NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Got home, prepped dinner, made coffee, sat down with youngest and decided if I was going to be watching telly with him I might as well exercise through it, so did another hour on the elliptical (he only watched telly for 20mins but once I was going, thought I might as well make it worthwhile 😁). Am now taking that “sit down” and saw that I have more calories left today than I woke up with!! I’ve burned more than I ate so far today 😁. Yay for me!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Maybe walking in the cooler weather would help the BP. What other changes have you made? Any changes to diet? Oh that's good you like the Samsung watch, I'm really excited to get it. You are right about loyalty lol. I've had Fitbits for years but they die every couple of years and I wanted something to give me more than what I was getting. You've got this, cbabie!

@gemwolf110 Oh no, I'm so sorry about your older dog. Poor pup. And your youngest pupper, I hope the laser therapy can help. Thanks for stopping by!

@Tamevv What a great idea! Congrats, great job.

Hi all. I'm doing okay, my migraine is gone, it was gone yesterday. I got a little snacky yesterday and got into Cheez-Its and pretzels. :( I guess I could have gotten into worse things. I started the metformin last night, that's the diabetes drug that is sometimes prescribed for weight loss (and that's why it was prescribed to me). There are a lot of nasty side effects for the first couple of weeks. Not guaranteed to happen but could: nausea, upset stomach, diarrhea, heartburn, gas, etc. So far, no side effects.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I gained .2 this past week..I know it's all the emotional eating and no exercise...so every day is a battle. I am determined to win this battle. I had to take. baby girl to Dr yesterday, she got 2 shots and she ran a fever in the middle of the night...I hate shots...I guess we just got the childhood diseases..LOL I guess this is a controlled mumps, measles...lol. So i am working in my head today what can I do to change me.. Yesterday the Dr said at least 1 serving of veggies and fruit at each meal...I am going to try that.. @theslightedgeforever Yes I hear your I told you...LOL

@trooworld Yes you could have gotten into the Oreos like I did...LOL. I pray you get no side effects.

@Tamevv Yea on exercising....you are making small consistent steps and doing great!!!

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    edited September 2022
    Options

@cbabie sorry bubs is sick. That’s always draining emotionally. For foods i load up on veggies with meals and save fruits for between meals - I always need sweet things in the afternoon 😊. Thanks for the encouragement, I do feel great this week, but can’t help expecting the sabotage to come - it always die sooner or later. Coming here is definitely helping delay it for now 😊
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Sorry about your gain but that's barely a gain, it's more like a maintain. I know it's not what you want the scale to do, though. You can and will win this battle, I know it! Poor baby girl. That sounds like good advice from your doctor. Thank you, it's been 2 days, and no side effects. It could happen when I go up in dosage, so stay tuned!

Hi all. I gained 1.2 lbs this week. I'm disappointed. I shouldn't be: I haven't been tracking. I did move more. I will try to track this week. I got my Samsung Galaxy Watch5 yesterday. So far, I love it. I don't have any real plans this weekend, just doing errands. I will probably go for a hike tomorrow morning with my husband. We went for a walk last night in a trendy neighborhood. Hopefully, we will go walking somewhere tonight, too.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I pulled a muscle in my side..UGH....life's little fun things...LOL. I still can't get away from the sweet tooth...I have heard my grandma in my ear all week...just something a little sweet to get that taste out of my mouth....went for a walk last night with baby girl and the park...

@trooworld glad you like your watch...and the saying is what goes up must come down..LOL I hope you enjoy your hike tomorrow

@Tamevv I understand that mentality of waiting for the other shoe to drop LOL. when you have a pattern of life happenings it's hard to think that the good will always e there. I want to challenge you when that thought comes to mind...say no ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD. :)
    I am trying to do the same...LOL

cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Options
    I’m feeling grouchy today. Happy Sunday. That is all.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Oh that sounds painful. Great job with the walk. Thank you! I hope it really does come down lol. The hike should be fun.

@Tamevv I hope your day gets better.

