15 pounds to lose challenge November 1 - January 31, 2023

Options

Replies

• taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Mentally ready to get back into weight loss. Started weighing myself again last Thursday, so while I weigh in every day, I will use Thursdays as my official weigh in date.

CW: 234.7
    GW: 219.9

Nov. 3--234.7
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met a friend for breakfast yesterday and all 3 of us ordered off the senior size section of the menu and the portions were still huge. No wonder it is so hard to eat right in a restuarant! This week my goals are to drink even more water, no alcohol at all during the week- perhaps into weekend too, we will see, and keep getting 8 to 10K steps in daily. The weather has been so mild I have no excuse not to walk. I have also been starting my days with positive affirmations and a 5 minute meditation from you tube I like.

Have a healthy day, my friends!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Would love to join in. 15lbs loss would be brilliant for me. Good luck to all 😊
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Ugh ... tomorrow is my week 1 weigh-in and I already know this week is a bust! Angst!!!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,803 Member
    Options
    Walela617 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My normal weigh-in day is Thursday because I belong to a group wellness program run through Mass General Hospital Diabetes Center called "Path to Lifestyle Change" and our group meets on Thursdays (conference calls). I don't have diabetes (yet) but I have both Type I and Type II in my family so this is more of a prevention program. I would also like to stave off heart disease and other ailments as well for as long as possible by adopting healther habits.

I did put some weight back on following my COVID bout, when I wasn't eating much of anything for about a week; so my starting weight for this group (Thursday, November 3rd) is 154.0. We are required to show our feet on the scale each week for the program, and I also have some stats to share from my Renpho scale app; so here goes:
    ik53s98notvq.jpgvrn96tq5moi4.jpg

How about that for honesty, LOL! I'm just doing this for me. To show how far I've come since I started the program on September 1st (9 weeks ago yesterday), below illustrates my progress (though it's showing my post-COVID weight and I've bounced back up a bit since then):
    0nqqe93kf1ow.jpg
    It definitely does help to have a side-by-side comparison to try to help keep me on track.

[I should note here that from my starting weight on 9/1/22 to my weigh-in yesterday (11/3/22) I have averaged a loss of 1.4 lbs. per week.] I hope to lose at least 1 lb. per week (but not more than 2 lbs. per week) in this challenge.

I will post my progress here every Thursday.

Very best wishes to all and have a great weekend! (Carole)

Walela617 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My normal weigh-in day is Thursday because I belong to a group wellness program run through Mass General Hospital Diabetes Center called "Path to Lifestyle Change" and our group meets on Thursdays (conference calls). I don't have diabetes (yet) but I have both Type I and Type II in my family so this is more of a prevention program. I would also like to stave off heart disease and other ailments as well for as long as possible by adopting healther habits.

I did put some weight back on following my COVID bout, when I wasn't eating much of anything for about a week; so my starting weight for this group (Thursday, November 3rd) is 154.0. We are required to show our feet on the scale each week for the program, and I also have some stats to share from my Renpho scale app; so here goes:
    ik53s98notvq.jpgvrn96tq5moi4.jpg

How about that for honesty, LOL! I'm just doing this for me. To show how far I've come since I started the program on September 1st (9 weeks ago yesterday), below illustrates my progress (though it's showing my post-COVID weight and I've bounced back up a bit since then):
    0nqqe93kf1ow.jpg
    It definitely does help to have a side-by-side comparison to try to help keep me on track.

[I should note here that from my starting weight on 9/1/22 to my weigh-in yesterday (11/3/22) I have averaged a loss of 1.4 lbs. per week.] I hope to lose at least 1 lb. per week (but not more than 2 lbs. per week) in this challenge.

I will post my progress here every Thursday.

Very best wishes to all and have a great weekend! (Carole)

@Walela67 Wow! You get all that info from a scale (and app)? I'm going straight to Amazon today and buying this. I love the info! Thanks so much for sharing. I also look forward to seeing your continued progress.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,803 Member
    Options
    My name is Donna. I am 62 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall.

CHALLENGE TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: Total Loss of 15 pounds to land at 182.8
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT (FROM Oct 31): 197.8
    CHALLENGE ENDING WEIGHT:

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

11/01-199.8-(Trend Weight: 200.2)- Was it the travel weight, the Halloween candy, or the 3 hours of sleep last night? Moving forward, but remembering in the Book of Psalms that it says in part “My life is continually in my hands……”

11/07-198.8-(Trend Weight: 199.9)- I lost one full pound during Halloween week. I count that as a win.

11/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Nov Start: 197.8
    Nov Actual: xxxxx
    Nov Goal: (5 pound loss) 192.8

Cumulative Weight Loss so Far:

12/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Dec Start: xxxxx
    Dec Actual: xxxxx
    Dec Goal: (5 pound loss) xxxxx

01/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/02-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Jan Start: xxxxx
    Jan Actual: xxxxx
    Jan Goal: (5 pound loss) xxxxx

• chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would love to join!

My weight has been stagnant for the past month. Weighed in the exact number on the first and last days of the month. At least it wasn't a gain!

Here's where I'm at now:

HW: 242
    11/1: 220.2
    11/4: 221.3 (Friday is my normal weigh in day)
    11/11:
    11/18:
    11/25:

Challenge Goal Weight 1/31: 205
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello I would like to join this group. I started a new job working from home and have gained 10bs in 3 months. I have not used my fitness pal for 4 months. Looking for support.
    CW 240
    Goal 225
    Thanks Barb
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Hello, I hope you all are doing well!

11/1 195.8
    11/8 192.6 (3.2 lb loss for this challenge)

I’ve been going back and forth with 3 pounds for two weeks now, so hopefully I’m on the down side and next week will better. I’m still up .6 from my lowest weight (192.0) on 10/23, but definitely still trending downwards.

I have a few specific goals for this challenge.

1. I’m doing a beginner running series through IFit on my treadmill which is my main focus right now. I’m still trying to lose weight, but I am hoping to increase my fitness over the next 5 more weeks of the program.

2. I still outweigh my husband by 7pounds. I can’t wait until I’m lighter than him.

3. I’m looking forward to moving into the overweight from obese category. Those are the three things I’m focusing on right now, which all feel like achievable goals.

Just keep going! 💪

Great goals!