December 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls Seems I remember that some of us suggested you make a trip to the moon and back once you made it around the world, but we decided it wasn't possible...... I'm sorry you get SADD and PTSD. That's so hard to deal with. Hugs, even though I know that doesn't really help.

@AlphaHowls We must have had the same mom. She always said, if you're bored, I'll find you something to do. LOL But, she loved to read, so if I told her I was reading, I could get out of doing about anything...not that I ever did that. :wink: I can't imagine doing a HM of crazy laps either. Do you have a path worn out in your carpet?
    All hugs help!
    My mom swears I have worn out the carpet, but I have not, but you can tell where I am mostly.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Congrats! Thats quite an accomplishment. And, wow, capris in 30 degree weather. You are made of sturdier stock than I! I would be thick leggings, warm long sleeve, gloves, ear cover. The whole shebang.

Congrats to you for your 3rd place finish @Teresa502!

It is getting cold here too but you guys up north are really getting hit hard. Stay warm everyone!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Dec total: 115.6/150 miles

12/1: 3 miles
    12/2: 8 miles
    12/3: 7 miles
    12/4: 7 miles
    12/5: 9 miles
    12/6: 6 miles
    12/8: 6.5 miles
    12/10: 12 miles
    12/11: 5 miles
    12/12: 8.9 miles
    12/14: 10 miles
    12/15: 6.1 miles
    12/16: 6.1 miles
    12/17: 16 miles
    12/18: 5 miles

Unlike @kgirlhart I decided to take advantage of an open schedule and waited until the afternoon to run. It was 50F, feels like 47F. And I wore long leggings, long sleeve tech shirt, and baseball hat.

@SummerSkier I am out in the hill country right now and it is getting way colder here than Houston. We have 2 nights with lows in the teens predicted. It's a good thing I came up and covered outdoor faucets and got the well house heat lamp set up. We hadn't done the winter prepping yet as it really hadn't gotten cold yet then boom! Super mega cold!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA Great rainy run this morning. You're pace is impressive.

@eleanorhawkins You are not a terrible runner in my book. I'm sorry that you were that scared and unable to finish your planned route. I think you are making progress though. Wasn't it just a few months ago, after your fall, that you could barely go on a steep trail at all? The dog story is very cute. Glad the donkeys cheered you on. Happy Birthday to your dad tomorrow. I didn't realize it had been 2 years since his surgery. My, time has flown!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - thank you! 😊

@eleanorhawkins - well done on getting the half in, regardless.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo thanks. Yes, it was. I thought I was over it, but apparently not. Time has flown! He's grumpy because I sent him a card and chocolates and his wife confiscated the chocolates 😂
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Great job running the year!!!
  • sahibachahalxoxo
    Options
    I don't really know how should one calculate the total number of kms or miles, as in extremely new to the whole walking/running to lose weight. Should i start small or be ambition? Should I keep it somewhere in the middle? A bit of help from the community would be extremely great!!

I was thinking 20 miles for the last 12 days of December!!