Haha!
  • Womona
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Lilylady3k wow, you really did a great job of dodging those alcohol bullets! Great wine at home, and then book club? Wow. Impressive.

@globalhiker your sleep will get better soon! Your body is just re-adjusting to no alcohol, and trying to find that equilibrium between seratonin and dopamine, according to the Annie Grace 30 day program at least. Keep your chin up!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    @Breathe57103, nice to "see" you again. I really, really wish for good things to come your way.

@Lilylady3k you have some amazing willpower there. Your post is making me crave an oversized super-sour virgin margarita in a heavy glass, frosty with salt on the rim. I will have to find a lo-cal recipe.

@Womona, for me it's the diet or AF, I can't do both at the same time because that is just too much change for my brain to accept. Luckily, my appetite goes away when I am AF several days in a row. Now all I need is that frosty AF margarita for breakfast :)