WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited September 2022
    Karen - What a spirit Josephine is. I think the feeling I have is - "It's so UNFAIR!" And then, of course, the parents ......
    Too much suffering. But I bet she is not a self-pityer. <3

Lisa - HUGS for all the emotions. All the feels. Men are good for lots of things, but women are soooo much better at empathy. I liked the definition of a best friend I read once, and I may have posted it on here.
    A best friend is someone who, when you wail inconsolably, "They've discontinued my favourite flavour of crisps! Waaah!" says, "The bas tards!"
    In exactly the right tone of voice.
    Love to you. You can moan at me anytime. I hate all the bas tards. (Not real ones, you understand. They're just fine.)

My DDIL hates cooking. This is Edie's take on the matter.
    Mummy hates cooking and we hate her cooking. She gets very angry, because we don't appreciate it. But she's terrible at cooking.
    :p:p:p
    My son is a cooking genius. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,794 Member
    jam0525 wrote: »
    RvRita,
    Yes, I have been to Bottomless Lakes and Roswell many times. I will be heading to Alamogordo sometime this winter. Maybe we can meet up.

Jeannie in Ed

Please send me a friend request. My app is wonky right now!

RvRita
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2022

My DDIL hates cooking. This is Edie's take on the matter.
    Mummy hates cooking and we hate her cooking. She gets very angry, because we don't appreciate it. But she's terrible at cooking.

:p:p:p
    My son is a cooking genius. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

:D:D:D My son is also a cooking genius. My daughter-in-law has a few dishes she does very well. She is quite happy to defer to my son for most of the cooking. He is from a long line of good cooks (my mother's entire family, especially the men, are fabulous cooks.)

I love Edie! What a girl.

Karen in Virginia
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Good morning. Did water aerobics but we can only go for a few more days as the nighttime temps are getting in the 60’s.
    Barbie- we hadn’t had a pet for many years until we got our Shed Tzu pup three years ago. I didn’t fully understand the depth of love for a pet until then. So sorry for your loss. Bernie was beautiful.
    Suebdew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/yogi to stores and back- 2hrs 2sec, 108ahr, 136mhr, 36elev, 3.47ap, 7.08mi= 720c
    Strava app = 867c
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    DD came home sick yesterday. She came out to feed horses this morning and I could tell she still was not feeling well. I had most of it done so she just helped finish up and came back inside to have a little breakfast. She took a Covid test and it was negative so glad about that. She has not been ill in over 2 years so this has her down, she is back in bed.

Having a quiet day today, think I will see if I can get some decluttering done. I think maybe soup for dinner tonight or it may be a yoyo night.

Katla - glad your DH is doing better. Change is always hard.

KJ - glad your DH will go see the docs and hope they can help.

Hope Josephine the ballerina is able to get the help she needs at St. Judes.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Not much going on, just work. Vince put up this tree in the sunroom. It’s macrame that MIL made. No work tomorrow so that means I get to exercise. The plan is to do a DVD for the rebounder and then some of an Abs with Jackie DVD. Then, hopefully, a walk.

Lanette – we’re up to 9 trees now. I already have the popcorn strung (remember when I was doing that?) Michaela looks so cute

M – good luck on your test. When are you going for it? Which medications are your husband on?

Rosemarie – LOL using your bangs to cover worry lines!!!!

Jess called yesterday to say that she got a hamster! At least we can give her the hamster stuff we have (ball, tubes, etc) and get that out of the house. Not like I need that any more

Viv – congrats on winning that prize!

Karen – yup, you can skip the boil stage when making yogurt if you use Fairlife milk. I’ll go with boiling for the added cost of the difference in Fairlife vs. regular milk.

Jeannie – welcome back

Rita – glad you got the tooth taken care of

Leigh – welcome. I have a cousin who lives in St. Augustine. We own a condo in Titusville

Evidently they’re still talking about the altercation at BK last week. I still don’t know (or care to know) what happened.

Rebecca – lovely pictures

Heather – what is that around the cake? Looks like some sort of cookie. Did he made a bar cookie and break it up? Happy Birthday to Edie. Oh, I see it’s honeycomb

katla – so glad your husband is improving. Here’s hoping he’s back with you real soon. Sounds like he will be

Karen – so sad about Josie. But I know that at St. Jude’s she’ll get the best of care. It definitely IS unfair!!!

When the guy put in the bushes in the front, he had to take out two pieces of border. I got Vince to put them back today since it’s not sunny or hot. Got that in. I thought he’d want to put in the landscape lights now, but he doesn’t. Well, what can I say? At least the border is in. Vince was saying that he'd upset that the guy; didn't put the border back. But if he had, Vince wouldn't have been happy and I told Vince this. He agreed but he still feels the guy should have put the border back. If he had, he wouldn't have done it the way Vince would have and he would have been upset. Oh well,

Church tonight.

