Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    what if we standardized your and you’re to just youre all the time and their they’re there to theyr all the time and then went to ten hour long days like metric time

My dad always said, can’t live youre life on what if’s - parents think everything was better in theyr time smh - but this is now this is our time - gooonies never die !!!

I cringed so much, I almost didn't quote it.

If you like that, let me tell you about “seen’t”

You ain’t seen’t nothing yet.😏

Why do people adore you? You're meeeeeeeeeeeeean. :p

It’s weird isn’t it? Inexplicable.

kom8hgc98zcl.gif
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    what if we standardized your and you’re to just youre all the time and their they’re there to theyr all the time and then went to ten hour long days like metric time

My dad always said, can’t live youre life on what if’s - parents think everything was better in theyr time smh - but this is now this is our time - gooonies never die !!!

I cringed so much, I almost didn't quote it.

If you like that, let me tell you about “seen’t”

You ain’t seen’t nothing yet.😏

Why do people adore you? You're meeeeeeeeeeeeean. :p

It’s weird isn’t it? Inexplicable.

kom8hgc98zcl.gif
    *sigh* <3

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 907 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Ok Americans.... favourite Thanksgiving recipes or traditions please?

I offered to host our neighbour who is here working at the US consulate (his wife is away visiting her mom so he's solo) and another American friend is excited to come since his wife is Canadian and they don't do two Thanksgivings. Then there's our other friends who we invite to all special meals. So I kinda want to do traditional American dishes although I'll add come Canadiana with butter tarts.

3 quintessential Americana thanksgiving items to me are: stuffing, cranberry sauce and anything pumpkin.

One Thanksgiving I did wine flights at dinner for a pairing.. was popular if your guests like vino. I paired with wine from vineyards from Virginia and New York.

My favorite tradition is to keep the wishbone from the Turkey and break it with a family member. Used to do that with my Mom. It’s the first Thanksgiving without her — so it’s going to be rough.

Little things huh?
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options

I offered to host our neighbour who is here working at the US consulate (his wife is away visiting her mom so he's solo) and another American friend is excited to come since his wife is Canadian and they don't do two Thanksgivings. Then there's our other friends who we invite to all special meals. So I kinda want to do traditional American dishes although I'll add come Canadiana with butter tarts.

3 quintessential Americana thanksgiving items to me are: stuffing, cranberry sauce and anything pumpkin.

One Thanksgiving I did wine flights at dinner for a pairing.. was popular if your guests like vino. I paired with wine from vineyards from Virginia and New York.

My favorite tradition is to keep the wishbone from the Turkey and break it with a family member. Used to do that with my Mom. It’s the first Thanksgiving without her — so it’s going to be rough.

Little things huh?

This is giving me ptsd flashbacks to me and my siblings fighting over the wishbone. It was taken very seriously in my household. 😬

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,207 Member
    Options

Little things huh?

My Nana always kept the wishbone and always knew which side to pick to win!!! She was an Olympic runner...I guess she was a bit competitive hahah
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Who wants to come to hallmark movie night in December? The movie is the Christmas Stocking so instead of bringing a hostess gift we're bringing a toy to "fill a stocking" for a gift collection for a downtown shelter. We're the elves and my friend whose church is doing the collection is our Santa. So I want to invite lots so we get many gifts haha. So far my cousin's wife is super excited for an invite!
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Hope @ermengarde22 didnt actually get in trouble and go to jail or some chit -
    Ditto

Wonder if @Peachesnstuff got Into the same trouble she Mia too

a6dfhjfpj8iu.gif
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    Why is crossing the road so embarrassing?!
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options

Do you do the speedy little hopping race walk and a friendly wave to thank the people for stopping for you?
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

Do you do the speedy little hopping race walk and a friendly wave to thank the people for stopping for you?

It starts out that way but it ends with me staring at the ground tripping over my feet as my heart races and sweat falls into me eyes as I pray the light doesn't turn green and the horns start blasting bc I be a deer in headlights ready to sit down in front of the cars just to cry my eyes out
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Is there a punch line or legit question??
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Hope @ermengarde22 didnt actually get in trouble and go to jail or some chit -
    Ditto

Wonder if @Peachesnstuff got Into the same trouble she Mia too

a6dfhjfpj8iu.gif

Out on bail fresh outta jail…

I mean welcome back !
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

Is there a punch line or legit question??

A legit question

Maybe it's just me 😑
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Hooray just got my parcel of stuff for volunteer driving. Cleaned and bleached my car, now to decide if I want to do a shift Friday. I have parent teacher interviews til noon and should go visit my mom. So maybe I'll just have to wait for my official start date of December 5. I'm excited to get to meet people and help.

I have tissues and I'm going to put a case of bottled water in the back, I've also some blankets cause I figure it's winter and if I'm chauffeuring cancer patients they might like a cozy blanket fr the drive
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    the

i dont know but i feel it too
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    the

♥️ For a moment I felt so alone 😭
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    the

the

When I am driving it is a point of pride for me that pedestrians have the right of way and I will stop a little ways back from the crosswalk to make sure that the walkers know they are safe with me. You shouldn’t have to rush to get across the street.

When I am walking it is a point of arrogance for me that I belong there and I have the right of way. I walk with purpose but I run for nobody😂
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    the

the

When I am driving it is a point of pride for me that pedestrians have the right of way and I will stop a little ways back from the crosswalk to make sure that the walkers know they are safe with me. You shouldn’t have to rush to get across the street.

When I am walking it is a point of arrogance for me that I belong there and I have the right of way. I walk with purpose but I run for nobody😂

We. Are. The. Same.

Except sometimes it's because it's a good song with a good beat and no way am I going to slow down.

And I actually do hold my hand up to thank people for stopping to let me cross the street or a driveway because people can be such *kitten* :)

• TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Options
    the

the

We. Are. The. Same.

Except sometimes it's because it's a good song with a good beat and no way am I going to slow down.

And I actually do hold my hand up to thank people for stopping to let me cross the street or a driveway because people can be such *kitten* :)

I wave thanks too! I thought it was because I’m a New Yorker 😂