Foods that make you gag...

Options

Replies

• StarGeezer
    Options
    Haven't seen this one listed yet...

Anything anise-flavored. Black licorice, jelly beans, "Black Jack" chewing gum... you name it, if it has anise or anise extract, it will make me hurl.

Spinach - baby spinach leaf buried in a salad, I can tolerate. As soon as you wilt, cook, or otherwise apply heat, it tastes like butt. And don't even get me started on that abomination that comes out of cans. It looks like algae coated with snot, and doesn't taste much better.

Coconut - Love the flavor, but the stringy, waxy texture of the meat is like chewing dental floss. Blech.

That's about it. There are things I'm not crazy over but will eat in a social setting to be courteous. But the above three... never.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I HAte JELLO!! it is so freaking nasty. and avacado and marshmellows, actually alot of stuff.....like collards.
    I wont eat Jello cuz Ive been to the hospital too often.

and I totally agree about anything black licorice
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Vegetables. Eating plants just doesn't sit well with me or my stomach...

Mayonnaise - I tried it, and was immediately sick into a nearby bin.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sardines... !!! My dad eats them on crackers. When I hear him pop the tin open, I'm out the door & gone for hours.
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken. Steak. Hamburgers. Anything greasy, bloody, or both I just cannot handle.

Only food that makes me gag is meat with veins (bloody or no -if I see a vein tube in my meat- it is over) or grissle or bone.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

Only food that makes me gag is meat with veins (bloody or no -if I see a vein tube in my meat- it is over) or grissle or bone.

I'm really, really struggling to keep the very juvenile part of me quiet right now.... :-D
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hummus, so many people like it here and I really tried to like it but it really makes me gag! Nasty Hummus

I don't like hummus either!! I don't get it and i've tried it several times.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    The only food I really can't eat is meat and fish. If I do get it in my mouth (I had an old boyfriend who used to try to bully me into 'trying' fish), I really can't swallow it.
  • DavisKarenR
    Options
    SOUR KRAUT!!!! OH THE SMELL . . . BLLLEEECCCHHH
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Anything from the inside of the animal! Please don't give me liver, tripe, heart, gizzards....barf!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Toss up between tomatoes and onions, yuck!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Sweet pickels, sweet and sour sauce.

When dating my husban his Mom was making homemade Chinese food for her son-in -laws birthday dinner. Bill gave me a piece of pineapple knowing that I would scarf it down, because I love fruit. I asked if it had sweet and sour sauce on it, before popping the yummy fruit in my mouth. Bill assured me that the pineapple was fresh, so I popped it into my mouth and as quick as it went in it flew back out onto the table while everyone was watching to see my reaction. I was embarassed and told them they are lucky I didn't vomit.
  • myarene
    myarene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mayo! It's just liquid fat! I especially get grossed out when someone is eating a sandwich and the mayo oozes out... Ewww!
    This!!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Asparagus! **dry heave**
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    MASHED POTATOES AND COTTAGE CHEESE...YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I got sick (like flu sick) after eating spaghetti squash and tomato sauce.
    Now even thinking about spaghetti squash and even typing it makes me wanna puke omg so baddd!!
    I know getting sick had nothing to do with eating it, but it's the correlation :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmm my FAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MASHED POTATOES AND COTTAGE CHEESE...YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Capers ugh!
  • missxeve
    Options
    Sheep heads. It's an Icelandic thing (I'm from Iceland). There is nothing worse than half of a sheep's head staring at you from your dinner plate. Disgusting.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    There is not a food on this earth that I do not like...

but I just thought I would reply since I took the time to read it.:wink:

+1. Except I would say just within the United States. American foods cooked in a manner that allows them to resemble to remain close to their natural form are so delicious. However, certain foods in Asia can get pretty....uh, exotic. I cannot eat cow blood cakes, blood sausages, insect larvae, canines, things of that nature...lol

Yep. My foods that make me gag would be blood sausage, and the cow hoof that I once found in my soup. Other than that, I'm pretty much down for anything! :)