August 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    …took it v.easy yday, and... So just had the energy today and felt good. No pain. So far.

This is the whole goal! What you are calling very easy is what you need to mix in one a more regular basis. Doing truly easy runs makes your workouts/hard efforts much more effective. Now, do it again!

Thank you!!! 😊
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    August total: 93.7/105 miles

8/1: 5.1 miles
    8/3: 5 miles
    8/4: 4.1 miles
    8/5: 5 miles
    8/6: 10 miles
    8/7: 4 miles
    8/9: 4 miles
    8/10: 4.1 miles
    8/11: 3.1 miles
    8/12: 3 miles
    8/13: 6 miles
    8/14: 2.8 miles
    8/15: 4 miles
    8/16: 3 miles
    8/18: 3 miles
    8/19: 3 miles
    8/20: 13.1 miles
    8/22: 2.2 miles
    8/23: 3 miles
    8/24: 3.1 miles
    8/26: 3.1 miles

Did a treadmill run after work today. I ran along a beach in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. It was lovely! I am working tomorrow morning too. Booooo. So back on the treadmill when I’m done. But at least it’s still a short one. I’m glad the weather will be better by the time I get back to longer distances. It’s routinely slightly cooler now, so we are past the worst of the summer. By cooler, I’m talking low 90’s versus low 100’s. By sunset it’s not bad at all but still too hot in the middle of the afternoon for me so probably still looking at the treadmill for another month or so.

Oh wow!!! You should totally upload pics of those beautiful runs along the beach
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Morning all !
    Today's run... Took it easier than yday. No aches or pains.
    yjuzawgycnkp.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I saw on my newsfeed that you did run today, so I hope it went well.

@Teresa502 Yeah for your ankle not being swollen after your walk. I hope you are able to complete your hike today with no issues.

Excellent mileage @SummerSkier ! Great pace on your run, regardless of which device you believe.

@eleanorhawkins You are a beast to get out and do what you can when it is so painful for you. I do hope they figure it out soon and that the diet helps until then.

You are doing great @martaindale . I love the "places" you are running.

Great running @shanaber . I hope you can get in some good workouts before the horrible temps return next week.

You are doing great @tarun_yadavA .
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Sounds like you had a great run this morning. I'm glad the shoes are working out for you.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Scott6255 - yep that was me who thought @martaindale was running and working in Costa Rica! Ha!! less I need to read more carefully/thoroughly 😂 I do think it would be really great though!
    Great job getting outside to get in a 10 mile run! The humidity is such a killer! I keep telling myself that in just a few weeks (I hope) we will be looking back on the hot and humid days in the rearview mirror!

@eleanorhawkins - I think the advice we gave @polskagirl01 also applies to you. If you go to the race and decide you can't run it then don't or go and run what you can and walk the rest. The biggest issue I think will be turning off the voice in your head that wants you to be super competitive and beat your previous time.

@polskagirl01 - awesome job on the 11k. It sounds like a really interesting place to run and that you had fun doing it! I hope it hasn't taken too much out of you and that you will be feeling ok tomorrow!

@yirara - you are doing great and your distances have being slowly increasing across the month!

Got out this morning for a SIT run and did my 40/40 sprint intervals. First I took Hobbes for a decent walk around the neighborhood, dropped him back home and did a slow run/walk to the trail and headed out to the dirt path by the river. There's no shade along there but it is nice and flat and a straight shot. When I started it was still partly cloudy with humidity in the 90's and when I finished it was clear and the humidity had dropped into the low 80s. It's not as warm this weekend so temp was in the mid-70s the entire time. When I was heading over to the trail I was doubting if there would be much actual sprinting because my legs were already feeling tired and unhappy. My plan was to run 10 sets out and 10 sets back, I somehow ended up with a few more though. My legs surprised me with the sprints feeling ok, maybe a bit slow. When I looked back at strata though they weren't any slower than my previous speedwork run and maybe even a bit faster. The last 4 intervals though my legs were dead and my pace really dropped off. I planned to do a slow run/walk back home but in reality I ended up walking most all of it.
    When I started running the sprints I noticed a few vultures circling overhead. They are very common along the river and because they are so big they make a very noticeable shadow when they soar overhead. On the way back I noticed they were down in the riverbed (very dry right now) sunning themselves and trying to stay cool.
    ETA - I joked with some guys walking that I figured they were waiting for me to keel over 😁
    There's nothing to compare them to, to get a feeling for size but with their wings spread they are much bigger than Hobbes if that helps...
    7lr0zrnu8abl.jpeg
    gqiyz3ox011p.jpeg
    Looks like I should easily make the 100 mile club this month! WhooHoo!
    vdhbvurot6ye.png
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins see how your week goes. You have until the race starts to decide. But also, don't take running advice from the guy who doesn't get running!

For real!

@polskagirl01 Great job on your race. It's good you were able to shift your mindset to your now-fitness and make the most of it. Your race shirts are so much more interesting than ones I get!