Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hello group! 🦋
    Maybe a sober October?

10/1-10/7: AF
    10:8: AF By the skin of my teeth! I’m not sure what happened but I went to the store and bought vodka and a mixer. Brought it home, chilled it and then didn’t drink it because I was afraid of the hangover! 🤷🏻‍♀️
    10/9: AF
    10/10: AF
    I dreamt about this thread last night but I can’t remember in what way. Odd.
    Today marks 30 days AF for me. Before that I think it was August 20ish. On both of those days I had half a drink. I have mixed feelings about this. I think the main ones are proud and anxious.
    10/11: AF
    Well, my job has finally made me physically ill to the point where I couldn’t work yesterday I was so sick. I felt better in the evening so I job searched. Next to brush up my resume and start submitting. I really wanted to try to stick this job out for the 50 hours of vacation time I have coming to me but at this point, I have to get out!
  • joans1976
    Options
    @pezhed When I first joined this thread that exact thought actually stopped me from drinking a couple of times. Even though no one here has ever shown judgement or expressed a harsh word. Our minds can be so hard on us sometimes!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Welcome @krishjaye ! My goals are the same. Believe it or not, it IS possible to break the daily drinking habit. I found the resources at the top of the thread to be very helpful.
  • Womona
    edited October 2022
    Options
    AF last night.

It was my day off yesterday, and yet again I planned to get a whole lot done (finish my bills/paperwork, clean the house top to bottom, run errands). Yet again, I did the bare minimum ( went to the market and picked up a prescription). I just collapse into a heap on my days off, and just want to lie on the couch and read. I have hours to get a lot of stuff done, and I just don’t want to do any of it. I don’t even want to go outside for a walk or bike ride! What gives? It’s not like I was hung over.
  • Womona
    Options
    @Breathe57103 so glad to hear you are financially independent. You are indeed blessed. You worked hard for that. I found that working part time is the perfect solution to keeping your brain engaged.
  • joans1976
    Options
    @Womona Believe me, I have pondered taking my vacation time , then quitting. That would be hard for me to do morally but every time my stomach turns or I lay awake at night due to stress, I get closer to scoffing at morals. I have a beach vacation planned December 17th and it’s getting here quick, so I may not even start a new job until after I use the vacation time. It’s just hard to know what the future holds!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    @Womona
    It is okay to lay on the couch and read. I am jealous of that actually!
    I am sure that you are tired, and a day off can indeed be a rest day.
    Now if I can just adopt that mindset. Not this month though, so much harvesting and winterizing to do in the garden as the weather is quickly taking a turn. Somebody please remind me in November to take one of my days off and lay on a couch and read!

@joans1976
    Take some of your vacation days/pay. 50 days is a lot, 5 weeks.
    I hope that you take sick days for the rest of this week.
    How long is your beach vacation, and where are you planning to go and for how long?

I find when starting a new job if you tell them upfront that you have already booked and paid for a vacation away they are usually fine with that. A modern company really does want their staff to have a work/life balance, it leads to increased productivity.

I am so sorry that the nightmare job has now made you physically ill. Big hugs.
    Kudos to you for not reaching for a bottle.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    Hi : - )
    I am Dawn.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I joined this group in November 2018, and had my very first AF day in many many years then.
    My usual goal is 16-20 AF days per month, and have maintained that for a few years until September of this year when I had only 14AF days (couldn't resist the daily Margaritas in Mexico I guess).

I do this diary style.

Friday October 07 - Drinks - Planning on drinks for Saturday also and then AF most weekdays for next week except for maybe one. If I stick to 4AF days per week I can reach my goal of 16AF days for the month. Monday is a holiday here (Thanksgiving) but I am working a split shift that day (stat pay) so I will be AF Sunday night.
    Saturday October 08 - Drinks. Planning AF for Sunday, I may or may not have drinks Thanksgiving Monday.
    Sunday October 09 - AF - Made a beautiful AF Cherry Daquiri, 5 calories.
    Monday October 10 - AF - Planning AF until Friday. My friend moved away who I normally have Apricot Brandy mixed with Espresso Bailey's with on Thanksgiving Day. I worked anyway, so even if she had been here I couldn't have indulged.
    Tuesday October 11 - AF - Felt like having drinks, but my work days are way too long for the next couple, so I have to feel as healthy as possible and drinks might change that.

Rolling total: 7AF days out of 11 days.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Good day to everyone!
    AF last night....close call but I did.
    I love the AF cocktails ideas! I am going to have to invest in a few more flavors I am thinking LOL

I know this is a quick fly by but I am off to do some sheetrock work, fun times. xx

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    10/1- A
    10/2-10/3-10/4-10/5 AF
    10/6-10/7- 10/8 - A
    10/9-10/10 10/11- 10/12 - AF
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I'm still around, AF and pigging out on carbs too much. AF 11/12 days so almost sober October....

Working too much, sitting so long my butt is beyond Kardashian size. Pants don't fit :(

Where's everyone's vacay photos?

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    October accountability: 5 days AF
    Alcohol: 7 days (16 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

10/11 - AF; Home alone
    10/12 - 3 drinks ; 2 wine + bourbon & Diet Coke