• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Allie I have no idea how to PM you! Can you send me a message first then I can respond. I have no idea what blood type I am. My husband is O positive so he was considered a universal donor. I'll call my Doctor and find out what I am. His coworker is going on 14 years with his and her doctor said it is as good as new!

Update: I think I figured out how to PM!

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Allie my husband donated his kidney to his coworker. I was going to donate mine to my brother but he died.
    Tell me where you live and who your Dr is and I will find out if I'm a match for you. You can let your Dr know that you may have someone willing to donate and then they will send me a kit to see if I'm a match.

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Wonderful! You are both very compassionate giving people! 💕💕😘🤗🫂
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Lisa- that was a hysterical and lovely obituary all in one..
    I bought a book called Im dead now what.. it has every concevable thing in there you will need to leave to whoever is going to take care of your things after you pass. Im still working on the book.
    I went down and got my pneumonia vaccine and then filled the tank ( ouch) and got the clothes out of the dryer..
    So now im going to relax for a bit..
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Oh Heather, that's horrible! I'm so sorry you had to go through that with your mother. Sickening what people think they can do to our elderly or vulnerable of any age. I worry about that with my mom too, but my brothers are close and go in to see her pretty regularly and we have a close friend who works there, so we're pretty confident of the staff there.

Rebecca, I'm right there with you, BUT we're actually leaving on Monday to go up north for real! Got permission to take two addional days added onto our edMN convention break (which I don't have to participate in). SO excited to just LEAVE and relax.

Allie, sending many prayers.

OMG, had no idea what funerals cost until Shawn died! And they want CASH! That threw me for a loop. I thought everyone dealt in plastic, but nope. They wanted cash or a check only. Geez. Thank God we had our checkbook with us because no one else even had a checkbook. I know that I just want to be cremated and I want the girls to have a big'ole party with LOUD MUSIC and all of my favorite foods! I actually have already planned it for them.

Catch ya tomorrow!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Lisa - Your obituary is simply wonderful. And a timely inspiration. I'm completely psyched now.

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Brilliant Lisa. Must get going on mine. :p

I love it that we can talk about this. So many people can't. <3

My meatballs were amazing. I use the Lisa method - baking. It gave me 32 balls. Enough for 3 meals.
    Here they are in the tomato sauce. 🍅
    6jam9r6h7c57.jpg

Much love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Heather! So funny, I've got Corey picking up the makings for meatballs too... we do keep trying a few store-bought things here and there, but ours are just better tasting by far, and we know what's in them...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I've just downloaded to my Kindle, THE SELFiSH PIG'S GUIDE TO CARING by Hugh Marriott. I was inspired by all the experiences of the carers on this thread. Plus it may fall to me one day. I haven't read it yet.

Both DH and I are relieved at the resolution of our technical problems. My Kindle wasn't connecting to the Internet and his newish laptop was not able to connect to the printer. :# We rebooted the router, which solved my problem and he reinstalled the printer. All good. :D

Lisa - the meatballs are an awful lot of faff, even with the baking method, but so worth it! I love having the reserves in the freezer.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Dd
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    On page 22
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 30min 31sec, 23elev, 4.0ap,116ahr, 165mhr, 6.30mi= 630c
    Strava app = 772c
    Other- PT therapy exercises, 3sets of 10 each, 3 different exercises 17.36min= 79c

Total cal 709
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I visited DH at his care facility this evening. I think he will stay there a bit longer and then will join me in our apartment. I look forward to it. <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Have the windows open.. getting the fresh air while I can...
    Tom,Elena and Homer left at 2 this morning and got as far as South of the Border right over the line in South Carolina.. and will get up early in the morning and it will be another 10 hrs down to there place in Florida..
    This wont be a pleasure trip and I hope he has enough insurance to cover the repairs..
    Tomorrow im hoping to get some things done around here..