Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    it’s complete bull *kitten* that we cant teleport yet

Or fly in our cars - but I guess we do walk around with computers in our pockets - I didn’t see that coming back in 88 - take the good with the bad I guess

There's an interesting thought experiment to be found in the Transporter from Star Trek. Since it demilitarizes (basically destroying it) then completely re-assembles it..

Is it a new person that is the end product of re-materialization or is it the same person? If our consciousness is transferred over, is really the only thing that makes us, us.

its the sci fi ship of theseus thought experiment
    This makes it make so much more sense to me
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Or fly in our cars - but I guess we do walk around with computers in our pockets - I didn’t see that coming back in 88 - take the good with the bad I guess

thats true and we all carry around super computers in our jeans and mostly use them to watch cat vids and troll post so maybe science decided we dont deserve the transporters

Damn teleport nazis - no beaming up for you!!!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,853 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    How much worse flying is these days
    Well at least it's not as scary as THE TRANSPORTER..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiNbDVQMRE
    Less scary maybe... but not less annoying. Exhibit A: these are the notices I got from Delta Airlines in the span of 90 minutes.
    r3xttuarxb0i.jpg
    e8a30fsyjbbs.jpg
    The first 6 notifying me that my flight was delayed from 12:30 to 1:30. The last one - at 11:50 - that it was back to departing at 12:30. 😑
  • Reckoner67_again
    Reckoner67_again Posts: 184 Member
    Options

thats true and we all carry around super computers in our jeans and mostly use them to watch cat vids and troll post so maybe science decided we dont deserve the transporters

to heck with what science decides, i deserve a teleporter
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    A complete lack of empathy and emotional intelligence must be part of the job requirements.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    maybe i’ll go to a carnival tonight and ride some rides, win some prizes or at least distract myself for a few hours
  • ermengarde22
    Options
    also the weather is changing and makes me want to trade in my pickup for a sports car and drive around with the windows down
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    also the weather is changing and makes me want to trade in my pickup for a sports car and drive around with the windows down

Get an 80’s Z28 with T -tops and a vanity plate the says SO COOL 😎
  • ermengarde22
    edited September 2022
    Options
    theres no way to eat a corn dog without it being phallic and this is a church sponsored event
  • OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    theres no way to eat a corn dog without it being phallic and this is a church sponsored event

Something something and beheld it was good
  • Reckoner67_again
    Reckoner67_again Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I don’t know, I think we’d probably need to see it to determine that. And also macros or whatever
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    Why does hot tub chlorine smell more than pool chlorine
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    The wedding I'm going to tomorrow
    Will any cousin's be there other than the dad of the groom? I really hope not.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

The heat - like chemistry and what not .. maybe ?? Idk I but I’ve convinced myself it’s definitely the heat
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

The heat - like chemistry and what not .. maybe ?? Idk I but I’ve convinced myself it’s definitely the heat

😀 You're so wise 😀
  • ermengarde22
    Options

I don’t know, I think we’d probably need to see it to determine that. And also macros or whatever

kinda like

2uyvn9l2vlki.jpeg
  • ermengarde22
    Options

you can only smell chlorine when it is actively fighting off pathogens and turns into chloramines, so the hot tub is probably dirtier

• Alinouveau2
    Options

Now solve my wedding problem tomorrow.
    Cousin's son is getting married
    His mom married a pedophile, my cousin spent lots of time with my family and spoke at my dad's funeral and made everyone cry saying my dad was his hero (my dad was awesome)
    I'm assuming his mom, pedophile wife, won't be there but I worry about other cousins who dislike me and my brother cause we had parents who fixed our teeth and doted on us.
    How do I make this less awkward? all family gatherings have been awkward my whole life.
    (Btw I'm but a snob....much. 🤣...but I was lucky to have parents who worked really hard to give us an idyllic life and didn't assume welfare was the way to work the system)

• CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options

His mom married a pedophile, my cousin spent lots of time with my family and spoke at my dad's funeral and made everyone cry saying my dad was his hero (my dad was awesome)
    I'm assuming his mom, pedophile wife, won't be there but I worry about other cousins who dislike me and my brother cause we had parents who fixed our teeth and doted on us.
    How do I make this less awkward? all family gatherings have been awkward my whole life.
    (Btw I'm but a snob....much. 🤣...but I was lucky to have parents who worked really hard to give us an idyllic life and didn't assume welfare was the way to work the system)

Maybe don't go? 😅
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Maybe don't go? 😅

We have to. My mom said so 🤣😂🤣😂