@pipcd34
    Forgive me but I got to ask..what is with the numbers? 🤨
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    1derland99 wrote: »
    @pipcd34

Different ladies use numbers, or emojis to "bookmark" their place, maybe how far they read etc. Pip uses random numbers to keep us guessing😁🙃😂!
    By the way that bacon, pepper, cabbage dish sounds amazing!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,334 Member
    Options
    L - Lovely work! I had a good, long look through your website. :D<3 So sorry the stroke has taken some of the joy out of it.
    You have reminded me, I must do more dancing. Now the heatwave has broken, I will have a go. :p

Of course, I am awake in the middle of the night, but, heh, why shouldn't I be!? :laugh:

I love your photos, Mary. :D It looks so GREEN where you are! We are just parched, withered and yellow. Still no rain down here. Hopefully, tonight, or tomorrow.

Much love to all, and a huge thank you for all the support. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    79 78
    1derland99 wrote: »
    @pipcd34

No reason, just counting down to keep my place
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,334 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Karen, for posting the Kindle cover. <3
    The paperback is now live, with a slightly different design.
    1rz345ktan6s.jpg
    I have to choose from various templates they provide, so my photo is spread over the spine.
    It is nice to have an actual book to look at!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather UK, i am just tickled for you about this book! A major accomplishment; your heart and soul are in this book.

L, I. love. the. pyrography. Wonderful. You are a talent. ...AND your granddaughter is precious!

Mary, Nice photos! Please point out who you are in the photos of you as a girl.

Karen in Virginia

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Rebecca I’ve just read your post, I too have trouble with consistency. I start things with such enthusiasm only to fizzle out like a damp squib. I can’t even be consistent tracking/logging my food onto MFP. I look forward to reading suggestions and maybe put them into action.

I wonder if baby steps would help (this has helped me so much getting my house under control) Maybe I should start just logging one meal a day and when I am consistent with that, add in another meal. I might give that a try.

Exercise is another thing I really need to get consistent with too. My knee pain flares up if I do too much though, so I have to be careful what exercise I do.

Good luck with your goals, let us know how you are getting on.

Heather congratulations on the book.

My DD also called Heather has published a book on Amazon. It’s more for children, although I am enjoying reading it. She started writing it when she was around 14, she went back to it every few years and only decided to get serious about publishing a few years ago. It needed a lot of editing but she finally published it last year. She is hoping to get the second book published later this year.

We got caught in a thunder storm last night. We got soaked to the skin, our own fault, we should have walked Leah earlier. DD tried to take a photo of the lightening but it was too quick for her, it started off as light rain and we both thought it was quite nice and cooling, but then it came down in torrents and it was not so nice! We called it a day after about half an hour and dashed back to the car to go home.

Have to pop to the chemist this morning to get a sample kit for my mum, the district nurse is due a visit to give her an enema, poor mum.

Welcome newbies.

Better make a move. Take care and love to all
    Viv UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    VivUK, Would you share the title of the book Heather wrote? I'd love to read it.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    fd7jeqj8vxp8.png

Regarding exercise ...

I incorporate exercise into my day, most days.
    Part of my commute to and from work is walking.
    At lunch, I go for a walk to do errands or just to get out in the fresh air for a while, and away from my computer.
    I work in a multi-storey office building so I climb stairs. In fact, the way my current building is set up, the toilets are between floors so I do half a flight every time I've got to go to the toilet!

That's not a lot of exercise, but better than nothing.

Today, for example, I walked 3.3 km and climbed 7 flights of 20 stairs (about 45 minutes and 245 calories in total). That 3.3 km was all "errand walking". I booked an appointment at a clinic for my feet issues, stopped in at Officeworks to pick up a resin epoxy pour kit and acrylic paints, and stopped in at an OP shop to have a quick look at the books, and found a Richard Beasley book. I was pleased with my finds and that I got it all done within an hour.

Tomorrow, my lunch walk won't be so long ... just to the podiatrist clinic and back plus my commute walking = 2.2 km. I'll have to climb a few more stairs.

0pt7nlpp9rtu.png

In addition to incorporating exercise into my day, I also deliberately spend time exercising. This hasn't been as often as it should be over this winter, but as spring comes, hopefully I'll do more.

For the newcomers and those of us who have been here a while ... what is your favourite sport or exercise. :)

a50e64dycbs3.png

My favourite is front and centre there ... cycling. But I like a lot of the other choices. And you?

Machka in Oz
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Heather...Congrats on the book! I will find it today. Thankfully I have read this month's book club selection so am free to read what I want this month!

Barbie...I am 63 and when I am 76 I hope to write on this blig that I lost 50 pounds and kept it off. You are an inspiration.

I booked a writing conference for a.year from now. Richard Gere and Diane Lane made a movie at this location. I think it will be fun. I hope to be down from 185 to 162 by then. I wear the pedometer every day.