Hi all. I took two short walks yesterday, they totaled up to 34 minutes. One walk was with my husband in our favorite neighborhood, the other was by myself around a lake. I would have gone for more time by myself but it was hot and my knee was starting to hurt. Hiking today. We are leaving for hiking no later than 6:30 am, hopefully, that is early enough to beat the heat.

• Tamevv
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Morning all.

@trooworld Thanks, it got better. I didn’t exactly eat meals yesterday tho, just sort of cake…on and off…all day 😊. It was yoghurt and blueberry tho, so not all bad, oh and an almond thing too…. But I tracked everything and did two long stints of exercise so came out not too bad. Knees got a bit sore and I felt like today might not happen, but up-n-at-em, did my elliptical this morning and ready for the meeting about my son. Wish me luck 😞

Also I love the sound of a walk around a lake - I have a river near work so will make that my lunch break (if the rain clears).
  • trooworld
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @Tamevv Some days are like that :D . I'm glad it got better. You've got this, Tamevv! Walking near a river at lunch sounds like stress relief to me! I hope you get to go.

Hi all. We didn't end up leaving for the hike until 7, but we still beat the heat. It was nice as far as the temperature goes, but we didn't like the trail: too many switchbacks and it would have been really easy to get lost. We hiked for about 35 mins total. Not that long, I know, but my goal is to do intentional movement for at least 30 mins a day, so I did that.

I signed up for the Healthi app last night. I don't know why I did that, I still have 3-4 months stuck in the WW plan. Healthi used to be known as iTrackBites but got renamed. It's similar to WW but the premium membership is only $34.99 a year vs WW's monthly cost.

I'm going to start weighing myself daily. I used to do it once a week, but I think I need more accountability.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

1bcsyy8b1y2v.png
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I forgot to take my BP yesterday morning before church, but did later and it was in the 120's...maybe I should take it in the PM LOL....I didn't exercise at all, didn't track, but I am still working on me.... I am really trying to not let things(people) get to me...that is what causes the over eating, high BP, etc.. yesterday I was so proud and I cried like a baby...the Sunday School teachers were brought up on the platform so Pastor could acknowledge the work they do and they had brought Baby girl with them...the Pastor was done and her teacher said she was going to sing....imagine my surprise....she grabbed the microphone and belted out with out fear or timid...the B I B L E, that's the book for me...I just cried...I love that she has music within her...Music has always been my go to and I love to sing, just wish I could play the piano....I think it would be a de-stressor..LOL So on to the new day.

@tamevv great choice to get on the elliptical before your meeting....You are doing such a great job making choices...I pray it was a good meeting!!

@trooworld that view is beautiful....you met your goal and that is good...You know I think the daily weighing keeps me on track...I need to go back to that too...how did you put the picture with the stats..LOL. you are already ahead of me..

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie 120s is great! I'm glad you are working on letting things go. Awww, baby girl! How sweet! Yeah, I'm hoping the daily weighing will help. How did I put the picture with the stats? In Samsung Health, I clicked on VIEW HISTORY under exercise, then I clicked on something specific, like my hike from Sunday, then when I was in that, I clicked the share button (Kind of looks like a sideways "V" with dots on the end), then it gives you two choices: chart or image (underneath the chart) and you can choose what to show on the picture. I hope that helps!

Hi all. I really made an effort yesterday to walk more while at work. When I went to the bathroom, instead of going straight there, I took the long way around and back. I took a quick walk. But by the afternoon, my knee was bothering me and I was limping to walk anywhere so I gave up my quest for more steps. I ended the day with 6,801, my goal is 6,000. I ate okay yesterday: I did bring brownies to work that my husband made and I had two small brownies. I need to try to stay out of those today.

Water yesterday: 70 oz

• Tamevv
    Options
    @cbabie Thank you - the meeting went as expected and no new surprises which is good. Am really hoping tomorrow is a re-settling day, I’m exhausted. It’s never too late to learn the piano 😁

@trooworld I like detours to take the long way to a destination - makes even small trips feel more interesting. And taking odd routes means you often notice new or interesting things. Little mini-time-outs 😊.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. I took a trip to see some relatives. Back with my daughter now. I went to the gym today to get my program back in order. I need some groceries so I can resume eating healthily.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv True! Great points. How are you doing?

