Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Also some people can’t see things in their minds
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I was today years old when I learned that only 30 - 50 percent of people have an inner monologue.

WTF?!

Lol. - In literally just read this - like wtf half the population brain is empty?? Dude I sometimes have multiple monologues going on at once ??

😂

Same. What does that even mean? Maybe I’m misunderstanding the term “monologue”?

Edit…anyone here NOT have an inner monologue? Do you think in actions? In pictures? I can’t even imagine this.
    bjuzz406alzj.jpeg

I can see thinking in pictures being a thing but it's probably not. :)

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Also some people can’t see things in their minds

My mind is being blown tonight.🤯
  • MelG7777
    glassyo wrote: »
    I was today years old when I learned that only 30 - 50 percent of people have an inner monologue.

WTF?!

Lol. - In literally just read this - like wtf half the population brain is empty?? Dude I sometimes have multiple monologues going on at once ??

😂

Same. What does that even mean? Maybe I’m misunderstanding the term “monologue”?

Edit…anyone here NOT have an inner monologue? Do you think in actions? In pictures? I can’t even imagine this.
    bjuzz406alzj.jpeg

I’m going to train myself to think in musical notes somehow. Or whale sounds. *kitten*. Would that be considered monologue though? I want to think in shapes and colors.

There have been a few times I’ve had to have medical tests in a highly stressful situation. Like an MRI post delivery of a child when your hormones are insane, you’re tired, emotional, separated from your baby and think you’re dying for sure. I thought in grocery shop. It was the most neutral thing I could think of to not freak tf out. I just envisioned grocery shopping and picking out items. I want it to be something cooler.

I am way off in my own world apparently rn.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    I had to drop off my car to get the windshield fixed and I suddenly feel trapped. No car in the driveway causes me such stress. There's nowhere I need to be, nowhere I need to go, but I still feel uneasy.

One day I'm going to have to surrender my keys bc I'll be a danger on the roads....now I'm anxious about that.

FML

Maybe you’ll move to a sweet walkable town/city before then ❤️

Assisted living? 😭

ETA - that's so odd how when I quote you the heart turns red, when I post it turns black

Idk What you mean. I chose a red heart.

You see a red heart??
    Yes

Interesting. I can't access MFP via web browser for some reason, when I do I'll screenshot it and show you that is indeed black

As an observer using chrome on android, it was black for me too.

Thought it was just me. Android user as well
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member

WTF?!

Same.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member

WTF?!

😂

bjuzz406alzj.jpeg

I’m going to train myself to think in musical notes somehow. Or whale sounds. *kitten*. Would that be considered monologue though? I want to think in shapes and colors.

There have been a few times I’ve had to have medical tests in a highly stressful situation. Like an MRI post delivery of a child when your hormones are insane, you’re tired, emotional, separated from your baby and think you’re dying for sure. I thought in grocery shop. It was the most neutral thing I could think of to not freak tf out. I just envisioned grocery shopping and picking out items. I want it to be something cooler.

I get this. When I got my wisdom tooth pulled without going under I was so freaked out I just focused on the Dora the Explorer theme song.
    🤔 Thinking about it, I think I start singing under my breath when stressed all the time.
  • MelG7777

WTF?!

😂

bjuzz406alzj.jpeg

I get this. When I got my wisdom tooth pulled without going under I was so freaked out I just focused on the Dora the Explorer theme song.
    🤔 Thinking about it, I think I start singing under my breath when stressed all the time.

Omg. That’s priceless. I should plan out my next crisis better. Who wants to visualize grocery shopping?🤡I definitely don’t normally visualize that when stressed. I normally just pretend I’m not.
  • TwitchyMagee
    My street is phase 2 in the plan to bring town water. I’m guessing that’s about 5 years out
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,187 Member
    Rain....and what furniture will we've shopping for today. Mentioned once to the mother in law I wanted an ottoman and now we are obsessing until we find one
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Wondering if anyone 25 or younger knows what ditto marks are

Eta: this is not any kind of judgment. I’m just thinking they may have entered the world of obsolescence- Ditto marks, not the young people
  • TwitchyMagee
    My phone is too big for my hand and I think that’s why my thumb always hurts
  • TwitchyMagee
    Wondering how many people can talk about anything interesting that doesn’t involve romance or sex and can do it without the ulterior motive of romance or sex.
  • Alinouveau2
    Why do my thumb and wrist hurt? This doesn't make me happy
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Look two quotes up. Do you have phone hand too?
  • Alinouveau2
    Look two quotes up. Do you have phone hand too?

Hahaha. We have the same affliction.
    It really hurts like i couldn't put weight on my hand yesterday. Now my thumb is achy
  • TwitchyMagee
    the #1 cause of death in children under 18 in the U.S.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    I love the idea of sitting around in my tee shirt and shorts all day, heat cranked, chores ignored, book in hand, dogs on lap. Then 4:00 rolls around and I feel like a piece of *kitten* for being lazy.

Be kind to yourself- tomorrow is a new day - I often have these feelings - usually after a night of drinking and waking up hung over - but we are human - it’s ok to sit around and do nothing for one day - knowing the next day you’ll prolly have the dog a walked and fence pressure washed before 9 - you good fam - take a a day
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,463 Member
    I feel like ripping the heads off all my Barbie dolls