Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Breathe57103 - Talk about something that would trigger me too to drink. ((HUGS))
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hey Team! August and early September are challenging for me since every single weekend is packed full with either friends/family visiting or us traveling to see them.

Goal: 16 AF days for the month; no more than 7 in a week.

8/15 M - Drinks - Plan was AF - Last day with our visitors. I stuck to plan at first while they were here, but it didn't last.
    8/16 Tu - Drinks - Plan was AF
    8/17 W - AF - Getting back on track. We're heading to NC this weekend for MIL's 93 birthday. Plan is AF until camping trip the next weekend. I counted days and it's still possible for me to meet my goals for the month but I'll need to stick to plan. I need to stick to mostly AF days for the rest of the month.

Rolling total: 5 AF out of 17 days,
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k your little one is adorable! And growing so fast already!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    @joans1976

Very interesting that vacation is leading you to LESS drinking.
    Hmm. Drinking tied to work stress?

I am so glad that you are having a relax time. Although your staycation was not the plan, I feel like it is even better for you : - )

Enjoy :)
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    My sister came over for dinner and we still have my DIL and granddaughter here ...
    With my sister I usually end up drinking a lot more but DH & I kept it together.
    2 glasses of wine with dinner. It was a nice evening.

August accountability: 7 days AF
    Alcohol: 11 days (23 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    August AF days: 1,3,5,7,9, 12, 13,14, 15,17,18

2nd back-to-back AF done, of course my insomnia is sticking with me. I'll plan to make it through today.

@dawnbgethealthy say "hi" to Fred for us! Good to see you are enjoying your lakes over there!

@lmlmrn I read about your heat wave. Can you get in a couple of day trip out to coastal or cooler areas? I'd be driving out to the Cascades somewhere.

Side note: last night I read something new: alcohol depletes collagen AND it can stay in your hair. Over time, alcohol use can cause dry, brittle, breaking hair, and cause excessive hair loss.

Let Vanity be my motivation today. At my age, I need all the vanity (and collagen) I can get !
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    This thread has been a game changer for me and I sincerely appreciate every one of you!
    I joined in July 2022 and it has already made a big impact!

8/1-8/7: 5 AF out of 7
    8/8-8/14: 5 AF out of 7
    8/15: AF
    8/16: AF
    Yesterday while I was swimming I was really craving a drink. I’m not sure why. It passed by the time I was done swimming. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    8/17: AF
    8/18: AF I traveled about an hour yesterday to go to a different grocery store. A food paradise if you will. (I went for the cheese.) They had a very large alcohol section and I’m assuming some good AF options but it was so big and overwhelming, I just skipped it. And I likely would have ended up buying alcohol. Just didn’t want it.
  • joans1976
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Yes, staycation does agree with me….sleeping in, swimming everyday, cooking healthy meals, not just collapsing on the couch after work. My work is definitely a stressor. I have a million reasons to quit and a million reasons to stay. My best friend of 38 years died March 1 and I have been trying to figure out how to deal with that as well.
  • joans1976
    Options
    @Breathe57103 There are no words I can offer for comfort but I admire you for checking in here each day. This is a pretty awesome group of people. One day at a time.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - The remote lake looks lovely. Thank you for sharing.