What's on your mind?

Replies

• piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,600 Member
    Regression and the ten signs of a childish adult.

Do you have the symptoms?

Perhaps poor impulse control, but the post wasn't introspective.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Just accepted a job based out of LA. It's going to be tough to say goodbye to Germany after 5 amazing years here😅 and even tougher to start afresh.
    Congrats though. I hope it’s a really good move for you
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Just accepted a job based out of LA. It's going to be tough to say goodbye to Germany after 5 amazing years here😅 and even tougher to start afresh.
    Congrats though. I hope it’s a really good move for you

Thank you, appreciate it :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

Louisiana or Los Angeles? Cuz I'm nosy.

And congrats! :)
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member

Congrats! Fresh starts are scary but try to trust the process ❤ Wishing you the best of luck.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    4e8ik4vhg1iq.jpeg

I was going to run out of August
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,521 Member
    Congratulations! Wishing you the best of luck.
  • happimess01
    glassyo wrote: »

Louisiana or Los Angeles? Cuz I'm nosy.

And congrats! :)

Haha Los Angeles and thank you :)
  • happimess01

Congrats! Fresh starts are scary but try to trust the process ❤ Wishing you the best of luck.

Yes, I'll try. Thank you for the kind words ❤️
  • happimess01
    cmsienk wrote: »

thank you, I am excited. Kinda.
  • honey_honey_12

I think it’s totally normal to be excited, kinda.
    It’s a big move and you’ve enjoyed Germany.
    But how exciting for you as a sweet, handsome, young man! 🥰
    An adventure ☺️
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    Didn't want to make a new thread about this, so this place is as good as any.

So I've been on MFP a couple of times with different accounts, I first started in 2018 then came back when I went on a new health kick.

Is it just me, or is the social aspect of the site completely different to how it was 4 years ago? Back then, I only kept a small friend list, but there was lots of interaction, liking of status, comments and general support. Even DMs, I felt like I got to know people.

New account and every time I add new people, they either don't interact at all, or just fade away and not log in for months at a time. I feel like I've left a party, then come back after it has died down.

Just me?
  • OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    _Dan1985 wrote: »

So I've been on MFP a couple of times with different accounts, I first started in 2018 then came back when I went on a new health kick.

Is it just me, or is the social aspect of the site completely different to how it was 4 years ago? Back then, I only kept a small friend list, but there was lots of interaction, liking of status, comments and general support. Even DMs, I felt like I got to know people.

New account and every time I add new people, they either don't interact at all, or just fade away and not log in for months at a time. I feel like I've left a party, then come back after it has died down.

Just me?

MFP missed their window. Now the site is literally a calorie counting app, and little else. They squashed the social part (good call, given that social media has amounted to nothing, in hindsight). 😁
  • OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member

It'll be great until you see the LA housing market
  • _Dan1985
    OnlyPans wrote: »

MFP missed their window. Now the site is literally a calorie counting app, and little else. They squashed the social part (good call, given that social media has amounted to nothing, in hindsight). 😁

Yeah, I deleted Facebook a few years ago but I did used to enjoy meeting and chatting to randoms on here. The forums are still quite busy but the app side of things feels depressingly dead compared to how it used to be.

Maybe they'll pull a Meta. Coming soon - VR Myfitnesspal.

• _Dan1985

Just me?

It happens…

Especially when you post at least one Dad joke in your feed every day, tends to drive them off.
  • _Dan1985

Just me?

It happens…

Especially when you post at least one Dad joke in your feed every day, tends to drive them off.

Dad jokes are funny… And hot.

You'd think so right? While ago I posted something about how MFP rewards you for streaks, but if I try it in Starbucks I get told to put my clothes on and leave.

Nobody was amused and not long after somebody deleted me B)

I know the English sense of humour doesn't always translate, but come on!

• honey_honey_12

Just me?

It is very different but…
    it also depends on your friends.
    I used to have too many friends now a small FL and I interact more with them and I’ve known them a long time.
    The changes in the forums is just plain weird.

• Lady_inthe_lakes
    Lady_inthe_lakes Posts: 3 Member
    Wedding done and dusted, house back to myself this weekend, new build is almost complete, no sleep and lots of packing to do for my hollibobs .. but for now a little Pilates and learning to do meditation 🧘🏻‍♀️ To try to get some sleeping in 🥴