Michele NC
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 432 Member
    Heather: Nice picture of Edie with her birthday cake!

Lisa: Enjoy your emotions and your full humanity!

Lanette: Glad your getting over the COVID!

KJ Kelley: Hope your son gets the job

Machka: I wonder if the gardening did cause the pinched at the peroneal nerve. I dusted the baseboards last year and had knee pain from this and ended up with a steroid shot. So as we age, these "simple" tasks can aggravate the knees.

VIV from Uk: hope you got to sit on the patio

Karen: Hope Joise can get into a clinical trial.

Michele: Good idea! I think I will get some Halloween earrings! I did purchase some hay from Ace hardware and have 2 scarecrows on order from Wayfair. The UPS truck is here as I type so I will be putting together a yard decoration! Have always admired those others have had!

Annie: That is just too much bureaucracy for me. I would be fit to be tied!

Jeannie and RV Rita: I lived 2 years in Gallup NM in the 80s. Did a lot of sight seeing...went to Roswell once , but Tao, Sante Fe, quite a bit and Telluride and Durango in Southern Colorado!

Leigh: We toured St. Augustine and had a nice day with wonderful weather! I remember there was a fort there and we went in all around it!

Vicki: Better this employee quit. She is not happy and this is not a good fit. Will not be easy to find actionable goals for her to change her behavior. I don't envy you dealing with her.

We had a nice day yesterday, My son came around 9 am and stayed until 8pm. We are big Federer fans and we watched him retire from professional tennis with tears in our eyes. His elegance and playing ability have given us all a lot of pleasure through the years. My son helped my husband with the new eye gaze computer. Today has been quiet, but we are both tired from yesterday. I have a caretaker coming in the morning and hope to make it to church. I would love to take a walk after if there is time. I did jumping jacks today and toe touches just to get a little exercise in. I get about 7,000 steps in with caregiving.
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 432 Member
    Rosemarie from GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Evening ladies
    Wasted day for me allergies kicked my butt,sneezing and blowing my nose all day.. flonase no help.. just took nyquil.
  • pipcd34
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Not much going on, just work. Vince put up this tree in the sunroom. It’s macrame that MIL made. No work tomorrow so that means I get to exercise. The plan is to do a DVD for the rebounder and then some of an Abs with Jackie DVD. Then, hopefully, a walk.

Lanette – we’re up to 9 trees now. I already have the popcorn strung (remember when I was doing that?) Michaela looks so cute

M – good luck on your test. When are you going for it? Which medications are your husband on?

Rosemarie – LOL using your bangs to cover worry lines!!!!

Jess called yesterday to say that she got a hamster! At least we can give her the hamster stuff we have (ball, tubes, etc) and get that out of the house. Not like I need that any more

Viv – congrats on winning that prize!

Karen – yup, you can skip the boil stage when making yogurt if you use Fairlife milk. I’ll go with boiling for the added cost of the difference in Fairlife vs. regular milk.

Jeannie – welcome back

Rita – glad you got the tooth taken care of

Leigh – welcome. I have a cousin who lives in St. Augustine. We own a condo in Titusville

Evidently they’re still talking about the altercation at BK last week. I still don’t know (or care to know) what happened.

Rebecca – lovely pictures

Heather – what is that around the cake? Looks like some sort of cookie. Did he made a bar cookie and break it up? Happy Birthday to Edie. Oh, I see it’s honeycomb

katla – so glad your husband is improving. Here’s hoping he’s back with you real soon. Sounds like he will be

Karen – so sad about Josie. But I know that at St. Jude’s she’ll get the best of care. It definitely IS unfair!!!

When the guy put in the bushes in the front, he had to take out two pieces of border. I got Vince to put them back today since it’s not sunny or hot. Got that in. I thought he’d want to put in the landscape lights now, but he doesn’t. Well, what can I say? At least the border is in. Vince was saying that he'd upset that the guy; didn't put the border back. But if he had, Vince wouldn't have been happy and I told Vince this. He agreed but he still feels the guy should have put the border back. If he had, he wouldn't have done it the way Vince would have and he would have been upset. Oh well,

Church tonight.

Michele NC

Michele, I don't use Fairlife milk. Just ultra pasteurized whole milk or half and half. Not expensive.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    I did my dumbbells Yay! 30 reps. But I'm still eating way too much. Gotta find my way back step by step.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :) Our big adventure today was going to the library to get a new book that was on hold (one copy for each of us), It's the new book by Richard Osmond call "The Bullet That Missed". It's the third in the series about a group of amateur sleuths that call themselves The Thursday Murder Club. They are all over 70 years old and live in a senior residence. When I heard that the new book was coming out, I requested that the library purchase it, so when they did, I became number one on the list to get it. Fortunately they bought several copies so Jake was able to get on the list to get his, too, as soon as it arrived.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34