Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style (I post the next morning)

Thursday August 25 - AF - Planned drinks Friday and or Saturday. Getting close to my goal of 16. Working a split shift on Friday, so that would be nice for me to kick back and have a couple of drinks after that.
    Friday August 26 - 2 drinks. I was tired after working late, since I normally wake up around 5am. I might have drinks on Saturday too, the variety will depend on the weather which changed by 20 degrees this week. We might get rain or thunderstorms. Different cocktails for me on sunny days versus cool days. Gin cocktails are for hot and summery days only for me.

Rolling total: 15AF days out of 26 days
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    August AF days: 16. Only 4 days left.
    Can't wait for Aug to be over! Too hot!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    @Lilylady3k your cruise/tour looks cool. Go! If you come across any that are longer and cheaper, lemme know!!
    An organized tour can save you money and stress, especially if you don't have to rent a car and deal with all that (parking, fueling, different driving rules, toll, vignettes, the crazy rotaries, all of it stresses me out).
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    @lmlmrn, hey, this is an unpaid gig, if you want to wave your little stick thing, you go right ahead!!!!!
  • Womona
    Spent all day cleaning the house yesterday, and it was a beautiful, sunny day, but no one was home to sail with me. Planned to go sailing today, and it’s going to rain, so that’s out. Grrr, the weather and my families schedules should have been flip flopped! At least I won’t be drinking the two High Noons I had planned on the boat.

I split a Manhattan with my son at dinner Friday night after my glass of wine with dinner. It was a big pour! Last night killed off the bottle of wine, 1.5 glasses total. Plan on one glass tonight, that’s it.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    My sister was over for dinner ... margarita before dinner and 2 glasses of wine with dinner. Seems I always drink more with her around.

August accountability: 11 days AF
    Alcohol: 16 days (35 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

8/22 - AF
    8/23 - 3 wine (Start tracking when my sister is around)
    8/24 - AF
    8/25 - 2 wine
    8/26 - AF
    8/27 - 3 wine (Note my sister joined us for dinner)
  • Womona
    @Lilylady3k I have a friend who has the same effect on me, I always drink more than planned , all of the spirit of having so much fun together. Oh, I also love the quote.

@lmlmrn nice that it’s a paid job!!!! You wave those sticks, girl! Haha!

@malinda5903 welcome!! Glad your pneumonia is over. It’s amazing how much better our bodies feel with so much less alcohol.

Speaking of which, I had only one glass of wine last night, took me almost 3 hours to drink it, and to be honest, I didn’t even enjoy it. It’s what we normally drink, so not like it was a bad wine or anything. I also slept poorly, so I will remember this experience to get me through the end of August AF. Totally wasn’t worth it.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style (I post the next morning)

Thursday August 25 - AF - Planned drinks Friday and or Saturday. Getting close to my goal of 16. Working a split shift on Friday, so that would be nice for me to kick back and have a couple of drinks after that.
    Friday August 26 - 2 drinks. I was tired after working late, since I normally wake up around 5am. I might have drinks on Saturday too, the variety will depend on the weather which changed by 20 degrees this week. We might get rain or thunderstorms. Different cocktails for me on sunny days versus cool days. Gin cocktails are for hot and summery days only for me.
    Saturday August 27 - Drinks, small ones. I actually made a gin cocktail when the sun came out for a bit, then it began to rain so I put it in the freezer. I had a 1/2 shot of Bailey's in coffee at 11am, and then a few other 1/2 shot drinks later. Now for some more AF days.
    Sunday August 28 - AF - Had some weird AF pinot grigio sparkling pear thing, it actually was pretty good. Hit my 16 : - )

Rolling total: 16AF days out of 2 days