@theslightedgeforever Great job getting back to the gym. Get right back on the program.

Hi all. I tried to get more steps in yesterday. Starting at about 11:30, I tried to walk around the building nearly every hour. It really got my steps in! I was able to close all my rings around my "heart". My knee didn't hurt yesterday, I think it helped to break up the activity. I also drank a ton of water yesterday.

On another note, Healthi app is going well. They even have the "Healthy Checks" like WW used to have! I love it.

Water yesterday: 80 oz

cfswjvmax85b.jpg
    xyhll6vsbgy3.png
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Hi @trooworld. Today was a better day - thanks for checking in 😊. I ate pretty well but still snacked a bit, but am making much better choices when I do and am much more conscious of it. Finally got my walk along the river today - I just walked out 5 minutes before I was due for break hoping that if I left before anyone else no one would be able to “grab” me on the way out 😁. Then tonight had some time to kill so got back on the elliptical and did another hour. DH came in and said he was tired just watching, then he stayed and chatted to me for a while so I just kept going. Am off to bed now tired and satisfied with the day. I’m glad to hear you’re loving the new watch and Healthi app. And proud of your efforts with walking and drinking. Yay for us both 👏😊
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I know it's been a while since I've posted and I just wanted to come and say that I probably won't be posting for the forseeable future. My recreational computer time has greatly diminished. I hate when long time posters just up and disappear so I wanted to let you all know. I will still be seeing some of you over on F2F but for the rest of you, I so wish you the very best in all you are doing. AND...you never know, I might just pop in from time to time to make sure you are behaving! :)<3
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I love all your pretty graphics. It looks like you are doing really good. Woohoo on all the water.

@tamevv Excellent choices and with all the exercise. All these little things will add up.

@teresaw1020 I was thinking about you the other day. I think I saw a beachbody ad. Thanks for letting us know about the changes in your life right now.

I had to force myself to the gym today but I did it. I did a reduced program but I went. I'm still physically tired from my trip. But I tracked my food despite me going over. So I'm on my way back. It's all the little things that will add up. I still need to get some groceries so I can have some healthy food in the house.

Today: 7/24 f&v: none
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Good. I'm glad it was a better day. What do you think made the "switch" to better choices? Great job with the river walk! And then the elliptical! Thank you for your support. Yay for us!!!

@TeresaW1020 Hugs to you, Teresa, and I'm glad I will still see you over on F2F. I'm glad you let us know.

@theslightedgeforever I am! I do love the graphics as well. Great job making it to the gym when you didn't want to go! Get those healthy groceries. ;)

Hi all. I did my new routine of walking all the way around two of the three buildings on campus to get to the bathroom and by the afternoon, when my watch congratulated me for making my goal of 6,000 steps, it asked me if I wanted to up my goal to 7,000 steps so I said yes! I ended the day with 7,062 steps. :D I know that isn't what it should be, it's recommended to get 10,000 steps, but that's really hard to do when you have a sedentary job as I do. I've been eating pretty decently, too.

Water yesterday: 80 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Hi all, I am a little more than overwhelmed this week. I have not eaten well, or exercised or done anything for my self. I am trying, its too important, so I promise I am trying to put boundaries and discipline in my life. I have a newborn in the house now...he was in NICU and is now home...1 month old. so things are changing again. So my goal today is to put an exercise plan in place and boundaries in my food choices...sometimes just to tired and grab wrong food....goals goals goals.

@Tamevv I am so proud of you, you are working your plan.

@trooworld I will try to start using the picture part...LOL. I love the choices of watch faces..:). you are doing well

@theslightedgeforever glad you are back and getting yourself back on track..Family is important so glad you got to go there.

@TeresaW1020 Sorry to see you off the board, but know you are doing what is good for you and I am happy for that.

Cbabie