November 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Hobbes looks so dignified, as always, wearing his bow tie! I hope they got the coyote some help. It's clearly hurt, and badly enough to overcome the skittishness they usually have. We have them everywhere is TX too but it's rare to actually see one. I hear them yipping from time to time though.
    Making up missed miles is never a good idea, remember your goal is to finish your race. I had the same thing and had to keep reminding myself not to let perfection get in the way of progress.

Yes, exactly! I am such a perfectionist. I like things to go to plan. Usually that works to my benefit with training because I am really good about not skipping runs and rescheduling them if something unexpected comes up. This injury is pushing me into being more flexible, and that is hard for me.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Hobbes looks so dignified, as always, wearing his bow tie! I hope they got the coyote some help. It's clearly hurt, and badly enough to overcome the skittishness they usually have. We have them everywhere is TX too but it's rare to actually see one. I hear them yipping from time to time though.
    Making up missed miles is never a good idea, remember your goal is to finish your race. I had the same thing and had to keep reminding myself not to let perfection get in the way of progress.

Yes, exactly! I am such a perfectionist. I like things to go to plan. Usually that works to my benefit with training because I am really good about not skipping runs and rescheduling them if something unexpected comes up. This injury is pushing me into being more flexible, and that is hard for me.

@martaindale yes, exactly, one of the reasons I'm trying a time and zone based plan now instead of miles and pace is because if those numbers are there I will either force myself to nail them, whether or not I should, or be convinced the world will end if I don't!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Great running! I hope the weather is better for you today. I also hope animal control was able to help the coyote. Hobbes looks so dapper in that first picture. Love his Christmas PJs. :lol:

Great job in getting out and getting your run in @tarun_yadavA .

Thank you 😊 @quilteryoyo
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    November Goal: 100 Miles

11/1: 5.26 miles
    11/2: 5.26 miles
    11/4: 5.55 miles
    11/6: 11.15 miles
    11/7: 2.11 miles
    11/8: 5.26 miles
    11/9: 5.31 miles
    11/10: 6.01 miles
    11/11: 3.30 miles
    11/12: 3.20 miles
    11/13: 10.12 miles
    11/14: 5.12 miles
    11/15: 3.15 miles
    11/16: 5.31 miles
    11/17: 5.31 miles
    11/18: 4.07 miles
    11/19: 3.15 miles
    11/20: 9.35 miles
    11/21: 1.02 miles
    11/22: 5.26 miles

104.27/100 miles completed for November

Just one short mile yesterday for the streak. I was pretty tired and considered walking, but it was cold and so I ran.

Today I ran 5 miles. It was am oddly nice run. It was 35°F feels like 32°. I wore capri tights and a t-shirt with sleeves and gloves. Plus my earband. I was definitely chilly starting out, but I was not overdressed. I guess I would rather be a little chilly than too warm. I just find it very uncomfortable to be cold and hot and sweaty at the same time.

When I first stepped outside the sky was clear and the stars looked really bright. But as I headed west towards the park I noticed it was foggy and soon I was completely enveloped by the fog. Then as I got close to home the sky was clearing again and the moon was just lovely.
    migmifvco1k5.jpg

@shanaber Great pictures of the coyote. I hope that animal control was able to help and relocate him. And Hobbes looks so handsome in his holiday wear.

@martaindale Sorry you are still having Achilles issues.

exercise.png
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Hello everyone! 😊
    9k in the rain. Wet, wet shoes - all the things!
    cjou66l3fr3q.png
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - thank you! 😊

@SummerSkier - thanks for the tip! ... And well done on 105/120 !