NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, well I had to WI for my other challenge and I gained a lb...back to where I started..can't seem to lose and keep it off...I know most of mine is emotional...plus with newborn my exercise is way off track..but I am still keeping the fight. I was tracking, but didn't track yesterday...I MUST go back and track. My grandson comes in for a week so who knows what my eating will be like..he likes MEAT..before he moved to Alaska, him and I would workout and try to eat well together. Miss those days...but you know kids grow up and make their own lives.. LOL

@trooworld Love the platter, such creativity and good food. LOL. The pictures are great of you and DH I am assuming..LOL. Sorry your knee is hurting, hope you get pain free soon.

@theslightedgeforever Safe travels and you will miss your daughter, but will she miss you. LOL. Kidding, thankfully there is such things as facetime, duo, etc.. Glad you enjoyed your visit and trips...stay on track and keep the scale going downward and the exercise going up.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am well into self sabotage mode 😒. I know it and it’s almost intentional. But I’m up and am still exercising first thing in the morning - albeit at a slower pace this last week. I don’t “want” to, but I am, so that’s good. Didn’t do step the other day but did do a long elliptical session instead. Focussing on not snacking today. After this I’m going to plan the days food and at least make an effort to be aware.

@cbabie Aw, it’s kinda nice to feel missed 😊. I’ll think of you now when I pop those emojis in - I always wonder if they are annoying or distracting, but sometimes I feel like the tone of my text can be ambiguous and they might clear it up. Glad to hear they are helpful 😊
    Maybe reminiscing with your grandson might motivate you both into working together while he is there - you might be able to recapture a little moment here and there to share and rekindle the enthusiasm.

@trooworld Hello! Nice to put a face to the name. Unfortunately I can’t offer to do the same because I’m still a bit internet-phobic, but sharing on here is more than I have ever done so maybe in another decade or so I’ll feel comfortable enough to do photos 😂. Your table spread looks amazing! Come feed me and my family please 😁. You must be getting a fair few incidental steps in with all the shopping - seems like a much more fun way to do it than me bobbing here on my elliptical. Cant say I’m much of a shopper though - I find clothes too intimidating and being short and round nothing nothing ever sits right. I’ve tried to browse catalogues a few times and tried to work out what “style” I like, but I just don’t have the confidence to leave the house in anything but jeans and a top. Anyway, not sure where that came from …

@theslightedgeforever Safe travels. Hope it’s a smooth trip. I’m a very bad sleeper usually so I really love my own bed - you must be hanging out for yours!

Okay, Sun in shining, I have a stressful day at work but an hour of alone time before it starts so no excuses not to start out on the right path. Happy Tuesday all.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Morning! I’m up and exercised and checking in with good intentions. Sleeping this week has been in steady decline and last night didn’t get much at all. This always makes me nervous because I’ve had insomnia before and don’t want to start the spiral of dread. Need to sort food and water. Know what to do just not doing it. Maybe today is the day 🤞
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I am bouncing between the same weights, too. It's really frustrating. I hope you have fun with your grandson! Thanks, yes, it was good lol. That is DH and me! :D Knee is a little better today, thanks.

@Tamevv What is causing the self-sabotage? Are you tracking? Is it snacks that are doing you in? I'm internet-phobic, too, but that pic looks different from me in real life so I felt okay lol. That food was really good indeed lol. Yes, lots of steps, and that's why the knee is bothering me. I have a hard time shopping, too, but focus mostly on accessories. I know they'll fit! :) I bet your lack of sleep is contributing to things. I hope today is a better day for you.

Hi all. My knee is a little better today. I haven't tracked since Thursday, I need to get back to that. I had a salad last night for dinner, so that's progress lol.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Trying to get resettled. I bought some groceries today and restocked the fridge with fresh produce.

@trooworld Yaay on your salad and get back to that tracking. I loved the Halloween pics.

@cbabie What is your favorite healthy thing to eat?

@tamevv Keep fighting against the self-sabotage. You are still doing well it seems. What do you see your style as when you reach your ideal weight? I think visualizing that and telling yourself the story as if it already is true helps a whole lot. Your brain will try to make that data input true.

So a bit of success in that I've tracked every day including my time in Chicago and traveling. Road trip snacks are the worst for me. Usually I don't track but I did well this time. I went over calories every day but it's tracked. I'll weigh in tomorrow and see what my scale says. I don't know the difference between my daughter's and mine.

• Tamevv
    Options

Morning all.

I tracked yesterday. Was over my cal budget but at least I tracked. Also stayed to approved snacks. Still too many, but not so random. Cleaned my teeth early which probably helped. Also made my water goal. Not bad considering it was my day off work and that sometimes leads to sloth-ery ☺️

Today is weigh in so I got up early and worked out a full hour. I had another pleasant surprise of a small loss. Very happy to think my actions might actually be becoming “habits” that I’m doing without so much awareness. Yay for me. Hoping this snaps me out of my negative headspace.

Was a good day so far - meetings all day and catered lunch but I was very responsible. Let’s see if I can stay the course till bedtime.

@theslightedgeforever I know some things I like to look at, but even if I could fit into them I would never leave the house in them due to confidence issues. I have a nice dress I wore last time I was slimmer so am hoping I’ll get to wear it again this summer. I guess that’s my goal dress for now.

@trooworld the self-sabotage is my usual MO - I’m still working through this bout of self-analysis but think I’m seeing the upside. Long weekend here so no idea what food will be like. Need to defrost the freezer so have been eating through that all week and depends on what is left.

All for now, hope your weeks all end well.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That's a good step towards better health. Thank you! I had fun! That's really impressive that you tracked while traveling. Good luck at the scale.

@Tamevv Yay for tracking and water! Congrats on the loss. Enjoy your long weekend.

Hi all. I gained 1 lb this week. Not bad considering all the fun I had lol. And not tracking. My husband is sick (I hope it's just a cold) and I am starting to feel unwell. Hopefully I'm just paranoid. I made him homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m still alive just have been busy and haven’t been logging in. Can’t believe it is already November! Going out today with my sister to go wedding dress shopping for her wedding which is 2 years away. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Missy
  • Tamevv
    Options

Hi all, life is good 😊. I’m losing track of days and goals - it’s only been a few since I set them but it feels like ages. Things are good tho. Having lots of genuine quality family time which I’m loving. And food is not a focus, and I’ve baked and cooked but not felt stressed or pressured about it. Am tracking on and off so not ideal but at least it’s not nothing. Exercise goals still going strong and did step today. Took a walk in the bush yesterday instead of elliptical which was lovely. Water is much better and meeting goal most days. All for now, off to watch a show with the kidlets 👋
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hey all. It's been a month wth. I'm moving house early December and just trying to get everything sorted. Luckily I have friends who drive too so they're helping too!
    Been walking a lot for exercise with my friend and her dog but when I move I'll have to find new routes or do laps in my new garden! 😁 Hope you're all well.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Hi there! Yeah, it's crazy that it is already November. Enjoy the time with your sister!

@Tamevv Family quality time: nothing better! I need to get back to tracking, too. Great job with the exercise and water.

@roz0810 Hi nice to "see" you! Good luck with the move. I hate moving! Ooh a garden, lucky lady!

Hi all. My husband is still sick and I'm either experiencing allergies or starting to get it. I think just allergies because what he has is awful. He took a COVID test and it's not that, I think he has the flu which would make sense because he refused to get the flu vaccine and I got the vaccine. I still haven't tracked but need to start now.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    thank you @trooworld we are moving to a 2 bedroom bungalow! only been waiting 3 years to move but I've got the perfect place for me and hubby now finally!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I've been doing well with food since I got home but lacking on the exercise. I've went to the gym once. Today was my rest day. I'm trying to get back into my old routine.

I gained 0.1 lbs this past week.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Evening all,

Good day - combination step and core class this morning, then garden inspiration and 5 hours of labour. Additional bonus i didnt have opportunity to snack so am WAY under cal budget 👍. About to soak in the bath then crash into bed early.

