Replies

• Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie from GA
  • kamaphia
    kamaphia Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Heather - Congrats on the book! My childhood dream was to become a writer someday. I've attempted a few times to start something, but I get too frustrated and end up quitting. Maybe one day. I don't even really care if publish it. I'd honestly just like to be able to say that I wrote a book :smile: So I am in awe that you have written multiple books. That's amazing.

I found out how terribly out of shape I am. I jumped on the treadmill and walked for 30 minutes. Just walking and not even at a fast pace and the next day my hips were killing me. I tried walking the neighborhood the next day hoping it would loosen everything up and that made it worse. Fortunately, some Aleve and stretching have worked out most of the pain. But it is a real eye-opener because pre-pandemic I was walking a couple of miles a day with no problem.

On the plus side, the scale is inching downwards, so it is easy to remain committed while that is happening. It's when the scale refuses to budge (or goes up) that all my triggers start flaring up.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Heather in VA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :)Machka, thanks for the wonderful visual reminder about how to be more active.

:)Rosemarie, thank you for your kind words.

:)L beautiful pyrography

:)Heather, congrats on your book being published.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Karen I'm on the right, oldest in the first picture. I have my hair pulled back in the second picture and I am top left. Getting your hair tightly curled was in style back then! The only problem was when it started to grow out the top was straight and it couldn't be curled very well again! My hair was down to my waist and I ended up getting it cut short after that.

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    🌺🌻🌼🌷
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    SUE ~ I so admire you teaching water aerobics and I know you also play golf. Good for you being an inspiration to so many of us.

Carol in GA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Hi y’all. I’m having a rest day as my back is grumbling again.

Heather VA: Start with 5 minutes then add a few minutes every day. You’ll soon be back up to speed, so to speak.
    Machka: I totally agree that you have to build exercise into your daily routine. I do all of those suggestions, and even exercise during TV programmes at times as well as during ad breaks.

My favourite exercises is Dancing, but I do all sorts of other kinds. Variety is the spice of life after all 😝 Not keen on running, but I will have a quick, short jog from time to time.

L: I love pyrography pictures. Took a quick squint at your website. It’s a shame that you are having difficulty doing them now. Your g daughter is such a cutie.

@Rosemarie2972 You can do it a little at a time. Age is only a barrier if you make it one.

DH is making dinner for us. So I will go and set the table.

Hoping my back eases before our shopping trip tomorrow morning.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Heather congratulations on your book! I can't wait to read it 💞

Karen we have been going through our storage containers and I found quite a few old pictures!

csz7zse9vrpv.jpg
    46aiec58j2be.jpg

The pictures brought back memories and could have been of me and my family back in that day! Looks so familiar.

RvRita
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Rain today and hoping it keeps up as is a gentle rain and we need it.
    Sunday morning I ended up in the ER. During church had chest pressure and it was not getting better. Decided to be safe and have it checked out. Guess my blood is blowing bubbles. Not clots and they are going around my heart and lungs. So have follow up with the heart doctor, I was surprised as the office called me first thing yesterday morning to schedule. I do think most of it is stress and I have to let it go. I can not control my children or protect them. I do not want to go back on pills but may not have a choice. I was impressed with our ER. I have not been back there in years, the doctor looks 12 and he said oh I am 32. Thanks my oldest grandchild is 31. Now I feel old.

Heather--Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like they are having a lot of fun. Glad it is done and I will be looking for it in a couple days. Heather I am confused. You books about growing up are they in order (Me I Am) then (Therefore I am ) and now (Where Am I ). I have read windows and thought another one, but now not sure.

Rebecca--I so understand, I can make all these plans and they sound so good. Then one by one they just don't happen. Got to get moving. Keep telling myself one day at a time and just move.

Evelyn--Sounds like a very nice retirement BBQ.

L--Beautiful grand daughter. I agree just seeing my DGC in person or a picture and my day is better. Enjoy the videos and I like to dance to my own beat, so will have to work on that. Getting the the gym after work is not going well. After 10-12 hours I just want out of here.

Guess I am caught up and not a lot else going on. Really need a nap, but have almost 4 more hours at work.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 26min 22sec, 25elev, 4.13ap, 125ahr, 153mhr, 6.01mi= 639c
    Strava app = 741c