What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    p43rh5zzas8n.jpeg

Daughter said if I could make a low cal pumpkin spice latte she could make at home, she’d love me forever.

Challenge accepted.

This is an XL, 16 oz mug. 40 calories.

2 scoops dark roast in my Aeropress, 40gr Jordan’s Pumpkin Spice Latte syrup and 1/2c frothed and heated skim milk, sprinkled with pumpkin spice.

Next time I’m going to put a Dorot frozen ginger cube in the press with the ground coffee. I love the heat of ginger and think that would put it OTT. And maybe 1/4c milk and a squirt of 15 cal whipped cream. That would actually be about 35 calories, 30 if I were nitpicking calories and used canned coconut whipped cream.

BTW, Lidl’s “Noire” coffee is excellent. I’m hardly an expert, having only taken up coffee drinking in the past year, but it’s better than the local roasters, who are supposed to be top notch, Food Network, all that. And definitely better than the burnt offering from the local bakery. I only get theirs because the dog loves their “free” dog cookies and I feel obligated.

How can you resist this face?
    9x8cn0p836he.jpeg

I love love love your doggie!
  • VegjoyP
    SCANDINAVIAN FIBRR CRISP BREAD!!
    I am addicted
    https://www.ggbrancrispbread.com/

I put a bit of sugar free preserves on top and that's it!
  • VegjoyP
    Broccoli mash
    300 grams broccoli, cooked soft.
    1/8 water
    1-2 tbsp avocado.

Blend in food processor or nutrabulley, season to liking. I used sea salt. Nutritional yeast, parsley and rosemary and topped with vegan cashew cheese
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Pumpkin empanadas... toasted
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    [quote=broccoli, cooked soft.
    1/8 water
    1-2 tbsp avocado.

Blend in food processor or nutrabulley, season to liking. I used sea salt. Nutritional yeast, parsley and rosemary and topped with vegan cashew cheese [/quote]

I'll have to try this! Sounds delish😋
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Trader Joe's Korean Beefless Bulgogi. Personally, I'm a huge meat-eater, but for some reason, it is so addictive.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    edited November 2022
    Trader Joe's Korean Beefless Bulgogi. Personally, I'm a huge meat-eater, but for some reason, it is so addictive.

pear/apple puree give it the sweet combinations you normally find in traditional bulgogi

i been eating chestnuts/korean sweet potato (not the gross american kind) all day everyday.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,417 Member
    Laugenecke. They are German pretzel corners, and I think I’ve mentioned them before but they are worth repeating. I brought a dozen home in my backpack yesterday, which resulted in me being pulled over to the Ag inspection line because, surely, someone bringing back a dozen large crispy flaky yummy bread rolls is also packing sausage to go with them, right?!

Nope. I learnt my lesson about that several years ago. Even vacuum packed sausage is forbidden. 😗

There is a popular vegan restaurant in the German town my daughter lives in that serves vegan döner slices on top of large salads.

I am obsessed with these slices, which are DELICIOUS and also with the yogurt-fig dressing they used, which I’m gonna try to replicate.

They also served with with a spring roll filled with what seemed to be creamy lentils. OMG. If ever I win that billion dollar lottery, I’ll pay someone millions to come cook this for me every day.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Laugenecke. They are German pretzel corners, and I think I’ve mentioned them before but they are worth repeating. I brought a dozen home in my backpack yesterday, which resulted in me being pulled over to the Ag inspection line because, surely, someone bringing back a dozen large crispy flaky yummy bread rolls is also packing sausage to go with them, right?!

Nope. I learnt my lesson about that several years ago. Even vacuum packed sausage is forbidden. 😗

There is a popular vegan restaurant in the German town my daughter lives in that serves vegan döner slices on top of large salads.

I am obsessed with these slices, which are DELICIOUS and also with the yogurt-fig dressing they used, which I’m gonna try to replicate.

They also served with with a spring roll filled with what seemed to be creamy lentils. OMG. If ever I win that billion dollar lottery, I’ll pay someone millions to come cook this for me every day.

Never heard of those pretzel pastries but I googled it and OMG I NEED!
    jnsznlgzdqkk.png

Why can't you bring sausage?
  • VegjoyP
    Still can not get enough of my broccoli mash!
    I am constantly craving my favorite Good Catch plant based tuna on Ezekiel with plant based queso, Nutritional yeast and seasoningscx06wvm7n9jp.jpg
    55kemcj8r8jd.jpg
  • delillolauren
    delillolauren Posts: 35 Member
    My current obsession is a bun-less cheeseburger smothered on caramelized onion with a dollop of sour cream. I could eat it for every meal.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Been really into maple oatmeal cooked with 1/2c blueberries so they are warm and topped with stevia brown sugar blend and cinnamon.
  • springlering62
    @Noreenmarie1234 my understanding is you can’t import meat because of issues like Mad Cow disease etc, not even sealed or vacuum packed.

I plan to have a whack at making laugenecke when our travel schedule slows down. The recipe I read made it sound easier than I thought. We have a local German bakery here in our small
    Southern town who makes them, but at $5 a pop, they’re more expensive than steak by weight, so it’s worthwhile to attempt it.
  • 4Phoenix
    4Phoenix Posts: 236 Member
    Sprouted organic Tofu...pan fried in nonstick pan with garlic (sprinkle with a bit of nutritional yeast). It feeds the wolf in me....satisfy and filling. Yes, I fit the four ounces into my daily chronometer...along with steamed broccoli &spinach, baked small sweet potato in slices. Obsessed🔥
  • PAPYRUS3
    4Phoenix wrote: »
    Sprouted organic Tofu...pan fried in nonstick pan with garlic (sprinkle with a bit of nutritional yeast). It feeds the wolf in me....satisfy and filling. Yes, I fit the four ounces into my daily chronometer...along with steamed broccoli &spinach, baked small sweet potato in slices. Obsessed🔥

I too love love sprouted organic tofu and all your add-ins are things I have daily too (not necessarily the daily potato though...but so good too)😋
  • PAPYRUS3
    zoj2my5kno5e.jpg
    Loving these lately. Chewy and love the chips added w/ the PB flavor
    srlwy5lfzu87.jpg
    These are good. Nice and chewy.
    kn3dmthtyzp7.jpg
    I like the fact that it only is 230 calories for the whole loaf too.
    xauahhj9wncs.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    zoj2my5kno5e.jpg
    srlwy5lfzu87.jpg
    kn3dmthtyzp7.jpg
    xauahhj9wncs.jpg
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    zoj2my5kno5e.jpg
    srlwy5lfzu87.jpg
    kn3dmthtyzp7.jpg
    xauahhj9wncs.jpg

Can you pm the recipe???

• PAPYRUS3
    7n667j4tl8cn.jpg

**and temperature is NOT celcius! It's Fahrenheit lol!
  • VegjoyP
    1 ingredient Buckwheat bread!!
  • springlering62
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    1 ingredient Buckwheat bread!!

I looked this up. It sounds interesting! I like the idea that it self-ferments.