@trooworld. Fingers crossed you don’t get worse! Let’s both track everything tomorrow 😊

@roz0810 hello! A new home is excitin 😁. All those new places to explore, and a garden big enough to walk laps in! Fantastic!

@theslightedgeforever At least you’ve been once 👍. Maybe the “old” routine could use a tune up? Great work with food success.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @tamevv Yaaay on your small loss. Sounds like you have burned loads of calories. Good for you. Plus under your target for food. Keep it up and another loss headed your way.

@roz0810 I always loved a new house but hated the packing/moving part. It's new, clean, and organized. Well for a bit. lol That's good you are doing some walking.

@trooworld My hubby had the same thing. negative covid test. I told him before people just had flu and colds, now everyone worries it's covid.

@gemwolf110 Now you have a nice target ahead of you. Slim down for the wedding.

@cbabie, where are you at?

I did 90 min at the gym today. Water goal met (32 oz.) Food is on track. I just put some veggies in the airfryer so I can have them ready to eat when I get hungry. I sliced up some carrots for tomorrow. If I prep the food, I will eat it.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    The slightedgeforever Yep I’m the same, if I have veggies prepared, I’m pretty good at choosing them to eat. Just have to keep on the ball with forward planning. I’m also noticing myself crave savoury/salty more than I used to - has replaced some of my snack cravings in the evening which in a nice change 😊. I’ve been toying with the idea of an air fryer for ages, but can’t seem to justify it for myself. The cheap ones seem dodgy and the expensive ones are soooooo expensive 😒
  • trooworld
    Options
    @roz0810 Oh that sounds nice! Congratulations!

@theslightedgeforever You know what you would tell us? Make small exercise goals and work to achieve those. :) You've got this. Yeah, that's right, everyone worries it's COVID. I got the flu, too, despite getting the shot. Great job with the gym and food!

@Tamevv Sounds like you had a great day on Nov 7. Yay! Thanks, no tracking, I got sick lol. Air fryers....I have a Ninja Foodi which I absolutely love. We use it every day practically. It is a combination of air fryer, pressure cooker, dehydrator, roaster, it can do so much. The only thing is that if you use it as an air fryer, you are limited in the amount of food you can put in there but I think that's the case with all air fryers.

Hello all. Well, Sunday, I was full-on sick with the flu. I am still sick. I've been eating junk, pretty much anything that is easy because my husband is still sick, too: boxed macaroni and cheese, hamburgers and fries. I did make homemade chicken noodle soup on Thursday but that got really old after having it 3 days in a row. Yesterday, I just slept most of the day. I will probably do more of that today. Tonight, I have a webinar from my healthcare provider, it lasts until January, once a week. Its focus is to get us into more healthier habits and get our weight down. I haven't been tracking but I am hydrated enough.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @tamevv I was lucky. My hubby got a gift certificate from work and we used that to buy the airfryer.

@trooworld Yes you are right. I would tell you that. Today's exercise was really small. 12 min walk. I'll do better tomorrow. I think I worked too hard cleaning. plus helping dh with some house maintenance. Yaay on better hydration. I hope you feel better. Being sick is no fun.

I'm under my target by about 100 calories. Met my water goal. Ate some cantaloupe and a mix of veggies. broccolli, carrots, zucchini. Off to watch some more of The Crown.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Happy Wednesday! Finally getting some fall weather here. It’s still sunny but is definitely cooling off and hope it stays this way for a bit. Hope everyone is having a great week!

@theslightedgeforever yes! Got 2 years to get to goal. I got this!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Cleaning is exercise, too. Yeah, I feel awful still. Sounds like food was good yesterday.

@gemwolf110 Yay for fall weather! You do have this!

Hi all. Still sick here. I'm eating through my PTO. I hope to work some tomorrow. I didn't go to the webinar last night, was feeling too bad. But the webinar leader is going to fill me in today over the phone. Still not tracking.