WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    Morning ladies
    Another day ..hopped in the shower and will be off to watch the little guy in a bit..
    Fed Alfie and got him outside..
    After watching him will snug up Miles car seat in Tracys car,and go get Homer out..
    And then home and do laundry..yipee..
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    Well done PIP!!! Love the hat, definitely deserved an award.

Nursing for ALS is a special task, Rosemarie. Freddy's dad had that. We tried to help him for as long as we could, but we had to call in expert help later. I do hope she works out for you. If not, you'll find someone.

That's certainly what I feel like, Lanette! HAHAHA!

Chat later!

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,283 Member
    edited September 2022
    Well done PIP!!! Love the hat, definitely deserved an award.

Nursing for ALS is a special task, Rosemarie. Freddy's dad had that. We tried to help him for as long as we could, but we had to call in expert help later. I do hope she works out for you. If not, you'll find someone.

That's certainly what I feel like, Lanette! HAHAHA!

Chat later!

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

Carla - I take it you are still employed? :) Please give us the scoop.

Lanette B)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    carol it looks great - phoof on your DH you keep the itch clean out clean up as long as you want!!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Belated best birthday wishes, Tracey!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    TRACEY & JONAH ~ Happy Birthday to you both!

muzapvnwgkz1.png
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,286 Member
    Tracey - how did I miss your birthday? Sounds like a fun time was had by all... What did he think of the dragon gift? Happy birthday (or belated as the case may be).
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    edited September 2022

I am trying to resize my photo. Evidently it did not work. Will continue to try to figure it out!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2022
    Tracey - cute kids and ceramics. Such careful work you do.

Lisa - (((hugs)))

Heather - I love hearing about your dates. It warms my heart.

Barbara - good idea, I could just leave some small task and maybe that would be enough to get me back to bed. Hmmmmm....

Carol - I am full of admiration for you for doing some sorting and organizing despite your husband. It would be so much easier not to, knowing he may go behind you and undo what you have done.

I have procrastinated for years, and so I have this enormous task. In retrospect, I realize that if I had spent 20 minutes cleaning out even one drawer or box or shelf a week for the last 20 years since I've been in this house, I would have cleaned/decluttered the equivalent of 1000 drawers, boxes, or shelves. Barbie's philosophy of doing a little at a time and seeing it add up is coming home to me now as I slog through those 1000 drawers/boxes/shelves. I am determined to wean down to the essentials and the items that truly spark joy. The happiness I get from gifting is a large part of my motivation.

I found a writing desk that will work as a drawing desk for my brother when he gets into a new apartment later this year. It was not expensive, I found it on auction. Not free, but reasonable.

I received the first SS check for my brother yesterday. I am so relieved that the woman who owns the group home is no longer in charge of Gary's money. I know she is going to try to get away without turning over what is still on account for him but she will have a surprise coming if she tries that.

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited September 2022
    Yeah Carol! Congratulations! I like that little painting above the lamp. Tell me about it.

Today I did all the insides of the windows! :D Looking goooooood!

I had an appointment to ring my friend L today at 1.30. When I rang she was in the supermarket! I was not amused. Of course she wanted to ring me half an hour later, but I said no. I made another appointment with her for tomorrow. If I say a time, I mean a time. I organise myself around that time. I put a reminder on my phone. I have other things to do, like cleaning! >:) She texted me a grovelling apology, saying she thought it was 2 pm. No, it wasn't.
    One thing she did say was that she had bought a copy of my latest book, WHERE AM I?, for her therapist. She wanted to tell me her therapist was happily raving about it. :p That cheered me up!

DH set off on a quest to get his hair cut, having fallen out with the local barber. He passed three barbers that were all shut, but finally found one, right in Hove, that did him an OAP reduction. He looks great.

Love to all. Last ever 'Shetland' tonight. :'( At least with the current hero/lead.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    edited September 2022

Debbie - I went to order something from Amazon today, when I looked at my cart it was $500. I looked and it seems my DH has added a 3D printer. I don’t see the necessity, but I’m curious if it is costly to operate.

First- happy belated birthday.

The filament to use in the 3D printer is not too expensive. There are many kinds- my dh uses one that is made out of corn so no toxic fumes beings he uses it in the garage and now has one at his mom's beings he is over there all the time.
    I actually ordered two rolls of a metalic rainbow filament for him for an anniversary gift(it is on Monday)
    I am glad that dh is selling some of the stuff he is making finally. He kept upgrading printers. I think this is 4, maybe 5 that he has bought. It started out with a deal, buy a certain amount of filament and get the printer free. Of course after a short while, he upgraded, and continues to do it.
    His project now , doing he thinks the last of the run, until someone orders another one- the phaser rifle from an episode of Star Trek- he puts electronics in them, skins in metal, etc.
    He has other things he wants to make but kept getting orders for these.
    The coolest thing he has made but sadly didn't sell, were lithophanes - look straight on and looks like nothing but hold it up to the light and you see the picture- he did personal ones, like a photo of him with his dad and our son.
    You can make amazing things with it. He got his first when he semi retired to give him something to do. He has always painted models but now makes the things then paints them.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA