Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

15 pounds to lose challenge November 1 - January 31, 2023

Options

Replies

• FLMOM22
    FLMOM22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Hello, I hope you all are doing well!

11/1 195.8
    11/8 192.6 (3.2 lb loss for this challenge)

@IAmTheGlue great job with your success this week! Sounds like you have a successful plan in place to keep achieving success. Be patient with the process. Remember we are not after a destination or certain number. Certainly celebrate the many choices that brought you this far. Well done!
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    CHALLENGE: lose 7-10 pounds by January 31st (13 weeks)
    Highest weight (7/10/2020): 330
    Anniversary weight (7/10/2021): 243 (lost 87 pounds in year one)
    2nd Anniversary weight (7/10/2022): 226 (lost 18 pounds in year two)
    November 1st starting weight: 226.6 (7-day average)
    January 31st goal weight: 220
    ultimate goal weight: 215 (would like to stay in range 210-220)

Nov 01 : 226.6 (Weigh-in day: Tuesday)
    Nov 08 : 229.0 : ↑ 2.4

Awesome success you have had so far! Just find what works for you and celebrate you and your choices that gave you success these past two years!
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    Hi My name is Sherri 60 year old and live in BC

I'm back. I really need to get back on track. I didn't lose anything the last challenge as I wasn't tracking my food and eating way too many carbs. I find my body doesn't like digesting carbs(especially bread) and just holds on to it. I gain almost everytime I eat bread. Going to have to come up with a solution for bread as it is any easy and quick food to grab when I'm hungry or in a hurry.

Start of new contest
    1) Track food at least 5 days a week - did 4 days
    2) Drink more water, 5 glasses a day - average 3 a day
    3) Get out for a walk 4 days a week if can't get out exercise at home. Yoga, Weights or Strength training - only got out 3 times going ton have to work on this. We have Snow and it's hard yo get out so will have to make up a home exercise plan
    4) Lose 5lbs a month

Nov.1 191.2
    Nov.8 190

Hi Sherri,
    Welcome aboard!
    You can do this and we are here to cheer you on!
    I hope you find a fitness plan that works during snowy weather.
    I would encourage you to google nutrients craving chart. I think bread craving signifies a nutrient deficiency. Maybe you can find other foods in that nutrient category that work better for you.
    I encourage you to focus on adequate protein and fiber intake daily and your water intake. Those two categories I mentioned will keep you feeling full.
    Best wishes to reaching your goals 😊
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    taxgirl1 wrote: »
    SW: 234.7
    CW: 232.5
    GW: 219.9

Nov. 3--234.7
    Nov. 10--232.5 (-2.2)

I know a lot of this weight is water weight, but it feels good to see a drop on the scale. This week is the first time in a long time that I feel more in control of my eating. My NSV is that I kept my stress eating down to 1 evening this week.

Congrats on your success 🙌🏻