December 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Awesome race @quilteryoyo! You went into beast mode!

Way to go on your race too @Fit2btied2016! Very nice that you ticked off all of your goals!

@kgirlhart - super impressive 1st place female finish er! We sure have some strong women here!

Weather is looking good this morning. Wish I could have slept last night 😒
    Will try to get a report out by the end of the day or tomorrow. Thanks for the support ❣️
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Fit2btied2016 Woohoo! Great racing and congrats for hitting all your goals. That race looks like a lot of fun. I could see why you would want to make it an annual thing. As for what’s happening to you, sounds like you got the running bug!

@quilteryoyo Awesome work! I can’t wait to read your race report.

@kgirlhart Way to go first place female finisher! And a race for a good cause.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 One thing I am looking forward to the most about finishing this marathon training cycle is getting back to the trails. The mileage is too much for me to throw the technical difficulty of trails into the mix, not to mention the risk of injury. But I really miss the trails. I have a camping trip booked the weekend after my race and I plan on getting some short hikes in. I really love being out on a trail!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 One thing I am looking forward to the most about finishing this marathon training cycle is getting back to the trails. The mileage is too much for me to throw the technical difficulty of trails into the mix, not to mention the risk of injury. But I really miss the trails. I have a camping trip booked the weekend after my race and I plan on getting some short hikes in. I really love being out on a trail!

No, you do not want to throw roots and rocks into your training cycle! I haven't been able to hike much lately because its that time of year with so much holiday stuff going on and work has been crazy also. I definitely felt the trails calling yesterday!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember what time @Scott6255 needs for his BQ? Following the tracker!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I was just about to ask the same thing @polskagirl01 . Do you know how old he is? I'm following him too. Looks like he's doing great! Afraid he may be a little behind BQ pace though. If he's between 60-64 he needs 8:46 min/mile pace.

We're cheering for you Scott. You can do it!
  • polskagirl01
    Options
    I found this list, but don't know his age either. Currently pretty close if 60 or older, but has 10 miles to go. Hopefully he didn't go out too fast.
    co4cz8rx0cie.jpg
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,728 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Congratulations @Scott6255 on a great race!!! I'm looking forward to reading your race report. In the meantime, I hope you are relaxing and eating all the food!
  • polskagirl01
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Great job, @Scott6255 ! You were so close, I'm sure you can hit your BQ goal if you keep trying. Awesome that you're running at that level!

Congratulations also to @quilteryoyo, you rocked that race!

I also love @kgirlhart not even planning to run a race, and then going and winning it!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 - well done!!! 🙌 Amazing
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @Laurz9191 FYI (in case you didn't already know) Before you take your tree into the house, give it a thorough blast of bug spray. If you don't, every creepy crawly that is sheltering in it will wake up as soon as the tree warms up. Please don't ask me how I know this...

@Tramboman - Ha! Kinda like that time we discovered a mouse in our tree (among other things) after we brought it in the house...

@Scott6255 - Congratulations!! Taking 15 mins off your PR is awesome. It is too bad you missed the BQ but you now know it its definitely a possibility and plenty of time to try again! Love the picture with your family - so cool that you all ran it!